Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,748 members, 7,809,863 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:13 PM

FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (59) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread (35416 Views)

2 Titles Ranking For The Confederations Cup? / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (56) (57) (58) (59) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by mukina2: 3:04pm On Jul 06, 2009
Stay at home and watch grin

let them fill up the stadiums cheesy
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by RSA(m): 3:10pm On Jul 06, 2009
We don't mind doing that tongue

Mukina you're just a hater tongue

Shame on you tongue
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by mukina2: 3:15pm On Jul 06, 2009
na am not hating tongue

am protecting people from the vuvuselas tongue
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by yoruba: 3:16pm On Jul 06, 2009
People gonna get killed, robbed, raped etc. (Im afraid just thinkin about it)
Ill be honest, I considered coming to that country but then again the reality is shocking
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by RSA(m): 9:14am On Jul 07, 2009
yoruba:

People gonna get killed, robbed, raped etc. (Im afraid just thinkin about it)
Ill be honest, I considered coming to that country but then again the reality is shocking

My brotha people get killed,robbed and raped also in Nigeria as we speak,stop acting all holy holy.

Did you know that during the Confederation cup and the British lion tour in South Africa,when prostitutes stole money from Egyptians players in in their hotel and couple of british fans where robbed,a captain of Bayelsa Football team was shot dead in Nigeria?
And during that time there was also armed robery in a hotel where some of your local team was staying.I will get you the links if you're interested.

And I'm only mentioning this stories cause they are football related,my point is crime is everywhere.
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by yoruba: 9:54am On Jul 07, 2009
Be honest, If Im walking in the in streets of Hillbrow Im likely to get killed than any other place in the world. Its all about having a safe event(world cup) regardless, I would like to go there but the crime stats are shocking.
Did you know that during the Confederation cup and the British lion tour in South Africa,when prostitutes stole money from Egyptians players in in their hotel and couple of british fans where robbed,a captain of Bayelsa Football team was shot dead in Nigeria?
And during that time there was also armed robery in a hotel where some of your local team was staying.I will get you the links if you're interested.
Dont try to compare SA and Nigeria because Nigeria is not hosting the world cup. Besides SA is one of the leading nations in crime stats
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by RSA(m): 10:25am On Jul 07, 2009
yoruba:

Be honest, If Im walking in the in streets of Hillbrow Im likely to get killed than any other place in the world. Its all about having a safe event(world cup) regardless, I would like to go there but the crime stats are shocking.Dont try to compare SA and Nigeria because Nigeria is not hosting the world cup. Besides SA is one of the leading nations in crime stats

You're are right about hillbrow,and it's just a coincidence that majority of people in hillbrow are Nigerians,it's a crime infested part of joburg where drug dealing,prostitutions,robberies and other crimes are high.I have not set my foot in that part of the world in 15 years.Atleast I hear that the goverment is cleaning it up,good luck to them.

Regarding Crime Stats?Yes we should compare, Can you at this moment give me crime stats of your country? Cause I can give you mine.Look my advise to you is to sit at home and watch on TV,its not a bad thing,2 billion people do that every fou years,you're not alone.Stop comming with lame excuses.And beside you need a tickets to watch games and clearely you dont have one currently
Adios senora
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by folem: 10:59am On Jul 07, 2009
RSA:

http://www.sundayworld.co.za/News/Article.aspx?id=1028727

Oops, we boobed – sorry

Our June 21 story about five Egyptian players inviting prostitutes to their hotel room has come back to bite us in the bum.

Our well placed sources, who swore to provide evidence supporting their allegations, have since failed to stand by the information they gave us.

Our sources include highly placed soccer officials, a senior police officer, hotel staff and a politician.

Since publication of the story, we have been flooded with e-mails from Egyptian fans disputing the story and demanding an apology.

We took this long to act because, until now, we felt certain we had first-hand witnesses. It is not clear to us if they are scared to speak out, or if they simply lied to us. One even told us of video footage in the possession of a cabinet minister, which could not be released, but which he had seen.

