Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,967 members, 7,825,024 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 12:13 AM

Man To Die By Hanging Over N14,570 Robbery - Crime (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Man To Die By Hanging Over N14,570 Robbery (30256 Views)

21-Year-Old Man To Die By Hanging In Ekiti For Robbing Men Of Their Motorcycles / Kenyan Undergraduate Commits Suicide By Hanging Over A Lady, Shares Suicide Note / Hair Dresser In Lagos To Die By Hanging For Armed Robbery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man To Die By Hanging Over N14,570 Robbery by SirSmithHarry(m): 12:22pm On Dec 04, 2015
Timbuktou:

Animal Control Services dey come. You better finish that beer quick.

Re: Man To Die By Hanging Over N14,570 Robbery by Nobody: 12:23pm On Dec 04, 2015
SirSmithHarry:
See your life grin
Re: Man To Die By Hanging Over N14,570 Robbery by lawrenceunaa: 12:42pm On Dec 04, 2015
Yksoul:
WHY DO YOU TO HANG THIS POOR,JOBLESS GUY,WHEN THOSE THAT LOOTED BILLIONS ARE WALKING THE STREET UNHARMED.NIGERIA REPENT
that's the country we found ourselves in; steal small get a Max sentence loot big and be a hero #abacha
Re: Man To Die By Hanging Over N14,570 Robbery by abbeyty(m): 12:48pm On Dec 04, 2015
Crazy judge. That means all those thieves called politicians should be buried alive then
Re: Man To Die By Hanging Over N14,570 Robbery by cutekhalifa(m): 12:57pm On Dec 04, 2015
I no say thief dey good, but 14K is not enough to sentence that man to death by hanging, abi that judge smoke ogbomosho igbo (weed) b4 passing that dead sentence.... Abeg make u na come my office come collect 50k and release that dude, I will start believing Nigeria juries the day I see obj,atiku,amaechi, rochas okoroawusa some of abacha pikin and tinubu inside kiri kiri prison....
Re: Man To Die By Hanging Over N14,570 Robbery by streetzdreamz(m): 1:06pm On Dec 04, 2015
elampiro:

And you have chosen to resort to insult? What do you mean that I comprehension problem? Why not just try to clarify yourself?

Rich men too still go to jail. Poor too are also left off the hook at Police station. But what I am saying is that armed robbery should be condemned even if it's 1 kobo involved.

Have you been a victim of armed robbery before or someone you know?

when you say a thing to an individual,and he responds with a word totally off track,then you either talking to a wall or the fellow lacks good comprehension skills,it wasn't an insult,it was an observation....yes have been robbed,not once not twice,robbers are ruthless when caught they should pay for their crime,I ain't disputing that,the question you failed to answer is,why should he get a death sentence of all verdicts,since the law has various ways of dealing with robbers.
Re: Man To Die By Hanging Over N14,570 Robbery by Seunjungle(m): 1:33pm On Dec 04, 2015
Fake rumour! No Judge in Nigeria can sentence one to death over this kind of allegation. make we hear joor
Re: Man To Die By Hanging Over N14,570 Robbery by Kassidy90(m): 1:56pm On Dec 04, 2015
If any of you has bin robbed at gun point, lost a friend or relatives to some of these small time armed robbers you wont be here condeming the judgement...if only he can be killed over n over but as for our leaders sstealing with Pen causing hardship for the poors sometimes leading to deaths of some I pray their generation shall know no peace...

1 Like

Re: Man To Die By Hanging Over N14,570 Robbery by amtaken(f): 2:19pm On Dec 04, 2015
Not that I wish you evil but why do you want an armed robber to be spared?
notmywill:

Read to understand. It's really easy.
I'm saying that the whole system needs to be overhauled. And that lawyers have a big role to play.
Most of these codes are colonial and do not reflect on modern day realities.

Again you don't have to wish evil on me to make a point. Try to be civil.
Re: Man To Die By Hanging Over N14,570 Robbery by jossybranduk9(m): 2:33pm On Dec 04, 2015
That is too unacceptable,the judge should be probed and the verdict be reversed.(Law student)
Re: Man To Die By Hanging Over N14,570 Robbery by Cooleasy(m): 2:43pm On Dec 04, 2015
amtaken:
You people are only worried about the little amount of money he stole forgetting that Armed Robbery attracts Capital Punishment under the Robbery and Fire Arms Law of the Federation, 2004.

