Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,733 members, 7,817,017 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:06 PM

FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread (35523 Views)

2 Titles Ranking For The Confederations Cup? / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (59) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by bawomolo(m): 8:04pm On Jun 15, 2009
Cristalz:

Swimming, running, gymnastics, beach volley. . .anything but football. Not their thing. grin

What??!! A straight red? Why??

they actually play decent football. the MLS is gradually improving.

that isn't a red card. just a yello.
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by MrCrackles(m): 8:04pm On Jun 15, 2009
Clark sent off! shocked shocked shocked shocked
JOKES!
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by MrCrackles(m): 8:04pm On Jun 15, 2009
bawomolo:

they actually play decent football. the MLS is gradually improving.

that isn't a red card. just a yello.

I agree, Yanks play some decent football to be fair!
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by aieromon(m): 8:05pm On Jun 15, 2009
Italy,you now have a one-man advantage.try make use of am abeg.
Red card wasn't worth it,,,,,to harsh
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by Cristalz(f): 8:05pm On Jun 15, 2009
I said it.  .  .the dude didn't even know how to make a proper tackle. . .went after Gattuso like he was trying to hack down a thick christmas tree for the wife. But still, he shoulda gotten a yellow for that, not a red.
Now that it's 10-11 FBS will start supporting the US. grin

@bawomolo
I know, right? But the over-zealous ref gave a red.
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by Sauron1: 8:06pm On Jun 15, 2009
aieromon:

@Sauron v Mukina2
Sorry,am not interested in a party.
Don't bother takin' jabs at me---am just focused on the issues of this thread.U guys have other threads to eat pubic hair and make fun of each other.
Am just sayin'.'.,'lol
Now back to the Italy.US match!

You are a slowpoke.
If you are focused on the issues of the thread, u won't mention me name.
Now go have a decent self-service as usual.
Anuofia!!!
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by MrCrackles(m): 8:08pm On Jun 15, 2009
Italy is pressing!. . . .Where is Brian McBride?
One of the finest traditional strikers the Premiership has seen over the last few years!! cheesy
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by Cristalz(f): 8:09pm On Jun 15, 2009
GOAL BAYBEE!! grin

Aw, goal canceled? Damn.
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by MrCrackles(m): 8:09pm On Jun 15, 2009
Penalty!! shocked

YAAAAAYYYY

Landon Donovan
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by Cristalz(f): 8:10pm On Jun 15, 2009
And the ref points to the spot!
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by Sauron1: 8:10pm On Jun 15, 2009
That's a penalty!!!

USA leads.

Landon Donovan strikes!!!
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by Nobody: 8:11pm On Jun 15, 2009
only the refree knows how that is not a red card?
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by lalaboi(m): 8:11pm On Jun 15, 2009
Cheilini shoulda been carded atleast . . . .ref dey do ojoro oh
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by MrCrackles(m): 8:11pm On Jun 15, 2009
Gooch Onyewu is pretty good i must say
Wonder why he was a pile of self-service at Newcastle last year!
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by MrCrackles(m): 8:12pm On Jun 15, 2009
What a stinger by M'gladbach's golden boy, BRADLEY cheesy
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by Cristalz(f): 8:14pm On Jun 15, 2009
Guess the only way they can score is through a penalty. grin

Come on, Italy! We can do this. cool
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by aieromon(m): 8:14pm On Jun 15, 2009
Goal.
Is Buffon alright?dis the second time he's mishandling the ball
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by FBS: 8:15pm On Jun 15, 2009
Its the USA baybee. . .

@crizzle, remember NZ almost beat Italy some couple of days ago. Thanks to a quickfire double from Iquinta they avoided defeat.
Can the USA do it?
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by MrCrackles(m): 8:16pm On Jun 15, 2009
aieromon:

Goal.
Is Buffon alright?dis the second time he's mishandling the ball

You dont mishandle a stinger, hence why it is a stinger!
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by biolabee(m): 8:16pm On Jun 15, 2009
nice move by altidore gettin the pen but he shd be careful, dissent
italy playing the same ol style just there but cld be potent when it matters
i hope us do not regret not taking their 2 chances
nice shot by bradley
gunners in the house, oguchi is 6ft5 why cant AW bring hin in from belgium
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by Nobody: 8:17pm On Jun 15, 2009
there were only 2 options

1. Give a penalty and send off chielini
2. Give a free kick against USA and book the American

Only the refree knows how he could award a penalty without sending off chielini
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by Cristalz(f): 8:18pm On Jun 15, 2009
FBS:

Its the USA baybee. . .

@crizzle, remember NZ almost beat Italy some couple of days ago. Thanks to a quickfire double from Iquinta they avoided defeat.
Can the USA do it?

I just knew you would cheer the white boys on the second they went one down. grin

I'm still with the dark boys with great hair. grin How can Italy let the USA beat them? A team that's got Gattuso, Pirlo, Zambrotta and the rest of 'em lasagna-sounding names?
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by MrCrackles(m): 8:19pm On Jun 15, 2009
Halftime
Wrong sending off Ricardo Clark
Wrong not booking G Chiellini
The referee is a poof
Onyewu and Jay Demerit have both been rocksolid
Italy have had some decent chances
Bradley and Altidore have pressed
Italy's forward line look harmless at the moment
At the end of the day, my yank boys are buzzing!!! grin cheesy
Cmon USA, ya bastards!!!

See ya all 2nd Half! cheesy
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by FBS: 8:20pm On Jun 15, 2009
lalaboi:

Cheilini shoulda been carded atleast . . . .ref dey do ojoro oh
exactly.
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by Nobody: 8:20pm On Jun 15, 2009
where is Luca Toni?
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by Cristalz(f): 8:22pm On Jun 15, 2009
mikeansy:

where is Luca Toni?

Swine flu. grin

The ref needs to get his act together before he messes the game up completely. I still can't fathom how that was a straight red.
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by bagoma(f): 8:23pm On Jun 15, 2009
what a woeful display by the italians so far!
total rubbish!!!
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by MrCrackles(m): 8:24pm On Jun 15, 2009
bagoma:

total rubbish!!!

BAGOMAAAAA shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked grin cheesy
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by FBS: 8:25pm On Jun 15, 2009
Cristalz:

I just knew you would cheer the white boys on the second they went one down. grin

I'm still with the dark boys with great hair. grin How can Italy let the USA beat them? A team that's got Gattuso, Pirlo, Zambrotta and the rest of 'em lasagna-sounding names?
he he. . .The only player I admire is Gattuso but it seems he took too much lasagna today grin
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by bagoma(f): 8:27pm On Jun 15, 2009
Hi Brash,
grin grin grin grin grin how are you doing?
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by Nobody: 8:27pm On Jun 15, 2009
the ref is all over the place
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by Sauron1: 8:27pm On Jun 15, 2009
bagoma:

total rubbish!!!

BAGOMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (59) (Reply)

Arsenal Vs Tottenham Hotspur (2 - 2) On 1st September 2019 / Which Club Has D Highest Fans In D World / Leicester City Vs Chelsea (2 - 0) On 19th January 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.