Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,963 members, 7,825,016 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 11:40 PM

Man To Die By Hanging Over N14,570 Robbery - Crime (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Man To Die By Hanging Over N14,570 Robbery (30255 Views)

21-Year-Old Man To Die By Hanging In Ekiti For Robbing Men Of Their Motorcycles / Kenyan Undergraduate Commits Suicide By Hanging Over A Lady, Shares Suicide Note / Hair Dresser In Lagos To Die By Hanging For Armed Robbery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man To Die By Hanging Over N14,570 Robbery by engrjacuzzi: 9:30am On Dec 04, 2015
this guy could have been a terror to residents..... I no dey pity am one bit, if there is a stiffer penalty, he should serve it. we praise the disabled wen they do lucrative or little things to earn a living, how much this bastard that may have killed, robbed and been a dreadful image to people out there. the prayers of those people he robbed have been answered.
Re: Man To Die By Hanging Over N14,570 Robbery by Infinitikoncept(m): 9:30am On Dec 04, 2015
This is madness of the highest order. Yes the man is guilty of stealing but hanging him without him taking a life shows how ridiculous our system is. An high profile case will not even get up to two years imprisonment. Seriously Nigeria is a new animal farm.
Re: Man To Die By Hanging Over N14,570 Robbery by hush15: 9:39am On Dec 04, 2015
LordMecuzy:
The law is made for only the poor

Now you see why stealing and corruption are not same. Stealing is in a class of its own.....
Re: Man To Die By Hanging Over N14,570 Robbery by amtaken(f): 9:40am On Dec 04, 2015
Most of the people here who are sympathetic towards the armed robber's plight here are not different from him or how can a sane person defend a man who has been involved in series of armed-robberies and has probably wasted many lives in the course of the robberies. Even if he's yet to waste a life, what is the guarantee that he wouldn't have done so in the nearest future if he wasn't apprehended? Also once any of the gang members kills a soul, it is assumed by the law that all the members who were part of the crime are participants in the murder/armed robbery. Quote me anywhere.
Ebenezerk2:
I am highly disappointed about people's comments, they need to be educated about law, I don't think any of their family members had ever been killed by armed robbers before, if it had happened to them, they would not be saying all this nonsense, he deserved the judgement

1 Like

Re: Man To Die By Hanging Over N14,570 Robbery by notmywill: 9:41am On Dec 04, 2015
Nigerian laws are disgusting.

Nigerian judicial system and all the people there are disgusting.

Wasn't it a certain man that was given only 750000 naira fine for stealing pensioners money running to the billions.

Again I say, lawyers are DISGUSTING!!!

If they weren't, they would protest to upgrade the criminal code.
Re: Man To Die By Hanging Over N14,570 Robbery by hush15: 9:42am On Dec 04, 2015
Infinitikoncept:
This is madness of the highest order. Yes the man is guilty of stealing but hanging him without him taking a life shows how ridiculous our system is. An high profile case will not even get up to two years imprisonment. Seriously Nigeria is a new animal farm.

Like I posted to some earlier,

STEALING AND CORRUPTION ARE NOT SAME. STEALING AND CORRUPTION ARE IN A CLASS OF THE I OWN.

Thus, in Jonathan's voice, stealing is not corruption.....
Re: Man To Die By Hanging Over N14,570 Robbery by amtaken(f): 9:44am On Dec 04, 2015
He's not guilty of just stealing but guilty of armed robbery: robbery with dangerous/offensive weapons capable of killing another.
Infinitikoncept:
Re: Man To Die By Hanging Over N14,570 Robbery by streetzdreamz(m): 9:47am On Dec 04, 2015
I bet the man has no responsible nor wealthy relatives,so the judge felt the best verdict was a death sentence,whatever happened to jail terms?with the country's judiciary arm in this state,I wouldn't blame anyone who takes the law in his hands,seven hells,the judge won't even see the coming year if the accused has just a sane man in his family line,f*ck the law,f*ck the judge!*spits*
Re: Man To Die By Hanging Over N14,570 Robbery by amtaken(f): 9:47am On Dec 04, 2015
I wish they could release that armed robber so that he will rob you and kill you with his weapon, that way you will understand that his execution sentence is not about the amount of money he was able to rob (no matter how little) but about the dangerous/offensive weapons he robbed with.

#smh for you people.
notmywill:
Nigerian laws are disgusting.

Nigerian judicial system and all the people there are disgusting.

Wasn't it a certain man that was given only 750000 naira fine for stealing pensioners money running to the billions.

Again I say, lawyers are DISGUSTING!!!

