Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,324 members, 7,815,632 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:41 PM

"... CHRONICLES OF FASIU ..." - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / "... CHRONICLES OF FASIU ..." (1185 Views)

The Romantic Chronicles Of Badoh / Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction / MARVEL CHRONICLES (science Fiction) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"... CHRONICLES OF FASIU ..." by fretfingers: 5:10pm On Dec 02, 2015
Hum....

This lil piece is based on fiction, violence, thuggery and other aspect of human life.

I hope you all will be able to relate to it as you deem fit.

AUTHOR ::: fretfingers
All Rights Reserved
Copyright (c) 2015, by fretfingers.

***Chronicles Of Fasiu***
Re: "... CHRONICLES OF FASIU ..." by fretfingers: 5:12pm On Dec 02, 2015
I can see and hear the birds smiling and singing to the glory of the happy brightly shining sun. The trees - waving and dancing concurrently to the winds instructions.

Large, medium and small creatures; land, air and sea; male, female and heamaphrodite; wild and domestic; kings and 'kingress'; Preys and Predators- shaking hands and bum; young and old - pouring one another a glass of 'Ciroc' as they cheered and marvelled to the merriment the vocalist had initiated, and to the stunt showcased by the Ape-family', the jumpers, the Dolphins, the Squirrels, the Wood Peckers and the flying serpent. While others do what they do best.

Each one of these creatures complemented the other and fore-gone their territorial urge and differences.

'Oh! What an eight wonder!' I exclaimed with a reflex! Then I closed my eyes to focus more on the spirit elevating lyrics of the sopranos.

Suddenly, the singing stopped! The cheering had rescinded! At first, the wind; had stopped lecturing the trees - then it began to murmur, giving a confused shallow echo sound and relocating the dried leaves on the ground- which responded reluctantly with a combo of fast and slow momentum.

Not that I saw it-because my eyes were still closed. But I felt it! I felt a white cloud; wearing a grieved smile and a mourning garment -hovering over me. I felt the tan from the sun being replaced by a subtle pan from a moody lonely lunar. I felt the cute singing birds giving way unwillingly at the arrival of a larger 'kind'. The kind with big round yet bulgy eyes-that do not blink and a neck that turns 360 degrees.

By Now, my heart had began to race like it was promised a life with 72 virgins in eternity if and only if it got out through my mouth. I encouraged myself. I had to! I needed to see, I needed to open my eyes, I needed to know what beget the horror I felt.

Eventually, I won the courage battle and opened my eyes. Although I was confused to find myself alone but I was glad the horror had been unreal. 'Phew!' I exhaled with a whisper tone.

Ten seconds later, I began to hear faint footsteps marching towards me. Then the tempo increased. It was as if the Commander of a million battalion had instructed - "Attack!"

With my heart doing the thinking, I took to my heels. Running towards my 12 O'clock since the sound I heard was coming from the opposite direction.

By now, I was already racing 'Vin Diesel' to the finish line and had turned back a few times to catch a glimpse of my chasers, yet I saw no one. What followed after my last glimpse was a somersaulting me. I ran into a pot hole on the road unprepared.

"Aaaaaaaa!" I rolled helplessly about 3times before landing my back on the stem of a tree by the road side.

As my vision moved from 'blur to clear'. I saw a group of men-young men, 20, 30 I wouldn't know. Some held cutlasses, others had guns and spite written all over their faces.

One moved closer to me; where I was lying helplessly in pain trying to catch a breathe. He must be their leader, I concluded within. He looked like one. He was about 6ft 1. He wore a grey coloured singlet, a cut-out blue-black jean and a brown timberland footwear- the type that could no longer hide atleast 2years of wear.

He was of an average muscular built. Although he was as black as the 12am sky void the moon and the stars yet you could see his veins as he held a cutlass with his left hand.

"U bin reason am say u sabi run... U be 'Usain Bolt'- we no go catch u abi?!" He asked rhetorically.

I tried to make out who he was but the rays from the sun blocked out my view. He was from my perspective, backing the sun. While, I was struggling to fully open my eyes.

"But u forget say - one day d bush meat go catch d hunter!" He chuckled loudly.

I couldn't protest or say anything. The run and the fall had drained almost all the energy I had.

He continued. "Oya no time!... go meet ur ancestors".

Then he raised his left hand up- the sun gave the cutlass a sparkle. Seeing this, I knew that was my last view of the world.

Immediately, I said the Lords prayer the first time after 15yrs. I couldn't really say all the words but I made sure to say the part, 'forgive me my trespasses'.

What followed was a millisecond view of how his left hand descended towards my neck with the aim of separating my head from my body.
Re: "... CHRONICLES OF FASIU ..." by fretfingers: 6:07pm On Dec 02, 2015

*** A tap on my right shoulder caused me to snap out of the flashback. It was actually a dream; a nightmare - I have been plague with for 3yrs straight. Yet I hadn't been able to make any meaning to it. ***

"Olori, kilo hapun... Baba kilode?" Skonto asked.

"I don dey call u tey tey na... u no ansa.. Wetin cause the deep tot?" He inquired again and paused for about 5secs.

Seeing my indifferent attitude, he continued...

"Anyways no lele. Saula don call oo. He say make we show for background dis night oo...ehen ehen"...

"Yes, yes... Dis night. I no forget" I replied and exhaled.

