Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,417 members, 7,850,477 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 10:21 PM

Updating A Website Regularly & Easily, How? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Updating A Website Regularly & Easily, How? (635 Views)

Help With Updating Webpage / "Blogging"-how Did Bloggers Cope With Nigeria Electricity In Updating Their Site / Admin/moderator Needed At [b]naijazoom.com[/b] For Updating The Site Regularly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Updating A Website Regularly & Easily, How? by DrAyo1(m): 12:51pm On May 30, 2009
Can any kind one there help on updating a website regularly without necessarily editing and uploading the site manually (reference to using the db with it will be appreciated)
Re: Updating A Website Regularly & Easily, How? by bug24(m): 7:01pm On May 30, 2009
thats talking about CONTENT MANAGEMENT SYSTEM. (CMS)
The website might need to be redesigned.
We could do this for you.
email: admin at ipageng.com
or call 08036885585
Re: Updating A Website Regularly & Easily, How? by segsalerty(m): 8:00pm On May 30, 2009
i can help with that buddie , your website need lil editing (connection to the DB ) and i'll help develop an admin page which will work as the content manager of your site !
just holla me on IM , segsalerty@yahoo.com
we can chat or just send me an email to segun@segsalerty.com
Re: Updating A Website Regularly & Easily, How? by biggjoe(m): 8:59pm On May 30, 2009
Display the contents of your page from a database which you u can easily update from forms.

thats the joke.
Re: Updating A Website Regularly & Easily, How? by segsalerty(m): 9:02pm On May 30, 2009
@bigjoe
nice joke ,  so very easy ,  can you pls help with the with the codes here , if not , atleast explain in details your Idea/joke?
Re: Updating A Website Regularly & Easily, How? by biggjoe(m): 8:29pm On May 31, 2009
segsalerty:

@bigjoe
nice joke ,  so very easy ,  can you pls help with the with the codes here , if not , atleast explain in details your Idea/joke?

Something makes me think you are not only looking for the joke/idea, you gave out your email asking him to holla. Maybe you dont believe i know much about what i am saying. But thats just may be.

You believe you are the only one who can do it?

@ Poster,
As for the Joke, it is as simple as designing the page layout the way you want it displayed, create database tables, then on your pages create variables that holds your content and these contents will be pulled from the database.
The database contents can then be modified from forms that submits to a page with update statements to change the database contents whenever you wish to change anything.

I have to explain some detail/joke to the poster and not because segsalerty asked me to because he probably knows what i need to say he only wants to know if I CAN say it.

Thats one thing that makes the nairaland webmasters forum different from other forums I visit.
In most forums I visit, when a newbie comes up with a question, other people who knows better comes up with instant suggestions, posting the codes or asking the poster to post the codes he/she is working with so that it will be easier to help.

But in here, when anyone comes with a question people will start sending their phone numbers and email; to me, thats not the best way to do it.

Most of us here learned the much we can do from online forums so, why cant we help others instead of sending our emails and phone number.

Re: Updating A Website Regularly & Easily, How? by segsalerty(m): 9:06pm On May 31, 2009
uhmm tongue
Re: Updating A Website Regularly & Easily, How? by Nobody: 2:54am On Jun 01, 2009
youu have a point biggie
Re: Updating A Website Regularly & Easily, How? by Nobody: 7:57am On Jun 01, 2009
I chose to sit on the fence. . .
Re: Updating A Website Regularly & Easily, How? by Nobody: 5:06pm On Jun 01, 2009
i just hope you dont sit on ur eggs
Re: Updating A Website Regularly & Easily, How? by mavtrevor3: 5:57pm On Jun 01, 2009
Ahhhhhh, na whao. Cms could be installed from your cpanel fantastico and your content management could become easier for you. Better still display your content from a db.
Re: Updating A Website Regularly & Easily, How? by segsalerty(m): 7:33pm On Jun 01, 2009
e be like say he go better make me too sit on the fence oooo
Re: Updating A Website Regularly & Easily, How? by Nobody: 10:44am On Jun 02, 2009
I will opt for db, berra than updating flat files anyway [am still on the fence]
Re: Updating A Website Regularly & Easily, How? by quadrillio(m): 12:57pm On Jun 02, 2009
@DHTML
please don't fall ooo, cos you've been staying on that fence for too long, lol

and of cos I'll prefer to use the DB.

I joining DHTML on the fence lol
Re: Updating A Website Regularly & Easily, How? by segsalerty(m): 1:13pm On Jun 02, 2009
uhmm
Re: Updating A Website Regularly & Easily, How? by mavtrevor3: 6:58pm On Jun 02, 2009
I guess alot of us both the ones on the fence here will agree that using the db will be a better option, its just as easy as abcd to edit the content of your site from the db.

(1) (Reply)

Jquery Issues / This Is Not Exactly The Best Photo For Publishing On The Web / Weebly Rocks Check It Out.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.