Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,704 members, 7,816,878 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:14 PM

Who Is Your Man Of God? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Is Your Man Of God? (1767 Views)

A Man Of God Called Rain Down During A Crusade. / Dr. Sign Fireman: Man Of God Or Man Of Money? (Video Documentary) / Who Is The Most Humblest Man Of God In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Is Your Man Of God? by akintoso1(m): 8:04pm On Oct 18, 2006
O.k House, if people are murmuring and complaining about the authenticity and otherwise of both Pastor T.B Joshua and Pastor Chris Ministries, then you write a topic about your own Man of God and see whether there won't be contrary views from this forum concerning him or her.Ask yourself this question, Is your Pastor or Church not among the PFN churches that organises the last BENNY HINN's crusade in Nigeria? What do they do with the over $4 million dollars that they collected for the programme? Has the matter been fully resolved?Is it even  morally right to ask a foreign minister who is being invited to your country togive money for the organisation of his crusade? What was the response of the leaders of PFN on the matter?Was E.F.C.C invited to investigate the matter How did the invited, world renowned Man of God ( BENNY HINN) reacted to the issue?, He left disappointed and promise never to come to Nigeria again, ,What an image for the country!!!

So let us not deceive ourselves, ONLY God knows those that are HIS and those that are NOT.!!!

Most submissions I read in previous related topics are baseless and I challenge everyone that think otherwise of these two Powerful and heavily anointed Men of God( PASTORS T.B & CHRIS) regarding their TEACHINGS AND MIRACLES to come out and produce original miracles, if you truly believe God has authenticated your own teachings and miracles as a Ministry.
Re: Who Is Your Man Of God? by TayoD(m): 9:53pm On Oct 18, 2006
You are so deceived!!! Since when did miracles become the yardstick forr determining the righteousness or otherwise of a Man of God?

Also, with respect to the Beny Hinn crusade, an investigation was carried out by the PFN, infact, i think 2 different investigations were done, and both indicted Bishop Obembe for his role in the whole financial mess. Of course, EFCC can go in and investigate this matter if pettisioned to do so, and they have every right to prosecute those found wanting.

And when should a less than righteous act of one Man of God or the entire PFN as a whole serve as a blanket for Christ Embassy to aid and abet a criminal?

What you are doing is what the Bible refers to as comparing yourself with others and proving yourself unwise thereby. Your standard should be Christ, and if it is below His standard, it is not of God.
Re: Who Is Your Man Of God? by akintoso1(m): 1:41am On Oct 19, 2006
@TAYOD

You are only struggling for undue prominence on this forum with your baseless submissions.Am sure everything you said in your submissions are what you need yourself.You cannot minister to me through it. So I will leave you to your conscience and thought but I think when you need one inevitable,supernatural and intervention of God in your life you will come to terms with my views.

Since you are not even bold to talk about your own Man of God, I will rather see you as a gentile or should I say - atheist! Your points on vital questions raised on this topic are unconvincable and moreover you are not able to profer responses to them but I see only diversionary thoughts in your short essay.!!
Re: Who Is Your Man Of God? by akintoso1(m): 2:20am On Oct 19, 2006
@ TAYOD

TayoD:

You are so deceived!!! Since when did miracles become the yardstick forr determining the righteousness or otherwise of a Man of God?

The Bible says" , God walk with them confirming their words with signs following, " and also it says, " these signs shall follow them that believe, ", "how God anointed Jesus Christ with power and the Holyghost who went about doing good and healing all them that were oppressed of the devil for God was with him", Halleluyah! Thank God for the gift of the Holysirit.That same spirit is walking in these two great apostles of Christ.

TayoD:
Also, with respect to the Beny Hinn crusade, an investigation was carried out by the PFN, infact, i think 2 different investigations were done, and both indicted Bishop Obembe for his role in the whole financial mess.

Has the indicted pastor been prosecutedWhat was the PFN findings??
My brother, ,better be honest with yourself, the whole show is a shame!!! Must you request money from a foreign pastor to organise crusade in your own country??absolutely shameful!!!

TayoD:
Of course, EFCC can go in and investigate this matter if pettisioned to do so, and they have every right to prosecute those found wanting.

At what time? why can't the PFN revisit this matter and invite the E.F.C.C now?