He was armed, probably with a gun or any other deadly weapon therefore must be executed unless he's granted amnesty.
Re: Man To Die By Hanging Over N14,570 Robbery by amtaken(f): 2:50pm On Dec 04, 2015
You didn't see the part where he was said to have robbed with guns and cutlasses?
Infinitikoncept:

As long as this write up is concerned none of such was said. Its a case of stealing. If he was a murderer then ni one will pity him on this thread

1 Like

Re: Man To Die By Hanging Over N14,570 Robbery by amtaken(f): 2:53pm On Dec 04, 2015
No he didn't steal. He committed an offence of armed robbery, that is robbery with fire arms and other dangerous weapons used for killing people.
streetzdreamz:
bullsh*t, this ain't some sympathetic claims, its outrageous and inhuman,did the accused commit a crime of murder? yes he stole,so f*cking what? yes am indifferent to his crime because this country celebrate rich thieves,so why must poor thieves pay the price with their lives?howbeit their predicaments might have been different if the rich thieves did the right thing with the funds in their care,why wasn't he jailed?why a death sentence? serial killers gets life sentence in some cases,a petty thief and a death sentence and you quoting some dead stupid law,If wishes were horses,the judge won't even last the day!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Man To Die By Hanging Over N14,570 Robbery by amtaken(f): 2:55pm On Dec 04, 2015
Most countries in the world execute armed robbers and that's the right thing to do or do you wanna spare them so that they will wipe off the human race?
Caleycash:
Am not in support of what he did, but that constitution is a mess, why not sentence him to jail rather than killing him, I pity this hypocritical country, I don't know why am even born in this dark mess called Nigerian angry Am not in support of what he did, but that constitution is a mess, why not sentence him to jail rather than killing him, I pity this hypocritical country, I don't know why am even born in this dark mess called Nigerian
Re: Man To Die By Hanging Over N14,570 Robbery by amtaken(f): 2:56pm On Dec 04, 2015
Res ipsa loquitur.
enomakos:
are you a lawyer?

1 Like

Re: Man To Die By Hanging Over N14,570 Robbery by elampiro(m): 3:02pm On Dec 04, 2015
streetzdreamz:
when you say a thing to an individual,and he responds with a word totally off track,then you either talking to a wall or the fellow lacks good comprehension skills,it wasn't an insult,it was an observation....yes have been robbed,not once not twice,robbers are ruthless when caught they should pay for their crime,I ain't disputing that,the question you failed to answer is,why should he get a death sentence of all verdicts,since the law has various ways of dealing with robbers.

Lack good comprehension skills? Yet you don't know the person you are referring to in person. I responded to you appropriately but let me just ignore certain things from you.

I will like you to enlighten us how someone guilty of armed robbery should be sentenced in Nigerian law. You also put into consideration he had been imprisoned before this case.
Re: Man To Die By Hanging Over N14,570 Robbery by Mokuwe: 3:35pm On Dec 04, 2015
Sentenced to death for just 15k after spending almost 12 years in police custody, its unfair. i think the house (nairaland ) should take this up. The punishment is too heavy for the crime committed especially that no life was lost.
Re: Man To Die By Hanging Over N14,570 Robbery by notmywill: 3:39pm On Dec 04, 2015
amtaken:
Not that I wish you evil but why do you want an armed robber to be spared?

There is no where I wrote the armed robber should be spared.

But you would agree that the entire judicial system, laws, courts and Lawyers need an overhaul and re purposing.
So that justice can be meted quickly and appropriately.
Re: Man To Die By Hanging Over N14,570 Robbery by nifeakinyemi87: 3:44pm On Dec 04, 2015
imagine grin
Re: Man To Die By Hanging Over N14,570 Robbery by amtaken(f): 3:47pm On Dec 04, 2015
He's being punished for robbing while in possession of arms eg gun, cutlas. Even if he was not able to get a dime from the robbery he would still have been convicted.

Mind you stealing is different from robbery and robbery is different from armed robbery.
Mokuwe:
Sentenced to death for just 15k after spending almost 12 years in police custody, its unfair. i think the house (nairaland ) should take this up. The punishment is too heavy for the crime committed especially that no life was lost.

1 Like

Re: Man To Die By Hanging Over N14,570 Robbery by streetzdreamz(m): 4:35pm On Dec 04, 2015
elampiro:

Lack good comprehension skills? Yet you don't know the person you are referring to in person. I responded to you appropriately but let me just ignore certain things from you.

I will like you to enlighten us how someone guilty of armed robbery should be sentenced in Nigerian law. You also put into consideration he had been imprisoned before this case.
Mr,I don't have to know who you are before I voice out ma opinions about you,you prolly failed to understand my posts,if you did I don't understand why you would claim am giving out an excuse for robbery,all I spoke out against was the harsh sentence he got,I said nothing about the meagre amount he stole,just the death sentence,and a question if there are no saner verdicts for armed robbers,if the death sentence is the only verdict,I asked this question cuz I don't know much about the silly law the country is running,and here you are replying my question with the same question,say:who has comprehension issues now?
Re: Man To Die By Hanging Over N14,570 Robbery by elampiro(m): 4:39pm On Dec 04, 2015
streetzdreamz:
Mr,I don't have to know who you are before I voice out ma opinions about you,you prolly failed to understand my posts,if you did I don't understand why you would claim am giving out an excuse for robbery,all I spoke out against was the harsh sentence he got,I said nothing about the meagre amount he stole,just the death sentence,and a question if there are no saner verdicts for armed robbers,if the death sentence is the only verdict,I asked this question cuz I don't know much about the silly law the country is running,and here you are replying my question with the same question,say:who has comprehension issues now?