If they weren't, they would protest to upgrade the criminal code.
Re: Man To Die By Hanging Over N14,570 Robbery by DrChukzy(m): 9:48am On Dec 04, 2015
Yellow Bars and Robbery sha...Them active in dah field o.

Awon Ole Eniyan

1 Like

Re: Man To Die By Hanging Over N14,570 Robbery by amtaken(f): 9:49am On Dec 04, 2015
And what makes you think he or any of his gang members has never taken a life in the course of the series of robberies they were involved with?
Infinitikoncept:
Re: Man To Die By Hanging Over N14,570 Robbery by amtaken(f): 9:54am On Dec 04, 2015
His long-term trial stems from our slow judicial system.

That nevertheless, he has been found guilty by a court of competent jurisdiction and should be punished accordingly.

No sentiments in Law.
chimaobinelson:

so you are trying to say that he has been on awaiting trial since 2003 right,.synonimously he have served jail term for 12 years n still get killed at d end right?

u know ,anomallies like this,,is the brain behind some ethnic seccesions, ur so called president chief of junketers PMB has refused to implement or make use of the ostenssive national conference report which cost the country fortunes ,which dealt with all these anomallies

Re: Man To Die By Hanging Over N14,570 Robbery by Charly68: 9:56am On Dec 04, 2015
I think the law makers need to work on our criminal law ..Armed robbers that steals 14,000 plus can be killed but those pen robbers who stole billions can get court bail & stupid injunctions...or better still plea bargain like Former Governors..God have mercy
Re: Man To Die By Hanging Over N14,570 Robbery by babaarewa(m): 9:56am On Dec 04, 2015
amtaken:
Most of the people here who are sympathetic towards the armed robber's plight here are not different from him or how can a sane person defend a man who has been involved in series of armed-robberies and has probably wasted many lives in the course of the robberies. Even if he's yet to waste a life, what is the guarantee that he wouldn't have done so in the nearest future if he wasn't apprehended? Also once any of the gang members kills a soul, it is assumed by the law that all the members who were part of the crime are participants in the murder/armed robbery. Quote me anywhere.
Good comment.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man To Die By Hanging Over N14,570 Robbery by Nobody: 9:57am On Dec 04, 2015
nonsense did he kill anybody in the process,some murderers dont even get death sentences,the judge must be high on weed.
Re: Man To Die By Hanging Over N14,570 Robbery by streetzdreamz(m): 9:57am On Dec 04, 2015
amtaken:
bullsh*t, this ain't some sympathetic claims, its outrageous and inhuman,did the accused commit a crime of murder? yes he stole,so f*cking what? yes am indifferent to his crime because this country celebrate rich thieves,so why must poor thieves pay the price with their lives?howbeit their predicaments might have been different if the rich thieves did the right thing with the funds in their care,why wasn't he jailed?why a death sentence? serial killers gets life sentence in some cases,a petty thief and a death sentence and you quoting some dead stupid law,If wishes were horses,the judge won't even last the day!!!!

1 Like

Re: Man To Die By Hanging Over N14,570 Robbery by emman44(m): 9:58am On Dec 04, 2015
If this man can be sentenced to death for that small amounts wat will now become looters of public funds?.
Re: Man To Die By Hanging Over N14,570 Robbery by 400billionman: 10:05am On Dec 04, 2015
DONSMITH123:

My brother, imagine the amount involved and the sentence.

Dont forget that guy has been in prison since 2003. Delayed trial.

The judge nah one sadist.
Re: Man To Die By Hanging Over N14,570 Robbery by elampiro(m): 10:07am On Dec 04, 2015
amtaken:

I am with you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man To Die By Hanging Over N14,570 Robbery by elampiro(m): 10:08am On Dec 04, 2015
400billionman:

Dont forget that guy has been in prison since 2003. Delayed trial.

The judge nah one sadist.

He committed the offense in 2003. They didn't say when he had been in prison.
Re: Man To Die By Hanging Over N14,570 Robbery by elampiro(m): 10:12am On Dec 04, 2015
streetzdreamz:
bullsh*t, this ain't some sympathetic claims, its outrageous and inhuman,did the accused commit a crime of murder? yes he stole,so f*cking what? yes am indifferent to his crime because this country celebrate rich thieves,so why must poor thieves pay the price with their lives?howbeit their predicaments might have been different if the rich thieves did the right thing with the funds in their care,why wasn't he jailed?why a death sentence? serial killers gets life sentence in some cases,a petty thief and a death sentence and you quoting some dead stupid law,If wishes were horses,the judge won't even last the day!!!!

It's the law.

