Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,834 members, 7,820,916 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:40 AM

My Daughter's Luck - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / My Daughter's Luck (1746 Views)

Not Sure How To Teach My Daughter: U For Unacceptable, V For Vague, W For Woman / I'm Going To Write A Book. Wish Me Luck. / My Son &my Daughter.......short Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Daughter's Luck by ifycelebrity(f): 3:54pm On Dec 03, 2015
Hello beautiful people. My name is Ifeoma Ugwu-Ukala and I am a Nollywood actress. I have acted over twenty movies, the most popular being "OGBANJE" where I played alongside Adoikiye as an accolyte from the underworld. My character name was "Onome" and the film was produced by Nwolu Media and released this year. In the course of my carreer which has spanned about six years now, I have worked with notable Nollywood directors and producers, including, Earnest Obi, Ifeanyi Azodo, Tchidi Chikere, to mention just a few.

Now, I got married to my sweetheart two months ago and we are still on honeymoon. My husband is a Nairalander and he introduced me. My husband is also an upcoming Nollywood producer/director. He has also asked me to try my hands on scripting and that is why I am here today. I have written a Nollywood script and I want to share it here first. Read it and tell me what you think.

Re: My Daughter's Luck by ifycelebrity(f): 5:02pm On Dec 03, 2015
SCENE 1. DAY. EXT. LOCATION. ROAD.
XTERS. OKEY AND VILLAGE PEOPLE

Camera opens on a dusty village road. Okey is seen riding his okada bike very fast down the road. He is in a hurry because he is late to open the shop. He nearly hits some people on the road. They shout at him and he shouts back at them to leave the road. There is chaos on the road. Cut to:

SCENE 1B. DAY. INT. LOCATION. OGE?S SHOP. XTERS. OKEY, OGE, IFENYIWWA AND CUSTOMERS.

We see the row of shops in the village market. They are a row of lock up stalls. Customers are going in to the shops and coming out with their goods. One particular shop seems to be selling more than others. That is Oge?s shop. One other shop is closed and people are walking past it. This one is Okey?s shop. Okey arrives the market stalls and hurriedly disembarks from his bike. He packs his bike well and walks towards Oge?s shop. Camera zooms in and cross fades to establish the interior of the shop.

Okey: My love, how are you?
Oge: Oh, okey, obim, ututu oma. My love. I am fine. Kedu ka imere?
Okey: I am fine dear. Ututu oma. I can see. business is good already this morning.
Oge: We thank God. But why are you just coming to the market this morning? You have missed a lot of business in the early morning rush.
Okey: My love, is it not the stupid plug of that foolish okada that refused to work this morning? I managed to clean it and I used it here.
Oge: Thank God. I was beginning to get worried. I would have come to look for you at home. Maka chukwu.
Okey: You are such a lovely lady, and I am a lucky guy.
Oge: (She blushes). So go and open your shop this morning. So, you can sell a little before the morning rush hour closes.
Okey: Okay, my love. You don't have to tell me twice. How is your friend Ifeyinwa?
Oge: She is fine. Here she is serf.

Ifeyinwa enters the shop just as Okey is about to leave. She sees Okey and greets him. He responds to her.

Okey: Let me go and open my shop.
Oge: We will see later love.
Okey: Bye.

Ifeyinwa and Oge exchange knowing looks. Ifeyinwa wags her finger at Oge and they both laugh. Fade.
Re: My Daughter's Luck by ifycelebrity(f): 5:55pm On Dec 03, 2015
Thank you guys for reading. Muah.
Re: My Daughter's Luck by ifycelebrity(f): 7:49am On Dec 04, 2015
We are trending on Nairaland! More updates at twelve pm today. Stay tuned. This is a family story. Must read.
Re: My Daughter's Luck by ifycelebrity(f): 12:19pm On Dec 04, 2015
SCENE 2. NIGHT. INT. LOCATION. OGE’S SHOP. XTERS. OKEY AND OGE.

Okey and Oge are discussing after the day’s work. While Oge is chatty, Okey wears a worrid look.Oge notices his sad look.

Oge: So, Okey my love, how was the market today? You seem very moody. What is the matter?
Okey: Oge , my love, today was not very good o. I didn’t sell anything useful today. Even the little thing I sold, this union people came to collect their dues today by force. I had to give them everything I sold.
Oge: Obim, don’t worry, things will be better.
Okey: The only person of caliber who walked up to my shop came to ask for directions to Chimezie’s shop.
Oge: Maybe when you get some more money, you will be able to upgrade your business like my aunty. I will help you sell it all, and I will even give you contacts of all the important traders my aunty buys from.
Okey: Hmm. I pray o. I think so. Because the man I am buying from, his products are not moving in this town at all.
Oge: You are right. You need to change your supplier.

