Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,252 members, 7,836,179 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:09 PM

A Must Read For All! - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / A Must Read For All! (1648 Views)

10 Highest Paying Jobs In Nigeria(must Read For All Graduates) / A Life Touching Story. A Must Read For All / 5 Benefits Of Using Jobberman Free CV Evaluation: A Must Read For Job Seekers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Must Read For All! by indoorlove(m): 3:01pm On Dec 04, 2015
JOB REALITIES

You just have to read this. It’s interesting.
One day you will lose your job! Either by choice or by force! One day you will have to go away from that place you have been going and coming from for however long it has taken you. In life, everything has a start and an end, there is a day to born and a day to die, a day to begin and a day to end. Those who live the highest quality of life are those who live today with an eye on their end. The greatest liberation any human can ever experience is when his/her fears don’t hold him/her back. The same way that dying makes living exciting, the same way the thought of the day we’ll lose our jobs, should make you spend the time you currently have wisely!
I have heard of GMs, SMs, Ds who lived in big houses, drove the flashiest cars end up as high-class beggars and mere social and political commentators. Why? Because while they were on their jobs, they thought erroneously that it would last forever. They did not know that the end was nearer than far. While they carried buckets, they considered the act of stooping to build pipes too low for them. Some of them left their jobs with huge bank balances, but the entrepreneurial way, which has no respect for years of experience dealt them a knock out in the early rounds of their ventures. Some of them were thieves, what they got was stolen and it went the way of stolen funds. The words I write to you today, will stand firm as judgment for your future, if you ever live less than what you were created to do! When your life can be summarized by a routine that does not have a date of escape, you are like the children of Israel who kept on cycling round a mountain instead of making progress. Stop hiding incompetence or inability to add value behind a company logo. Start exposing yourself and getting yourself set for when you will lose your job. Mark my words, the first showers of the great storms is all that we have seen, many who are comfortable today will beg tomorrow. Many who are not developing skills today will be slaves tomorrow, and many who have ill gotten money today will be needy tomorrow. The storm is coming, let who is wise join the company of Noah in the Ark of deliverance that is being built and let the fools scorn and laugh. He who laughs last, laughs best.

1. Do not steal!
Whatever money you make by fraudulence, by taking what does not belong to you, by playing on your employers’ intelligence will not last, no matter what you use it to do. Some people refute this perspective and say they can use the stolen funds to buy assets, build houses, invest in shares or other companies, if you care to know the truth, every activity you participate in is seed for your tomorrow and a harvest of your past. Ill gotten wealth is like a caterpillar; it looks like all it can do is crawl until it develops into a butterfly and flies. Be honorable, better a broke employee living within his/her means than a successful, wealthy employee with questionable resources. Life has it’s way of bringing the harvest - with loss, death, calamities etc If you have stolen before or are currently stealing, don’t just repent, go and make it right.

2. Get a life!
If most of your friends are in your office, you are being sucked into the maze. Don’t get yourself stuck with the same people you work with for the best hours of your life. Go prospecting for friends that are different from you, go for some clearly better than you, don’t have friends by accident, don’t be chosen, choose. Experts say you should watch the people you hang out with most, your life will end plus or minus 10% of their life! Financially and otherwise, your life gravitates to a region slightly below or above the life’s of your friends. It’s not how much you have in your account that always counts, it’s who you have access to that matters more.