I think death sentence is the only verdict. However most don't get killed like before when we had military regimes or in the 1980s. The governor usually has to sign the execution.
Re: Man To Die By Hanging Over N14,570 Robbery by streetzdreamz(m): 4:40pm On Dec 04, 2015
amtaken:
I am a Lawyer, called to the Nigerian Bar in Nov; 2008 and I work with the Department of Public Prosecutions in the Ministry of justice.

Most people here are ignorant of what they are saying.

Convicted armed robbers must be executed else this country won't be safe for living anymore.
graciaz,you used the word "must" that's all have been asking about all day,and no one seemed to get an answer,if convicted robbers must be executed,why must a greater percentage of them get a jail term and just a tiny fragment,the death sentence,why?
Re: Man To Die By Hanging Over N14,570 Robbery by Cooleasy(m): 4:42pm On Dec 04, 2015
amtaken:
He's being punished for possessing arms eg gun, cutlas. Even if he was not able to get a dime from the robbery he would still have been convicted.

Mind you stealing is different from robbery and robbery is different from armed robbery.
Your argument is the most objective I've seen on this thread so far.
Re: Man To Die By Hanging Over N14,570 Robbery by ohemdave(m): 4:51pm On Dec 04, 2015
OnankpaBa:
If they no hang Dasuki and all other people involved in the arms deal, i swear God will send this Judge straight to Hell.

My dear,less than 15k a man to die by hanging,if rational personalities don't rise to fight this ugly menace of irrational,egocentric and dubious judges like this one then we are going no where. If politician and the political class could drained the nation and state treasury and still be given an appointment and be celebrated in some quarters and even be guarded by security men paid be tax-payer's money in this country,Let this judge and his generation know no peace in Jesus name..Amen. Let his offspring's see no light in Jesus Name Amen.

1 Like

Re: Man To Die By Hanging Over N14,570 Robbery by streetzdreamz(m): 4:52pm On Dec 04, 2015
elampiro:

I think death sentence is the only verdict. However most don't get killed like before when we had military regimes or in the 1980s. The governor usually has to sign the execution.
bless you,this was all I was asking about,yea people don't get executed like in the 80's the judge just passes his damn judgement and the culprit rots away in the cell for years,some ends up getting some state pardon while most dies in the cell,after spending years waiting for their execution,why not give them a jail term instead of a death sentence that won't materialize,the other day a judge in Ogun state jailed a woman for donkey years,have forgotten the exact number of years cuz it wasn't a life sentence,the judge himself can never outlive the span,so what's the essence of such stupid laws and verdicts?still waiting for the day a corrupt government official will be given a dose of what the law actually says,until then,this country is just a huge joke.
Re: Man To Die By Hanging Over N14,570 Robbery by amtaken(f): 4:54pm On Dec 04, 2015
Because that is the Law.

Cooleasy:

Your argument is the most objective I've seen on this thread so far.

1 Like

Re: Man To Die By Hanging Over N14,570 Robbery by amtaken(f): 4:58pm On Dec 04, 2015
Where did you see a convicted armed robber get only a jail term? Cite the case for me.

A convicted robber or a thief gets a jail term but for a convicted armed robber, it is execution, unless the Robbery and Fire arms Law of the Federation, 2004 is not used. Some state criminal codes prescribe jail terms for armed robbery offences and that is so wrong.
streetzdreamz:
graciaz,you used the word "must" that's all have been asking about all day,and no one seemed to get an answer,if convicted robbers must be executed,why must a greater percentage of them get a jail term and just a tiny fragment,the death sentence,why?
Re: Man To Die By Hanging Over N14,570 Robbery by OnankpaBa(m): 5:01pm On Dec 04, 2015
ohemdave:

My dear,less than 15k a man to die by hanging,if rational personalities don't rise to fight this ugly menace of irrational,egocentric and dubious judges like this one then we are going no where. If politician and the political class could drained the nation and state treasury and still be given an appointment and be celebrated in some quarters and even be guarded by security men paid be tax-payer's money in this country,Let this judge and his generation know no peace in Jesus name..Amen. Let his offspring's see no light in Jesus Name Amen.

its well
Re: Man To Die By Hanging Over N14,570 Robbery by streetzdreamz(m): 5:05pm On Dec 04, 2015
amtaken:
Where did you see a convicted armed robber get only a jail term? Cite the case for me.

A convicted robber or a thief gets a jail term but for a convicted armed robber, it is execution, unless the Robbery and Fire arms Law of the Federation, 2004 is not used. Some state criminal codes prescribe jail terms for armed robbery offences and that is so wrong.
ain't a lawyer like you,can't stuff me head full with some useless cases,so you telling me all the robbers caught either via a shoot out with the police,or raided and were in possession of fire arms gets a death sentence? hell to the no!! you have said it already,some states criminal codes,not the whole country's, so if the man was tried in another state he might get a lesser verdict? forgive me but this stuffs antagonizes each other,the silly laws the country runs,it should be in for a penny in for a pound,no stories.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Bomb Factory Discovered In Edo State. Photos / SON Busts Factory Producing Fake Red Wine And Dry Gin (PHOTOS) / FRSC officials run for their lives as angry man attack them

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.