Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,236 members, 7,815,313 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:39 AM

SEO Isn't All About Link Building Like It Used To Be - Don Caprio (geek.ng) - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / SEO Isn't All About Link Building Like It Used To Be - Don Caprio (geek.ng) (892 Views)

Adsense and HTML Code Parser - What's it Used For and How To Use It / 6 SEO Link Building Strategies For Bloggers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

SEO Isn't All About Link Building Like It Used To Be - Don Caprio (geek.ng) by iwriterng(m): 10:57am On Dec 04, 2015
SEO is one of the poorly discussed topics among Nigerian bloggers; mostly because a larger percentage of Nigerian bloggers are in the entertainment niche. To clarify a lot of issues about this topic; mostly to enlighten Nigeria bloggers about what SEO is and what SEO is not; I decided to interview a Nigerian pro-blogger about SEO and how he has been keeping up on his end as far s SEO is concerned.

If you don't know who Don Caprio is; then you're not yet in the system (You're not yet a blogger per se) because his blog won the best tech blog last year during the Nigerian blog Award festival.

During my interview, we spoke about the transitioning of his blog from doncaprio.com to geek.ng, we spoke about the challenges he faced, we spoke about his SEO effort, we spoke about what bloggers with little knowledge of SEO and low budget can do to kick off SEO campaign for their blog.

It's an exculsive interview, but I would list out the take home lessons from the interview on here. And Would write a short note on each of the lessons. If however, you're interested in reading the entire interview in Don's word, then you can please check the source for more information.

1. Choose the right domain: Don spoke about the important of choosing the right domain right from the start. He said; if he were to start blogging all over again; he would dedicate enough time to think about the right domain name for his blog.

Remember; that domain name is like your business name, and you won't just give you business any name. You would dedicate enough time to choose your domain name because it can make or mar your blogging career.

Although he didn't talk about using keywords in domain name; I have a blog post that covers that on my blog. you can head over to read more on that.

2. Quality Content: Don couldn't emphasize the importance of publishing quality blog post more. He said;
"Your links are quite useless with crappy content and bad site navigation"
So it is very important that you publish something worth reading and linking to before you start thinking about SEO. He shared more advice about publishing quality contents; check the full interview for more information on that.

3. OnPage SEO: He laid emphasize on the importance of onpage SEO. In case you don't know what onPage SEO means; it's all about site navigation, page speed, internal content linking and general blog design for easy usability by visitors. It also has to do with optimizing your blog for mobile users.

4. Avoid Spammy link: He spoke about the importance of getting quality back link over quantity. He gave a solid advice on DA (Domain Authority) and PA (Page Authority) when it comes to getting backlinks for your blog. You should read about this; if guest posting is one of your backlinking strategy.

5. Social Media: He said as a pro-blogger, if he's low on budget and he wants to get Google to notice his blog; he would invest in social media marketing for a short term result and SEO for long term result.

This summary does not do justice to the quality information embedded in this interview. If you would like to read the full excerpt; check the source.

http://www.oksprout.com/2015/12/link-building/
Re: SEO Isn't All About Link Building Like It Used To Be - Don Caprio (geek.ng) by BloggerAkash: 11:40am On Dec 05, 2015
I am Agree with you, today some people/blogger are thinking that blogging is all about SEO, i suggest my friends to focus more on Content of blog and right Keyword Research and i suggest them to build high authority right backlinks. also i want to share 25 Blogging Mistakes to avoid infographic
Re: SEO Isn't All About Link Building Like It Used To Be - Don Caprio (geek.ng) by Nobody: 1:26pm On Dec 05, 2015
i am not qualified to talk about seo for now because i have not much experience in it. however, i have been able to oust some of the big boys in my niche to some of the keywords. i usually have this sheepish grin on my face when i see some of my posts from my blog only six months old on the google's first page. although my traffic does not depend on them but it shows i am doing something right. content is key and watch that headline of yours

1 Like

Re: SEO Isn't All About Link Building Like It Used To Be - Don Caprio (geek.ng) by iwriterng(m): 1:32pm On Dec 05, 2015
radiokilla:
i am not qualified to talk about seo for now because i have not much experience in it. however, i have been able to oust some of the big boys in my niche to some of the keywords. i usually have this sheepish grin on my face when i see some of my posts from my blog only six months old on the google's first page. although my traffic does not depend on them but it shows i am doing something right. content is key and watch that headline of yours

You're right! Content is the key to dominating search engine result page. Most blog post on my long are in the leagues of 2000 words, stuffed with the right keyword both in the head tag and content.

Proper keyword research + well written content dictates about 40% of the Google ranking factor.

(1) (Reply)

Do You Suffer From Low Traffic on Your Blog? - This Is the Final Solution / Install Mmm Php Script / Effective Ways Of Increasing Adsense Earnings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.