3. Have Options!
Many people are slaves to their employment and their bosses, not because it’s so enjoyable but because they do not have options. They have a few other things they are doing but they are not sure of any of them. Their existence as corporate biggies makes majority only look for deals that are already big. Unknown to many, if you start big, when the storms of life hit you hard and take you down, you will need to beg to start big, but if you start small, you can always start all over again! Get options, be willing to start with nothing, be willing to start small. Don’t disqualify anything as below you, you earn 7 digits(NGN) per month today true, but if it all will stop when you lose your job, you are gambling with your future. Stop, think, ask questions. Venture, dare, take risks. You will lose some and you will win some. If you are willing to lose long enough, you will win long enough. There are people not as bright as you, not as opportune as you doing more with their lives, look outside the window of your office, once in a while.
4. Learn!
Invest in knowledge. Empty your pocket to fill your head, and your head will fill your pocket. Learn like knowledge is running out of fashion. Read books, watch interesting history, attend seminars organized by people who have seen things different from you, learn from experience, others and yours, get a mentor. Do whatever you need to do within ethical boundaries, but by all means learn! Empty bags can’t stand tall, empty heads can’t be confident. Wisdom, which is the application of accumulated knowledge, makes a man’s face to shine. Your confidence level is an indication of the stuff that you have. If whatever you are doing doesn’t give you an opportunity to learn, run! Take your life off the flames!

5. Give Exceptionally.

I have found out in life, that those who have the propensity to give the most, get wealth the most. The universe is set up by God based on principles, and the principles cannot be broken. If you give, you will reap it somewhere in your future. If you don’t faint in doing good, you will be rewarded! Don’t wait until you are stinking rich before you begin to give scholarships, sponsor students, take care of orphans or contribute to worthy courses. Start now, before you lose your job! What you will regret in this life is not how much you should have gotten, but how much value you could have added, how much a difference you could have made, and what else you could have done! Don’t work like a slowpoke - going and coming and going and coming without leaving a lasting impact on your world. Give yourself and give of yourself!

PLEASE NOTE: THIS IS NOT MY WRITE UP. I CAME ACROSS THIS PIECE ON THE INTERNET AND TAUGHT OF SHARING IT.

5 Likes 6 Shares

Re: A Must Read For All! by PRISTINEMUSCLES: 6:10pm On Dec 04, 2015
This post is so timely. This is so nice enough to kickstart 2016 and beyond.
Re: A Must Read For All! by amicable09(f): 6:47pm On Dec 04, 2015
This is just it! Well done OP, I love this... thanks for sharing cheesy.
Brb... Will highlight the most interesting points wink

1 Like

Re: A Must Read For All! by beejah(m): 10:02pm On Dec 06, 2015
Wonderful post OP, thanks for sharing
Re: A Must Read For All! by lovethchioma(f): 7:42am On Dec 07, 2015
This Is an Interesting one @op.
Let me talk about GIVING
I remember when I was serving, I had to cater for my younger ones with my NYSC allowance. I had to manage and sacrifice so that the money would be enough.
This didnt stop me from also contributing to any project that was ongoin in NCCF because I was part of that family. I always love to give if am in the position to do so.
Despite all the responsibilities, I never for once slept hungry during my service because God always provided.

*fast forward to after nysc. I expected that, I wont look for Job for long because I always give, not minding how I was going to survive. But till now, i'm still job hunting.
I even applied to NITDA scholarship for my M.SC and I went for the exam too. Since the Job was not forth coming maybe I should just further my studies. The only way for me to further is through scholarship because I don't have the money to sponsor myself now. But I didnt get the scholarship.
I became fustrated and depressed. I have people looking up to me. I have responsibilities to take care of but no finance to do that. Most times I ask God questions.
But, i have learnt a lot in this waiting period. Which are- patience, to never loose hope and trust in God.
*I have never regretted giving the little I had, even though I was not sure what life after nysc holds.

Would I still give and help others should God bless me today? Oh yes, because I find fulfillment in doing that.

Now, I am writing this to give someone hope out there. You not alone. Just hold on. Things will become well again.
Do not get involved with crime. Just to make ends meet. There's dignity in labour.
I believe God is bringing helpers my way soon.
Btw Shiloh starts tomorrow. Make sure you attend. Your miracle awaits. Remain Bless.

