Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,316 members, 7,836,372 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:32 AM

Spouse Of A European Citizen Traveling To The UK - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Spouse Of A European Citizen Traveling To The UK (1194 Views)

Nigerians Who Absconded After Traveling To Russia For World Cup, Cry Out. Photos / My Experience Traveling To Ghana By Road. / Photos Of Nigerians Who Were Deported From The UK Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Spouse Of A European Citizen Traveling To The UK by fwwins(m): 3:47am On Dec 04, 2015
Please nl help me with this issue.
Does the spouse of a European citizen need a visa to travel to the UK for a visit?

Cc Justwise etc
Re: Spouse Of A European Citizen Traveling To The UK by Nobody: 3:51am On Dec 04, 2015
Yes... ur wife/husband (European citizen ) will be the one to apply for u.
Re: Spouse Of A European Citizen Traveling To The UK by fwwins(m): 4:27am On Dec 04, 2015
KashyBaby:
Yes... ur wife/husband (European citizen ) will be the one to apply for u.

Thank you very much but I thought a European spouse does not need a visit visa to the UK if he or she travels with their spouse
Re: Spouse Of A European Citizen Traveling To The UK by Lexusgs430: 10:23am On Dec 04, 2015
fwwins:

Thank you very much but I thought a European spouse does not need a visit visa to the UK if he or she travels with their spouse

I laugh in Polish!!!
Re: Spouse Of A European Citizen Traveling To The UK by fwwins(m): 12:13pm On Dec 04, 2015
Lexusgs430:

I laugh in Polish!!!

Laugh oooo because you need it
Re: Spouse Of A European Citizen Traveling To The UK by 4thDimension: 3:40pm On Dec 04, 2015
You are actually correct that you don't need a visa when travelling with your spouse, however, that rule isn't applicable if travelling with your spouse from outside the EU.
In other words,you can ONLY travel without visa if accompanied by your spouse within the EU. See Eu regulations concerning this.
You require a visa to come to the uk after which you can apply for a residence card as confirmation of your right as a family member of an EU national.
The type of visa you will apply for is called" family permit visa" and the official length of time to deal with this kind of application is 3 weeks.
Pls check the UK border agency website.

Thank you.

What is best administered is best.
Re: Spouse Of A European Citizen Traveling To The UK by fwwins(m): 4:36pm On Dec 04, 2015
4thDimension:
You are actually correct that you don't need a visa when travelling with your spouse, however, that rule isn't applicable if travelling with your spouse from outside the EU.
In other words,you can ONLY travel without visa if accompanied by your spouse within the EU. See Eu regulations concerning this.
You require a visa to come to the uk after which you can apply for a residence card as confirmation of your right as a family member of an EU national.
The type of visa you will apply for is called" family permit visa" and the official length of time to deal with this kind of application is 3 weeks.
Pls check the UK border agency website.

Thank you.

What is best administered is best.
You are the best. Merci beaucoup
Re: Spouse Of A European Citizen Traveling To The UK by pansophist(m): 8:49pm On Dec 04, 2015
As a family member of an eu citizen, a visa or residence card is a mere confirmation of an existing right, a right derived from being a direct family member of a union citizen. Although from outside the eu, most airline will not allow you to board without possessing a valid visa but nevertheless, you might find it easier travelling within the eu freely.

When you say European citizen, I guess you are referring to the EU. But even if your spouse is an EU citizen, being Croatian doesnt qualify and you may not enjoy the benefits family members of older EU member states Enjoy. If your family member is exercising his/her treaty rights in the UK, then a visa should be issued to you within two weeks, and it must be free of charge. If you could give more info, I might offer more advice.

1 Like

Re: Spouse Of A European Citizen Traveling To The UK by claremont(m): 7:42am On Dec 05, 2015
No if travelling with the EU spouse, but yes if travelling alone to the UK.

http://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/travel/entry-exit/non-eu-family/index_en.htm
Re: Spouse Of A European Citizen Traveling To The UK by jamal080(m): 11:19pm On Aug 16, 2020
Please i need your advice !
I and my british wife reside in Nigeria,

There an information says through an agent that ,there is opportunity for me as Nigeria citizen married to British citizen to travel to Ireland with free visa under the influence of my British wife base on Treaty law of E.U .

And after going through the Treaty law of E.U, I noticed Travelling to the EU
You can continue to travel to the EU as usual during the transition period.
From 1 January 2021 there will be new rules to travel to the E.U.

*within this period of UK exist ,can I still apply ?

*what are procedure and documents need for the application ?

*or which kind of visa will that be ?

I will be very grateful if necessary information is giving .....Thank you all and God bless you .

Cc @ wise
Re: Spouse Of A European Citizen Traveling To The UK by jamal080(m): 11:19pm On Aug 16, 2020
Please i need your advice !
I and my british wife reside in Nigeria,

There an information says through an agent that ,there is opportunity for me as Nigeria citizen married to British citizen to travel to Ireland with free visa under the influence of my British wife base on Treaty law of E.U .

And after going through the Treaty law of E.U, I noticed Travelling to the EU
You can continue to travel to the EU as usual during the transition period.
From 1 January 2021 there will be new rules to travel to the E.U.

*within this period of UK exist ,can I still apply ?

*what are procedure and documents need for the application ?

*or which kind of visa will that be ?

I will be very grateful if necessary information is giving .....Thank you all and God bless you .

Cc @ justwise ,e.t.c

(1) (Reply)

TINAPA Business And Leisure Resort / It It True That Passport Reissue Is Done Only In Abuja? / Am In Need Of A Single Room For Rent In Iyana Ipaja And Its Environs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.