Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,576 members, 7,812,873 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:07 PM

As A Blogger, You Can't Be As Rich As Linda Ikeji - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / As A Blogger, You Can't Be As Rich As Linda Ikeji (963 Views)

16 Benefits Of Dating A Blogger -9jaflaver / The Easiest Way To Be Rich As A Webmaster / Read This If You Are A Blogger Or Want To Be A Blogger (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

As A Blogger, You Can't Be As Rich As Linda Ikeji by BlogOxygen: 10:59am On Dec 04, 2015
Hello everyone, long time no write. Apologies to everyone who's been looking for BlogOxygen on this platform. We've had a lot to attend to.

BlogOxygen had a time out with some bloggers from the United States and they all knew who Linda Ikeji was and wanted to be like her - Financially of course.

I must point out that US and Australian bloggers are some of the 'real' bloggers. Real means they blog like they mean it and not like they are being forced. If they have any intention of making money from the blogs, they invest, hire blog managers and Content Providers like BlogOxygen and co. Not to shade bloggers from other countries but you almost can't beat their investment, zeal and determination in Blog Grooming.

The reply I gave to a client (US based blogger), who's now a friend is "As a blogger, you almost can't be as rich as Linda Ikeji." Before he had time to think I'm trying to demoralize him and spill out some negative energy, i quickly gave him five reasons and these reasons apply to almost every blogger; Nigerian bloggers especially since the set milestone is a Nigerian.

- Early Bird Technique: Only this reason is enough to know that you can't be as rich as Linda who's one of the richest solo bloggers in the world. She's been blogging since 2005 and 10 years doing something is not 10 months. It's one of the reasons no forum in Africa would ever stand toe-to-toe with Nairaland. Early bird technique would always create a gap.

- Full time dedication: I don't mean she doesn't eat, sleep or play. Of course she does other things but you're probably not looking at blogging as a lifetime profession while she already has that settled.

- Sharing of Interest: When you blog about what you love, you realize it thrives more than you expect. There are more celebrity and entertainment blogs in Nigeria than any other niche and this is not only due to laziness. It's also cos some bloggers feel those in the entertainment niche makes more money than others. This is not only amusing but makes me question how informed the blogger was before setting out to start a blog.

- Larger Team: Just so you know, Linda ikeji pays some people to update her blog and sort her emails. That's why she can afford to be on a 20 hour flight from Nigeria to the US and her blog still gets updated; and she'll still attend to the numerous business mails she gets on a daily basis. of course you can hire a team and that brings us to the last point.

- Investments: Fine, you might say she just recently changed from . and she has a dull looking cliche blog but money isn't the greatest investment in any business - Time is. You'll almost never beat that except you ignore every other thing and blog 24/7. Money could make up for that if you hire a team of blog managers but isn't she also doing that already? How much can you pay your team that she can't pay double?

This post isn't to discourage any blogger but to tell all the bloggers with a cut-out picture of Linda ikeji in her mansion stapled to the edge of their beds to be realistic. You can't get to that level except you're willing to pay the price. Payment is in form of TIME and MONEY. One without the other isn't really likely to work.

Have a nice weekend and more grease to your elbow.

Cheers!

www.BlogOxygen.com

Send a mail to contact@blogoxygen.com for any inquiries or site related issues.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: As A Blogger, You Can't Be As Rich As Linda Ikeji by DOCTORDONE: 11:03am On Dec 04, 2015
You've said it all.
Re: As A Blogger, You Can't Be As Rich As Linda Ikeji by Warlord3000(m): 12:51pm On Dec 04, 2015
Topic sound somehow..

But the entire article more than make up for it...

Good read I must say wink
Re: As A Blogger, You Can't Be As Rich As Linda Ikeji by meemeee: 1:20pm On Dec 04, 2015
Maybe the topic should be edited to encourage more people to read this article..my own opinion
Re: As A Blogger, You Can't Be As Rich As Linda Ikeji by directonpc(m): 1:38pm On Dec 04, 2015
Nice write up blog oxygen.
Am trying something new too you can check it out on Google play store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.buildbrothers.pngates
Re: As A Blogger, You Can't Be As Rich As Linda Ikeji by emmalexdboy(m): 3:04pm On Dec 04, 2015
You've just hit the nail on the head. Your post actually summarizes the harsh realities of blogging that most so called "gurus" will never admit.

Blogging takes a lot of hardwork, patience and sometimes investment.
Keep it up, bro.
Re: As A Blogger, You Can't Be As Rich As Linda Ikeji by Dmayor7(m): 9:42pm On Dec 04, 2015
BlogOxygen:
You can't get to that level except you're willing to pay the price. Payment is in form of TIME and MONEY. One without the other isn't really likely to work.

It can't just be emphasized more than this!
Re: As A Blogger, You Can't Be As Rich As Linda Ikeji by BlogOxygen: 1:13pm On Dec 07, 2015
Thanks for your comments. I think the topic is better left as it is. Bloggers need to aim here and be realistic at the same time. Cheers!
Re: As A Blogger, You Can't Be As Rich As Linda Ikeji by EntclassBlog(m): 10:12pm On Dec 07, 2015
BlogOxygen:
Thanks for your comments. I think the topic is better left as it is. Bloggers need to aim here and be realistic at the same time. Cheers!
Thumbs up!!!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

My New Wordpress Blog On Classic Cars In Nigeria / Help Needed With Setting Up A Profitable Blog. / Difference Between .com.ng And .com, .ng

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.