"Shey Buruku and Mosquito don prepare d tools for tonight?" I asked.

"Yeske.. Baba.... saidat tested! sophiat tested! Kosi pressure!" Skonto replied with a happy tone.

**saidat and sophiat were nicknames we adopted for Cutlass and Guns respectively**

"And boss, I need you to get up, take a shower and come outside. We are already playing the game without you and you know how shitty I get when it comes to card games. Especially when there is cheddar involved na. Dendo and Mikolo don dry my pocket finish oo.. Abeg con save me na.

Moreover Osaro don help u mould the size u like (he was talking about marijuana)..." He teased then continued..

"So make sure u turn up in about 15mins. Okay!" Skonto instructed politely with a British accent as he walked out leaving me in the living room.

**smiles**

I had always loved the way he fakes the British accent. He had always fancied the idea of relocating to London before celebrating his 25th birthday.

"Isorite... Kosi pressure..." I replied and headed for the bathroom.
Re: "... CHRONICLES OF FASIU ..." by fretfingers: 4:38pm On Dec 03, 2015
Adewale Desmond Adebimpe a.k.a 'Skonto', was a guy you could refer to as 'every womans dream'. He was good looking, tall, funny, not an 'all-sufficient' smart guy, but he had little knowledge of almost everything and anything. He could jump into a conversation about how 'Sango became Thor' OR how 'an Ant became the king of Sambisa' and you would think he was right. He had the 'master of persuasion' skill and that got him into every girls 'honey comb'. Moreover, he always had enough money to do the basic things to convince a 'coochie'.

Skonto was the first son, second child of a family of 2girls and 2boys. He had a younger brother championing the last born spot. Desmond wasn't from a rich background neither were his parent poor. They lived in a one bedroom flat at one of the numerous federal low cost housing estate project the then president, Shehu Shagari had commissioned. ***which Skontos dad later extended to a 2bedroom flat***

They ate 3square meals, drank juice every saturday morning before and during breakfast. His younger brother and his two sisters attended the same 'private-public school'- the type where the yoruba student spoke 'yoruba-english', the igbo's spoke 'igbo-english' and so on. Although Skonto had attended a govt public school, he didn't care. Afterall they all spoke the same yoruba-english at home.

His dad worked as an engineer at the Amusement Park- where parent took their kids to celebrate most times during easter and december. He was neither a drinker or a smoker but he loved women. His promiscuous statistics could relegate that of 3king solomons. He was hercules in bed owning a 9incher that could bore a hole from Damascus through Babylon to Sodom and Gomorrah. And since most women loved the idea of "pleasure and a spice of pain", 'baba Wale' was always number one on their sex hitlist.

Skonto's mom was the local tax collector at the Iyana Ipaja market. She was tall, about 5ft 11 and weighd 90kg. That made her a perfect bully. She would at every night collect 200naira and 500naira from every market woman or man regardless of what they sold. Those that refused to pay would find their market thrown away or seized by the boys that worked for her. 'iya Iberu' **fearful lady** as she was popularly known, gave back whatever her boys had seized if and only if the owner had paid up their dues.

Skonto had just turn twelve when his mom decided she could no longer stay with his dad. She had caught him sleeping with other women on several occassions but he would later plead with her saying it was the Devil. She would ask him "when did Devil grow a p.enis or c.unt?". But he wouldnt answer her, rather he would sing her tribal Eulogy like;

"Ajoke mi, egungun iha mi (my missing rib), ojukan ere ojukan epa (my special irreplaceable love), eleyin funfun bi kooro ishin"

and she would eventually forgive him.

But the last time she caught him and decided to quit the marriage, was not because he had cheated on her again. It was actually because the lady Skonto's dad had slept with, didnt only had sex with him, she also gave his wife-'Iya Iberu' **fearful lady** the beating of her life.

You see, Iya Wale was known to be a bully and no one had dared to dare her in the Alimosho area where she lived with her husband. Hence, the thought of living in the same area where she wasnt only cheated on matrimonial-wise but was also properly dealt with by her hubbys 5ft 4 skinny concubine: it was like 'david chewed golaith' - that, she couldn't handle and since infidelity was a good excuse, she opened the divorce door, took her 3kids with her and banged the door behind her, while Skonto stayed behind with his dad.
Re: "... CHRONICLES OF FASIU ..." by fretfingers: 1:02pm On Jan 04, 2016
Hi All,

Merry xmas in arrears and a happy new year to you. God bless you. God bless me. God bless our great country Nigeria!

I am so sorry about delay in update. My PC developed a problem last year and its quite hard updating with my phone. However, I promise to update soon. So just continue to check for updates...

Regards
Re: "... CHRONICLES OF FASIU ..." by Randyblincks(m): 2:22pm On Feb 28, 2016
Hope Skonto won't follow his Dad's steps... But the man 'Thing' long oh.

Boss Fretfingers, just update with your phone, not that am wicked. Though i can't compare your write -up with mine, beacuse you tight pass skin tight. Me na washed buttens Asha 200 wae i dae use yet i still dae update one or two things.

Ride on, Sir.

(1) (Reply)

The Chief's Daughter (A Story Of Abuse) / Between Jet Li And Jackie Chan Who Is/was A Better Actor And Realistic? / Poem ;comment And Criticism Is Allow

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.