Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,096 members, 7,845,607 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 08:56 PM

What's The Best Solution For A Scorpion Bite? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / What's The Best Solution For A Scorpion Bite? (3795 Views)

India Man Chews Off Snake's Head In Revenge After Snake Bite – Report / Help, A Scorpion Stung My Mum. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's The Best Solution For A Scorpion Bite? by Osisie(m): 8:30pm On Dec 03, 2015
Pls, I just got bitten by a scorpion. The pain is something else. We're in injury period here in school, so I can't afford hospital plus the school clinic is closed.

What's the best solution pls? One woman gave me crude oil to drink, is it healthy? Pls, suggestions.
Re: What's The Best Solution For A Scorpion Bite? by Gcares(m): 8:40pm On Dec 03, 2015
Op can you get bitter kola, chew some them apply some on the surface of the sting area. Get yourself professional medical help fast. Peace of My Lord Jesus be with you.

1 Like

Re: What's The Best Solution For A Scorpion Bite? by Gcares(m): 8:52pm On Dec 03, 2015
Osisie:
Pls, I just got bitten by a scorpion. The pain is something else. We're in injury period here in school, so I can't afford hospital plus the school clinic is closed.

What's the best solution pls? One woman gave me crude oil to drink, is it healthy? Pls, suggestions.
Palm oil may help as a placebo, wash the area of the sting with soap and water, calm down as most scorpion stings never result in anything more than discomfort you are experiencing. Find ice place on affected are at regular intervals or use the bitter kola I told on the area to keep poison from spreading but achieve same purpose, then get urself some aspirin or paracetamol for the pain. Then visit your nearest housemaster or prefect to take to a proper health facility for proper care. As all I have explained is sort of like first aid oooo.
Re: What's The Best Solution For A Scorpion Bite? by dhummystecah(f): 8:53pm On Dec 03, 2015
-Wash the sting with soap and water.
-Apply cool compresses, usually 10 minutes on and ten minutes off of the site of the sting.
-Acetaminophen (Tylenol) 1-2 tablets every 4 hours may be given to relieve pain (usually not to exceed 3g per 24 hours). *Avoid aspirin and ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin) because they may contribute to other problems.
**Do not cut into the wound or apply suction.
N.B. If symptoms increase in severity, go to an Emergency Department

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What's The Best Solution For A Scorpion Bite? by Osisie(m): 9:07pm On Dec 03, 2015
Gcares:

Many thanks. Thanks for taking out time to look out 4 me. Housemaster? Bro, I'm in the university. I was given crude oil to drink. I'm scared. Can't get any drugs this night.
Re: What's The Best Solution For A Scorpion Bite? by Gcares(m): 11:06am On Dec 04, 2015
No problem bro. We are our brother's keeper.

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Records 81,413 Suspected Cholera Cases With 2,791 Deaths / COVID-19 Update For December 17 2021 In Nigeria / See Picture Of The Ebola Suspected Quarantined Nurse Who Escaped To Enugu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.