But then, Sunday World is big enough to say we have boobed, when we have, and this time we say so.

We therefore apologise to the Egyptian team and the Egyptian people for the embarrassment the story might have caused them.
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by mzansigirl(f): 5:35pm On Jul 07, 2009
@ yoruba
Dude its amazing how easily u got swayed there. a few posts back u were supporting SA hosting the cup, now all of a sudden u shaking in your boots thinking of the crime??
The cup is unlikely to go without a few negative incidents, but we will do an overall good job like we did with the confed, Sindia premier cricket tournament and many other international events.
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by yoruba: 7:08am On Jul 08, 2009
@Mzansi
I understand you are confused now, I support the world cup because it is the biggest thing to happen in africa(for that I feel proud of your country). But sometimes Im reminded of how dangerous it is to walk on the streets even today I mite get killed there, the fact is it is scary there especially last year. So now do you blame me for being scared?
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by DeSpike: 3:59pm On Jul 08, 2009
"THEY DON'T CARE ABOUT US" MJ MEMORIAL REMIX.
MICHAEL JACKSON FANS FREE MP3 DOWNLOAD
http://djonathandavids.podomatic.com/
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by malaika(f): 2:58pm On Jul 09, 2009
::
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by mukina2: 4:28pm On Jul 09, 2009
malaika:

RSA, why do u even bother yourself. Right now tickets for the 2010 final and both semi-finals are sold out and I'm sure quarter-final tickets are also close to being sold out, hotels are already fully booked, which means that there are people out there who recognise that a FIFA world cup is one of those events one must attend at leat once in their lifetime especially if its on your continent. The rest, instead of admitting that they simply cannot afford to attend, sit behind computer screens and scream anti-SA slogans. I must say it's good to be South African right now cheesy grin cheesy grin

Safety first my dear cheesy keep your vuvusela and your xenophobia to yourselves. we value our lives cheesy
at least you can steal/kill and deal with yourselves. nothing spoil. its Sa Vs Sa cheesy cheesy
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by MrCrackles(m): 4:30pm On Jul 09, 2009
Competition don finish tey tey. . . . .You guys are still at it?
Na wa oooo. . . . . . grin
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by malaika(f): 8:01pm On Jul 09, 2009
::
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by yoruba: 6:54am On Jul 10, 2009
malaika:

okay Mukina cheesy cheesy somehow this seems to be the best answer for you becoz u sound like a broken record already, vuvusela, xenophobia, vuvusela, xenophobia, at least be creative while you're at it tongue and by the way you sound way more xenophobic than any south african I know

I heard that the stadium builders are on strike, apparently in Cape Town they have turned violent. Its the violent nature of the poor class that Im afraid of, because seemingly violence is everywhere whenever they strike ie. xenophobic strikes last year, taxi drivers strike, service delivery strikes in poor areas etc. Violence is a common thing in SA since the 1980s which is why I dont wanna be another statistic in their victim list.
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by mukina2: 11:35am On Jul 10, 2009
Malaika. please read these parts grin grin grin

yoruba:

I heard that the stadium builders are on strike, apparently in Cape Town they have turned violent. Its the violent nature of the poor class that Im afraid of, because seemingly violence is everywhere whenever they strike ie. xenophobic strikes last year, taxi drivers strike, service delivery strikes in poor areas etc. Violence is a common thing in SA since the 1980s which is why I dont wanna be another statistic in their victim list.
dude lwkmd,statistic in their victim list grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by 14(m): 4:49am On Jul 23, 2009
yes, the confed cup is over, Brazil are the Champs, now its time to focus on the real thing now 2010 World Cup in SA. Africa must just show case their talent on and off the field. Its about time now that success and excelent will be mentioned in one sentence about africa.

(1) (2) (3) ... (56) (57) (58) (59) (Reply)

Tottenham Hotspur Vs Bayern Munich :UCL (2 - 7) On 1st October 2019 / Arsenal Vs Tottenham Hotspur (2 - 2) On 1st September 2019 / Leicester City Vs Chelsea (2 - 0) On 19th January 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.