TayoD:
And when should a less than righteous act of one Man of God or the entire PFN as a whole serve as a blanket for Christ Embassy to aid and abet a criminal?

What do you think the ministry called CHRIST EMBASSY is?See the Ministry is more than a church, it's a VISION!!! We are not playing religion.We are very busy working preparing  for the second coming of our Lord Jesus.It's a vision that is unstoppable.So the question is not aiding and abbettin criminals but giving them (the criminals you said)the opportunity for repentance and forgiveness!!!

TayoD:
What you are doing is what the Bible refers to as comparing yourself with others and proving yourself unwise thereby. Your standard should be Christ, and if it is below His standard, it is not of God.

Infact that is exactly what you are doing.I don't even know whether you are being sponsored or influenced, but that cannot be the spirit of God working in you.The PFN will be in a very good position to help you out with this last statement of yours.
Re: Who Is Your Man Of God? by TV01(m): 9:18am On Oct 19, 2006
I happen to be my own man of God. I don't require a proxy, and having tasted for myself, can never be satified with a vicarious relationship with my Creator, my God & my Father.

Akintos_o, are you related to Mr. H. Mogsbottom by any chance? wink
Re: Who Is Your Man Of God? by lafile(m): 11:07am On Oct 19, 2006
what is the purpose of this topic? its like boasting with your pastor. when i talk to people i dont ask them what church they attend unless its absolutely neccesary. what has who your pastor ( i believe thats what is meant by 'your man of God') is got to do with what is right or wrong? does it mean that whatever your 'powerful' man of God does is acceptable whether its in conformity with the bible or not? the berean christians were called noble by Paul not becos they followed paul, but becos they weighed everything paul said by the scale of Gods word. comparing ourselves with ourselves is folly. that way we will not get to be whom God intends us to be.
Re: Who Is Your Man Of God? by Grouppoint(m): 9:27am On Oct 20, 2006
I agree totally with Lafille.

Furthermore May I add that the earlier postings by TayoD and Akintos, where they were trading insults on one another was very un-christianlike.

I should like to think that your 'Men of God' would have dissapproved.

Finally, I would like to add that your man of God, whoever God has placed in your life to lead you, guide you to a deeper level of understanding, is still a man. And as such, subject to same temptations as we are.
If the purpose of this thread is to lift them up for public scrutiny, thereby, inviting praise, or scorn, upon them, then we may be giving them glory, which belongs to God alone, or meting Judgment which is reserved for God alone.
Re: Who Is Your Man Of God? by TV01(m): 10:45am On Oct 20, 2006
Hi Grouppoint (interesting tag?),

Grouppoint:

Finally, I would like to add that your man of God, whoever God has placed in your life to lead you, guide you to a deeper level of understanding,

Whilst God may indeed bring specific people into your life to minister to you at various times and in different ways, He doesn't assign anyone to be responsible for "leading you" or "guiding you". Indeed, the "Sons of God are led by the Spirit of God". The whole purpose of Christian fellowship is for the edifying of the body through love. Impartation and edification can come from any member of the body. God loves His own so much, He doesn't charge "au pairs" with the reponsibility for raising His Children.

God bless
Re: Who Is Your Man Of God? by Grouppoint(m): 11:46pm On Oct 20, 2006
@TV01

Throughout the bible, you will see, especially in the new testament that God uses man to bless man.

Those who are led by the Spirit of God, these are the sons of God. But tell me, What then is the purpose of the five fold ministry?

What was apostle Paul doing with Timothy? What was he doing with all the churches in Corinth, Galatia, Ephesus, and Colosus?
I tell you that he was their man of God.

Even after you have recieved the holy spirit, there is still the need for spirit filled counsellors. Because the Spirit of God can minister through some by prophecy, healing, revelation, teaching, and evangelism.
Re: Who Is Your Man Of God? by akintoso1(m): 9:33am On Oct 21, 2006
TV01:

Akintos_o, are you related to Mr. H. Mogsbottom by any chance? wink

Nooooooooo!!!! but who is Mr.H.Mogsbottom?
Re: Who Is Your Man Of God? by Nobody: 12:14pm On Oct 21, 2006
@TV01;He doesn't assign anyone to be responsible for "leading you" or "guiding you".

