Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,084 members, 7,821,742 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:42 PM

What i saw On Ipad's Ibook Store (pics) - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / What i saw On Ipad's Ibook Store (pics) (1026 Views)

Leboku Festival What I Saw....you Need To See This / Leboku Festival What I Saw....you Need To See This / Masquerade) I Saw In Igbogila, Ogun State,nigeria. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What i saw On Ipad's Ibook Store (pics) by gragraboy: 11:26pm On Dec 02, 2015
So i was trying to see if i could purchase Chimamanda Adichie's book; Half of a yellow sun on ipad ibooks. to my surprise the search came back with no results found for the book.

Re: What i saw On Ipad's Ibook Store (pics) by gragraboy: 11:27pm On Dec 02, 2015
So i googled the book and ibooks was listed in the search. Now when i clicked on it i saw this message saying the book is not available in the Nigerian store but it available in the U.S store.

Re: What i saw On Ipad's Ibook Store (pics) by gragraboy: 11:28pm On Dec 02, 2015
When i switched to the U.S store i saw the book but i couldn't buy it because i was registered with a Nigerian account.

Re: What i saw On Ipad's Ibook Store (pics) by gragraboy: 11:29pm On Dec 02, 2015
Another Observation i made was that the U.S Store had more current books

Re: What i saw On Ipad's Ibook Store (pics) by gragraboy: 11:30pm On Dec 02, 2015
while the Nigerian Store had books from 1857 and 1883 and I could not find any books from Nigerian authors in the Nigerian store! I don’t understand this type of discrimination?!

(1) (Reply)

What Do You Think About Superstitious Beliefs? / OONI Of Ife At Ilode Eid Ground Ile Ife (photo) / Ijaws Fighting Over Edo Land

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.