Both of them reflect on the problem for a minute before Oge continues.

Oge:Obim, you know I love you and our people say that "where a child gets his mouth oily, that's where he hangs out," that's why I want to be with you always.
Okey: I love you too. but come to think of it, love, I can’t afford to eat anything later today. Ejim ego tata.
Oge: I love you with all my heart. Don’t worry, let me see what I can do.

She goes to take some money from the till. She gives it to Okey, who, is now smiling.

Oge:Take this money. Eat something later. Pay me back when you can.
Okey:You are good to me. Chukwu gozie. I forgot to tell you that my mother wrote from the village that she will love to meet you when she comes to visit me next time. I have told her a lot about you and the wonderful things you are doing for me.
Oge: Obim, I love to meet her too. She sounds like the loveliest woman on earth.
Okey: She is. Only you are lovelier.

They both laugh at the joke and they play love. Camera fades.
Re: My Daughter's Luck by ifycelebrity(f): 10:50am On Dec 05, 2015
SCENE 3. NIGHT. INT. CHIMA’S HOUSE. CHIMA AND JENNY.

Chima is in the palour of his apartment. The radio is on and there is an important newscast where the newscaster announces a list of names. We hear her call "Mr Chima Ibe" as the last name and she reports that the afore metioned people are to resume office on the first of October, 2014. Chima starts to shout excitedly.

Chima: Jenny!! Bia osiso. Pls come here

Jenny runs in from the bedroom. She has a confused look on her face.

Jenny : Honey! Ututu oma. What is it?
Chima: Guess what I just heard on the radio.
Jenny : What?
Chima: Our company has just promoted five people from the regional offices to resume work at the head office next month. And i am one of them!
Jenny : Oh my Lord! Thank you God! Chineke e din ma o.

She breaks into songs that are thanking God.
Jenny: That’s wonderful.
Chima: Thank God! I am so happy. Finally. I have been praying for this promotion for two years now. Don't you remember?
Jenny : I remember my husband. Wow! I can’t wait to tell Oge. She will soon be back from the market.
Chima: I know Oge will be very happy to hear this. With the pay rise we can afford to send her to the university this time around.
Jenny : My husband, thank you very much for all you have been doing for my niece, Oge, since her mother died. Eme la. Dalu dim. We are all she has. God will bless you.

She holds her husband and pecks her husband on the lips. He is smiling.

Chima: Don’t worry. Amen. God will provide.
Jenny : I am so happy. Oge will soon be home. I told her to close the shop early today.

There is a noise at the back door.

Jenny: I am sure that is her. Let me go and tell her the good news.

Chima releases her with a smile as she goes in to the kitchen to tell Oge the good news. Fade.
Re: My Daughter's Luck by ifycelebrity(f): 4:32pm On Dec 06, 2015
SCENE4. INT. DAY. OGE’S SHOP. OKEY AND OGE

Camera opens in Oge’s shop and we see Okey trying to gist with Oge. Okay is in a chatty mood but Oge is downcast and in a sad mood. Okey suddenly realizes Oge’s quiet mood.

Okey: My love, what is the matter? You have been moody all day
Oge: Okey, my heart, am sorry about that. It’s just that I am not very happy. I am not in a good frame of mind today.
Okey: I hope there is no problem? What is it?

Oge reluctantly starts to talk about the problem.

Oge: Okey my uncle has been promoted and we are relocating to Port Harcourt.
Okey: This is a very big problem. I can’t let this happen. I have gotten so used to you. You are my heart and soul. Now you want to leave me. Why is my luck this bad? Where a child finds succour, he rests. I can't let you leave me.
Oge: Obim, what can you do? What can we do? Its not as if you have paid my bride price. I am still under my aunt’s care. My uncle and my aunty are like the father and mother I don't have. They will not let me stay. What can we do? I am so confused.