Who leads the you to Christ to be d Son's of God?
The Man of God is the shephard.
What does the shephard do?

We should all be weary when we talk about the Men of God,Saul overlooked this and you know what happened.
We are all annointed after receiving it from the Holy Spirit,but it does not make us Prophets.
D bible specifically spoke about his annointed prophets.Touch not my annoited(Son's of God) and do my Prophets(Men of God) no harm.
Re: Who Is Your Man Of God? by TV01(m): 6:30pm On Oct 21, 2006
Hi Grouppoint  & Opal4real,

Thanks for responding, I'll try and answer in the one post.

Grouppoint:

Throughout the bible, you will see, especially in the new testament that God uses man to bless man.

If you read my post again, you'll see that I made that very point, twice  .

Grouppoint:

Those who are led by the Spirit of God, these are the sons of God. But tell me, What then is the purpose of the five fold ministry?

That would be better addressed in another thread, but briefly.

The Prophets announced His coming - The Apostles established the Church - The current ministry of the church is evangelism, teaching and shepherding. Essentially the first two are now redundant (Although I am not saying God cannot move in the prophetic).

Grouppoint:

What was apostle Paul doing with Timothy? What was he doing with all the churches in Corinth, Galatia, Ephesus, and Colosus? I tell you that he was their man of God.

No he wasn't. He was a more mature Christian edifying and imparting to them (remembering that he had a specific one time ministry, never to be repeated. He essentially "set the ball rolling" in churching the gentiles. Once begun another of his type is no longer needed.

Grouppoint:

Even after you have recieved the holy spirit, there is still the need for spirit filled counsellors. Because the Spirit of God can minister through some by prophecy, healing, revelation, teaching, and evangelism.

Please read my post again. I sure I used the words edify and impart, possibly minister also. These things are not restricted to a certain "anointed" member of the body. Anyone who fulfils the biblical criteria can minister.

opal4real:

Who leads the you to Christ to be d Son's of God?
The Man of God is the shephard.
What does the shephard do?

Eeerrrr? That would be the Holy Spirit.
It's pretty obvious why many run helter skelter seeking a word, a prophecy etc. The reliance is on man and not God. Utterly disdaining the ministry of the Holy Spirit. I repeat, "The Sons of God are led by the Spirit of God". Try cultivating the relationship for yourself. The mediatory priesthood of men is so Old Testament.

opal4real:

We are all annointed after receiving it from the Holy Spirit,but it does not make us Prophets.
D bible specifically spoke about his annointed prophets.Touch not my annoited(Son's of God) and do my Prophets(Men of God) no harm.

I'm glad you realise we are all anointed.
Prophets are redundant. The anointing speaks to the prophetic in any believer.
Again, blinkered OT understanding.

God bless.
Re: Who Is Your Man Of God? by Grouppoint(m): 4:57pm On Oct 22, 2006
@TV01,
Paul referred to Timothy as his son in the lord.
John did the same.
The Church of Jerusalem regarded James as their Man of God.
Tell me, how did Paul regard his work in these churches as a one time task, and yet, you read 1st letter to the Corinthians, 2nd letter, 2 thesalonians, 2 timothy, You have 1 John, 2 John, 3 john.
I tell you that whosoever was being frequently ministered to at the time, must of a necessity, regard these apostles as their man of God.

Furthermore, you, TV01 may be my 'man of God' (A man sent to me from God), If we find that many of my spiritual questions are easily made clearer to me, when you the explanation is coming from you.

I dont believe that God expects everyone to leave their daily vocation and dedicate the same level of time and resources to the word as is expected of pastors and preachers. Again, I ask' what is the purpose of the five fold ministry idf their is no more relevance of men of God?
Re: Who Is Your Man Of God? by TV01(m): 12:37pm On Oct 23, 2006
Hello Sir,

Grouppoint:

@TV01,
Paul referred to Timothy as his son in the lord.
John did the same.

So? Does that make it a doctrine?
The Lord said to call no one father (except our Father in Heaven).
Was he speaking of earthly fathers?

Grouppoint:

The Church of Jerusalem regarded James as their Man of God.

No they didn't . They esteemed him as a mature Christian. Amongst other mature Christians I might add.