Carry arm and use it on another citizen in robbery is death sentence. No matter how hard the country is, it's the worst crime a youth can involve in. Why should anyone involve in such at all?
Re: Man To Die By Hanging Over N14,570 Robbery by anigbajumo(m): 10:13am On Dec 04, 2015
OnankpaBa:
If they no hang Dasuki and all other people involved in the arms deal, i swear God will send this Judge straight to Hell.
. Ameen
Re: Man To Die By Hanging Over N14,570 Robbery by oforij(m): 10:13am On Dec 04, 2015
LordMecuzy:
The law is made for only the poor
indeed my brother, while those that steals millions are bailed with fragments of the millions
na wah 4 9ja
Re: Man To Die By Hanging Over N14,570 Robbery by tasceige(m): 10:16am On Dec 04, 2015
Not even a murder case...
This Judge though arghn arghn, worse comes to worst he should just serve jail terms and community services
Re: Man To Die By Hanging Over N14,570 Robbery by elampiro(m): 10:17am On Dec 04, 2015
amtaken:
His long-term trial stems from our slow judicial system.

That nevertheless, he has been found guilty by a court of competent jurisdiction and should be punished accordingly.

No sentiments in Law.

We were not even told when the trial commenced. The date mentioned is when he committed the offense. He also confessed to have been imprisoned before, from there he met his gang.

So it means he is going to prison for the second time now. The first one was not enough to change him. He is hardened.
Re: Man To Die By Hanging Over N14,570 Robbery by Lakeland4321: 10:21am On Dec 04, 2015
DONSMITH123:

my guy this is another injustice in Nigerian judiciary system. I don't understand this country called Nigeria and that might be the reason why some ethinc group wants to pull out from it. How on earth will a right thinking judge sentence a thief that stole that amount of money to death by hanging and sentence another person that stole 2.2 billion niara 74 days in prison with an option of paying 3 million naira fine.
A shameless country.
I think the main difference is that he was armed and would have killed or injured people if they did not cooperate, hence the death sentence

1 Like

Re: Man To Die By Hanging Over N14,570 Robbery by elampiro(m): 10:21am On Dec 04, 2015
tasceige:
Not even a murder case...
This Judge though arghn arghn, worse comes to worst he should just serve jail terms and community services

What's the difference between a murder case and an armed-robbery case?

Armed robbery is premeditated. Murder might just come from sudden provocation or even sometimes unintended. Armed robbery is even more serious. Anyone who left his home with a gun to rob is ready to kill when provoked.

Again the law has always been clear armed-robbery. So why do people take such risk?
Re: Man To Die By Hanging Over N14,570 Robbery by leksgcfr(m): 10:22am On Dec 04, 2015
Unfortunately , that is the position of the law as regards armed robbery. Note that the law frowns at the possession of firearms in the first instance. It is further compounded by the use of such weapon(s) to perpetrate robbery capable of (sic) posing arm and danger to the life of the victim by the assailant.

People condemning the judge's pronouncement are merely exhibiting their soaring level of ignorance of the present legal system cum laws of the federation.

Stealing or robbery is bad but if you must, rather do one of the two than armed robbery except you are prepared to meet your maker before the due date.
Re: Man To Die By Hanging Over N14,570 Robbery by Spybradd: 10:22am On Dec 04, 2015
aha..yoruba and yorrobber..siamese by the head..
grin
Re: Man To Die By Hanging Over N14,570 Robbery by Slylee: 10:25am On Dec 04, 2015
This is madness of the highest order. Where did this judge got his own training
Re: Man To Die By Hanging Over N14,570 Robbery by sabi99(m): 10:25am On Dec 04, 2015
This country is gradually turning 2 saudi, where pple are being hanged for d least negligible crime committed..........they passed d death penalty on d poor guy cos no lawyer was der to defend him........no wonder Jesus said that he came to set d oppressed, d poor and sinners free,............this judge who passed d death penalty should be getting prepared to meet d Judge of all judges(GOD) to face his own judgement and sentencing.
Re: Man To Die By Hanging Over N14,570 Robbery by stagger: 10:25am On Dec 04, 2015
The moment a robbery is committed with a firearm, even if the amount stolen is N20, it carries a death sentence. That is the law in Nigeria. Armed robbery is an offence punishable by death in Nigeria. That is how it is. So all these sentiments based on the amount stolen will not have any effect on the prescribed penalty for the offence. Once it is proven that the assailant carried a firearm, that is it.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Missing UNIOSUN Student Found Dead / Fake Lawyer Who Has Practised For 15 Years Arrested In Lagos Court (Photo) / Unemployed Man Nearly Beat His Girlfriend To Death For Not Quitting Her Job

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.