Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,155 members, 7,815,026 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:26 AM

Mtn Unregistered/incomplete Sim Disconnection Ongoing - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Mtn Unregistered/incomplete Sim Disconnection Ongoing (2252 Views)

Construction Of Shops For Anambra Shoe Manufacturers And Dealers Ongoing / Can I Open A Current Account For An Unregistered Business? / BVN: Banks To Deactivate Unregistered Accounts As Deadline Expires Friday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mtn Unregistered/incomplete Sim Disconnection Ongoing by ojoyentalk: 6:11am On Dec 02, 2015
I just discovered my line is barred from making calls but I can receive calls. I have been to MTN outlets twice to register my SIM card. Could it be mistakes on their part to disconnect me after completing my registration?
Re: Mtn Unregistered/incomplete Sim Disconnection Ongoing by makazona(m): 6:31am On Dec 02, 2015
Any screen shot to prove it?
Re: Mtn Unregistered/incomplete Sim Disconnection Ongoing by ojoyentalk: 6:37am On Dec 02, 2015
makazona:
Any screen shot to prove it?

No one. Just voice prompt
Re: Mtn Unregistered/incomplete Sim Disconnection Ongoing by rottennaija(m): 6:47am On Dec 02, 2015
Mtn has sent me messages over the weeks that I should complete my sim registration which I have been ignoring. I have done my registration before and they even called months or years back asking for some information meant to update my registration. Besides, I can't even think of going to that mtn office which is always filled up.

In Sunday, they send me a message saying that if I don't complete my sim registration, I'll be disconnected on Monday which I ignored. Then, on Tuesday, that was yesterday, they then send me a message saying I can give them the permission to use my bvn to update my sim registration. That I should text YES to 799.

Well, it was an easier option which I took.
Re: Mtn Unregistered/incomplete Sim Disconnection Ongoing by makazona(m): 7:06am On Dec 02, 2015
ojoyentalk:

No one. Just voice prompt

Its all good,pal
Re: Mtn Unregistered/incomplete Sim Disconnection Ongoing by Lionhearted: 9:00am On Dec 02, 2015
Same here o.

Was at their office on Monday. After been on the queue for several hours, the account asked whether I can make calls and I answered YES. Told me to just send status to 799 which returned Sim registration complete.

Now my line blocked this morning.

Way forward?
Re: Mtn Unregistered/incomplete Sim Disconnection Ongoing by foxgiovani(m): 8:40pm On Dec 02, 2015
rottennaija:
Mtn has sent me messages over the weeks that I should complete my sim registration which I have been ignoring. I have done my registration before and they even called months or years back asking for some information meant to update my registration. Besides, I can't even think of going to that mtn office which is always filled up.

In Sunday, they send me a message saying that if I don't complete my sim registration, I'll be disconnected on Monday which I ignored. Then, on Tuesday, that was yesterday, they then send me a message saying I can give them the permission to use my bvn to update my sim registration. That I should text YES to 799.

Well, it was an easier option which I took.
Pls did they open your line after you replied them? Cos I got same message but am scared that it maybe scammers sending such msgs
Re: Mtn Unregistered/incomplete Sim Disconnection Ongoing by rottennaija(m): 12:05pm On Dec 03, 2015
foxgiovani:
Pls did they open your line after you replied them? Cos I got same message but am scared that it maybe scammers sending such msgs

Yes. That same morning I was blocked by when I was on my way to their office, my line was unblocked meaning that they have used my bvn to update my information

(1) (Reply)

This Part Of Mmm's Terms And Condition Got Me Thinking / How Nigerians Can Make Money From Youtube / Tin ore Available

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.