Grouppoint:

Tell me, how did Paul regard his work in these churches as a one time task, and yet, you read 1st letter to the Corinthians, 2nd letter, 2 thesalonians, 2 timothy, You have 1 John, 2 John, 3 john.
I tell you that whosoever was being frequently ministered to at the time, must of a necessity, regard these apostles as their man of God.

Paul was personally dispatched by the Lord to introduce/establish the Church to the gentiles. Once founded, it is self-perpetuating no Apostles requied, only Elders and deacons. The current style "pastor" mandate as popularly employed, is not God given, but man-made. Pastor/Elder/Bishop/Shepherd/Presbyter/ etc etc are all interchangeable and different renderings of the one role (best filled by the Mature - "Elders"wink.

Grouppoint:

I don't believe that God expects everyone to leave their daily vocation and dedicate the same level of time and resources to the word as is expected of pastors and preachers. Again, I ask' what is the purpose of the five fold ministry idf their is no more relevance of men of God?

I don't believe God expects anyone to leave their daily vocation (with the possible exception of far-flung missionaries). Every man is expected to work and provide for his family first. Eldership duties are in addition to this. That is why there are expected to be a plurality of elders to share the burden, and hence the double honour (not cash money) in recognition of the additional labour for the body in this way. Eldership is not a paid job. But seeing as how lucrative being a "Pastor" can be, many are making the career switch. grin

One last thing, Timothy was called a "man of God" by Paul. What would that suggest to you sir?

God bless
Re: Who Is Your Man Of God? by lafile(m): 2:44pm On Oct 26, 2006
maybe we should get a definition of the term " Man of God" first before we get into more discussions. it seems we all have different definitions of the term.
Re: Who Is Your Man Of God? by TV01(m): 3:16pm On Oct 27, 2006
lafile:

maybe we should get a definition of the term " Man of God" first before we get into more discussions. it seems we all have different definitions of the term.

That's an idea.
But in some ways this whole exercise is a mute point.

The current day usage of the term "MOG" is not an idea or a concept to be found in the scriptures. It's little more than Jargon.

It does however speak to underlying issues with church structure and the proper application of Biblical truths.

God bless
Re: Who Is Your Man Of God? by mekoyo(m): 4:07pm On Oct 27, 2006
Nice talk lafile. Christianity is not about pastor, man of God or whatever. Let us face the true fact, y boosting about your pastor? is that going to take you to heaven? we are in the last days we just have to be careful nd not live a careless life.
Christ is coming soon. there are many false prophet around now so we have to WATCH and PRAY
Re: Who Is Your Man Of God? by poweredcom(m): 2:57am On Dec 25, 2010
Nobody Nobody rubbish thread, Ok, 98PERCENT OF THEM are con artist
Re: Who Is Your Man Of God? by InesQor(m): 4:08am On Dec 25, 2010

Na wa o. See question.

You no get mirror for house?
Re: Who Is Your Man Of God? by Osama10(m): 4:18am On Dec 25, 2010
Nothing like man of God.

I pray directly to God and the only mediator is Jesus Christ.
Re: Who Is Your Man Of God? by xgel: 6:11am On Dec 25, 2010
Jesus is the only mediator between man and God;but there are also chosen men of God in our time who are touch bearers.
Re: Who Is Your Man Of God? by Joagbaje(m): 7:52am On Dec 25, 2010
Everybody is avoiding the question. If you say something is fake, you should be able to recommend an original .

poweredcom:

Nobody Nobody rubbish thread, Ok, 98PERCENT OF THEM are con artist

Mention the names of the 2 percent. grin. Or are you saying there I'd no single man if God here in Nigeria? That will be sucidal. A nation without a prophet is doomed.

Luke 13:33
33 it cannot be that a prophet perish out of Jerusalem. 
Re: Who Is Your Man Of God? by toorich: 9:36pm On Dec 25, 2010
Who you listen to matters a lot. When your pastor has as much passion for the things of the spirit, he will not only see and do the miraculous but also teach you to respect men of God that have supernatural results in their ministry.Jesus said no man can perform these works accept it be given him of my father above. Its ok not not believe in these men of God and miracle BUT I bet u one day u would need one.

(1) (Reply)

What Does The Year 3000 Look Like? / Bishop Oyedepo Faces N2 Billion Lawsuit For Assaulting Female Church Member / The Horrible Truth About Religion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.