2 Likes

Re: A Must Read For All! by indoorlove(m): 8:17am On Dec 07, 2015
beejah:
Wonderful post OP, thanks for sharing
you are welcome sis.
Re: A Must Read For All! by indoorlove(m): 8:25am On Dec 07, 2015
amicable09:
This is just it! Well done OP, I love this... thanks for sharing cheesy.
Brb... Will highlight the most interesting points wink
great, i think post like this should make front page for more read.
Re: A Must Read For All! by rugggedest(m): 9:10am On Dec 07, 2015
RUGGGEDEST
Re: A Must Read For All! by amicable09(f): 3:19pm On Dec 07, 2015
indoorlove:
great, i think post like this should make front page for more read.
You are so right! Let's dial Lalasticlala or Ishilove's number...

Ring, ring...
Re: A Must Read For All! by kaysunnex: 3:28pm On Dec 07, 2015
Nice one OP

I think i will have to print this out and paste it on my wall in my room.

No time for nonsense in 2016.
Re: A Must Read For All! by yorex2011: 7:07pm On Dec 07, 2015
lovethchioma:
Let me talk about GIVING
I remember when I was serving, I had to cater for my younger ones with my NYSC allowance. I had to manage and sacrifice so that the money would be enough.
This didnt stop me from also contributing to any project that was ongoin in NCCF because I was part of that family. I always love to give if am in the position to do so.
Despite all the responsibilities, I never for once slept hungry during my service because God always provided.

*fast forward to after nysc. I expected that, I wont look for Job for long because I always give, not minding how I was going to survive. But till now, i'm still job hunting.
I even applied to NITDA scholarship for my M.SC and I went for the exam too. Since the Job was not forth coming maybe I should just further my studies. The only way for me to further is through scholarship because I don't have the money to sponsor myself now. But I didnt get the scholarship.
I became fustrated and depressed. I have people looking up to me. I have responsibilities to take care of but no finance to do that. Most times I ask God questions.
But, i have learnt a lot in this waiting period. Which are- patience, to never loose hope and trust in God.
*I have never regretted giving the little I had, even though I was not sure what life after nysc holds.

Would I still give and help others should God bless me today? Oh yes, because I find fulfillment in doing that.

Now, I am writing this to give someone hope out there. You not alone. Just hold on. Things will become well again.
Do not get involved with crime. Just to make ends meet. There's dignity in labour.
Btw Shiloh starts tomorrow. Make sure you attend. Your miracle awaits. Remain Bless.

Its great to see people who still have such mindset as yours... I'm also in your shoes too but i am super certain that before long things would work out very well in my favour.. Wish you all the best

One of my major strengths is my emotional intelligence and empathy.. I am a helper and a giver, its been a way of life since i was a kid (i thank my parents for that). Most times when i do things, i think of tomorrow, how it could affect me and that guides my actions.

Not many people understand life and the secrets to it.. I'm glad to have understood at quite a young age
I'm not blowing any trumpet here o.. Noone knows me.. I'm just saying things as i see them

God bless all yall

1 Like

Re: A Must Read For All! by lovethchioma(f): 10:25pm On Dec 07, 2015
yorex2011:

Its great to see people who still have such mindset as yours... I'm also in your shoes too but i am super certain that before long things would work out very well in my favour.. Wish you all the best

One of my major strengths is my emotional intelligence and empathy.. I am a helper and a giver, its been a way of life since i was a kid (i thank my parents for that). Most times when i do things, i think of tomorrow, how it could affect me and that guides my actions.

Not many people understand life and the secrets to it.. I'm glad to have understood at quite a young age
I'm not blowing any trumpet here o.. Noone knows me.. I'm just saying things as i see them

God bless all yall

AMEN DEAR.
GOD WILL SURELY DO IT FOR US
Re: A Must Read For All! by brainzdh(m): 12:40am On Dec 08, 2015
lovethchioma:
Let me talk about GIVING

Na ya mama born you, your head dey house well well.
Re: A Must Read For All! by lovethchioma(f): 7:55am On Dec 08, 2015
brainzdh:

Na ya mama born you, your head dey house well well.
Thanks smiley

(1) (Reply)

Help! Should I Quit My Job For This Reason?? / Online Courses For Job Creation And Personal Development. / Can You Manage This Part Time Home Base Viable Biz As Your Second Salary ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.