Both of them become sullen and Okey has a shocked and pained look on his face. Fade camera.
Re: My Daughter's Luck by MerryMe1(f): 5:29pm On Dec 06, 2015
UPDATE: OPENING DATE: 1ST DECEMBER 2015.
DEADLINE: 5th FEBRUARY 2016
ABOUT NAWOT:
The Nelson Adeyeye Writers Of Today(NAWOT) is an online competition that is organized by Sandra Adeyeye C.E.O of Eminent Creators in honor of her late father Mr. Nelson Adeyeye as a way to encourage the writing and reading culture of the Nigerian youth.
This competition promises to be an exciting and uplifting showcase of well-laid out Prose that promotes creativity at it's peak.
AWARDS:
There shall be a selection of the best twenty stories by our judges. These shall make up our anthology other prizes to be won include but are not restricted to:
Best writer Romance Category - 15,000
Best writer Science Fiction and Fantasy Category - 15,000
Best writer Mystery and Horror Category - 15,000
Best writer Action and Thriller Category - 15,000
Other consolation prizes, a copy of the anthology and other books shall follow.
RULES AND REGULATION:
In order to be eligible, participants are to note the following guidelines as regards submission of entries.
1) Participant must be a Nigerian youth between the ages of 16 - 30 years.
2) Participant must send a mail containing a black and white passport photograph, age, sex, phone numbers, email and facebook i.d in a separate mail from the mail bearing his entry.
3) Entry to be submitted must be Prose, original work of participant and must be an unpublished work, not submitted for any publication during the period of this competition.
NOTE: entry should not bear author's name on it. Just the title and the word count.
4) Entry must be between a 1,500 (minimum) - 2,500 (maximum) word count. Entries must be complete, concise and bear a comprehensive plot, i.e a beginning, middle and an end (no season). Entry font should be Arial size 12 and double spaced.
NOTE: subject of mail should signify what category the author is entering his story. No entries in PDF format will be accepted.
5) Participants can compete in four categories during this competition. I.e every writer is entitled to four entries per competition. Science fiction/fantasy category, mystery/horror category, action/thriller category and romance category.
NOTE: each entry attracts a fee of #1,000.
6) Every entry must have an attachment of the scanned bank draft which has the title of the submission boldly written on it.
Account name: Eminent Creators
Account number: 0201029142
Bank: Gtbank.
7) Every entry must be in English language, with minimal usage of vernacular; and if unavoidably used, must be explained as a footnote for better understanding.
cool All entries must be submitted to nelsonadeyeyewritersoftoday@gmail.com on or before 5 February 2016 (late entries will attract an extra fee of 500). Date for the prize-giving ceremony shall be communicated to participants via mail.
MODE OF SELECTION:
Participants will have excerpts from their stories displayed on our blog and Facebook page for voting by our public audience within a span of two weeks. Excerpts with the highest votes/comments within that period shall scale through to the next stage of selection.
Final announcement of the winners shall be left to the jurisdiction of the competition's in-house judges whose decisions shall be Binding and Final.
Finally: Writers retain the rights to the stories they submit for the NAWOT competition. The twenty winning stories are published as an anthology and open for purchase after the launching. After that, the winning authors are free to publish anywhere, as long as due credit is given to the NAWOT competition and/or Eminent Creators. Eminent Creators staff and NAWOT team members are not eligible to participate in the competition.
Good luck.

Signed:
Hillary Zita Successa
For the competition department.

For more information, send a message to nelsonadeyeyewritersoftoday@gmail.com or like our page on facebook. https://m.facebook.com/Nelson-Adeyeye-Writers-of-Today-NAWOT-1536651376625288/?ref=context_row or visit https://eminentcreatorsblog./ for more details. Thanks.
Re: My Daughter's Luck by ifycelebrity(f): 7:21am On Dec 07, 2015
Awww. Nairaland is a sweet forum. Thanks Mods: obinnau and cuddlemii and seun for the prompt answers to my request.
Re: My Daughter's Luck by ifycelebrity(f): 4:58pm On Dec 07, 2015
SCENE4. INT. DAY. OGE’S SHOP. OKEY AND OGE

Camera opens in Oge’s shop and we see Okey trying to gist with Oge. Okay is in a chatty mood but Oge is downcast and in a sad mood. Okey suddenly realizes Oge’s quiet mood.

Okey: My love, what is the matter? You have been moody all day
Oge: Okey, my heart, am sorry about that. It’s just that I am not very happy. I am not in a good frame of mind today.
Okey: I hope there is no problem? What is it?

Oge reluctantly starts to talk.

Oge: Okey my uncle has been promoted and we are relocating to Port Harcourt.
Okey: This is a very big problem. I can’t let this happen. I have gotten so used to you. You are my heart and soul. Now you want to leave me. Why is my luck this bad? Where a child finds succour, he rests. I can't let you leave me.
Oge: Obim, what can you do? What can we do? Its not as if you have paid my bride price. I am still under my aunt’s care. My uncle and my aunty are like the father and mother I don't have. They will not let me stay. What can we do? I am so confused.

Both of them become sullen and Okey has a shocked and pained look on his face. Fade camera.

(1) (Reply)

Take Charge Take Control Take Responsibility For Your Life / Bloggers! Showcase Your Latest Blog Posts And Get More Comments / Thirty Days To 30 - Prologue

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.