Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,160 members, 7,815,041 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:52 AM

Biblical King Hezekiah's Seal Discovered By Archaeologists In A Dumpsite - CNN - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Biblical King Hezekiah's Seal Discovered By Archaeologists In A Dumpsite - CNN (2291 Views)

Archaeologists Find Gates Of Hell In Saudi Arabia / Prophet Hezekiah Oladeji Announced As The General Evangelist Of C.A.C Worldwide / Photos : 2,700 Year Old Private Seal Of The Biblical King Hezekiah Unearthed ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Biblical King Hezekiah's Seal Discovered By Archaeologists In A Dumpsite - CNN by Macelliot(m): 6:37pm On Dec 04, 2015
A piece of clay
inscribed with the
2,700-year-old seal of
King Hezekiah found in Jerusalem.
The seal was probably
used by the King himself, according to
experts (CNN)

A dump site is the last place you would expect to find an 8th
century B.C. seal for a
papyrus document signed by one of the kings of Judah.
Perhaps that's why it has taken 2,700 years for the piece of clay inscribed with King Hezekiah's seal
to be discovered in
Jerusalem.
It is believed to be the
first-ever seal -- also
referred to as a "bulla" -- from an Israeli or Judean
King to be discovered by archaeologists.
"The seal of the king was so important. It could have been a matter of life or death, so it's hard to
believe that anyone else had the permission to use
the seal," Eilat Mazar, who directs excavations at the
City of David's summit, told CNN.
"Therefore, it's very
reasonable to assume we are talking about an impression made by the King himself, using his own ring.
This confirms the belief that biblical events that occur some thousands of year ago are true...

http://edition.cnn.com/2015/12/03/middleeast/king-hezekiah-royal-seal/index.html
Re: Biblical King Hezekiah's Seal Discovered By Archaeologists In A Dumpsite - CNN by Macelliot(m): 6:40pm On Dec 04, 2015
Macelliot: Where are the atheists who claims that the biblical events are all myths?
Atheists thinks they are so intelligent and enlightened while they despise others...
Re: Biblical King Hezekiah's Seal Discovered By Archaeologists In A Dumpsite - CNN by Tallesty1(m): 6:43pm On Dec 04, 2015
That's Nice
Re: Biblical King Hezekiah's Seal Discovered By Archaeologists In A Dumpsite - CNN by eposho: 6:49pm On Dec 04, 2015
So we are supposed to believe this based on the archeologist ASSUMPTION. Read btw the lines his assumption proves Nada. So come again mister.
Re: Biblical King Hezekiah's Seal Discovered By Archaeologists In A Dumpsite - CNN by Dolypson04(m): 6:56pm On Dec 04, 2015
Since Noah's ark was discovered on mount Ararat in Turkey. I have always believed more in biblical events. It is chronological with event dates well documented unlike that other book solely between an angel and one man. Fact. No offence!
Re: Biblical King Hezekiah's Seal Discovered By Archaeologists In A Dumpsite - CNN by johnydon22(m): 6:57pm On Dec 04, 2015
eposho:
So we are supposed to believe this based on the archeologist ASSUMPTION. Read btw the lines his assumption proves Nada. So come again mister.

If it is confirmed by the archeological community then it is a very good development..

It will help more to make out the actual history of the Hebrews which is nice...

Its a nice development...

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Biblical King Hezekiah's Seal Discovered By Archaeologists In A Dumpsite - CNN by johnydon22(m): 7:02pm On Dec 04, 2015
Dolypson04:
Since Noah's ark was discovered on mount Ararat in Turkey
Bro no Noah's ark was discovered on any mountain in turkey.. The Noah's flood story is a younger version of an older sumerian flood story found in Epic of Gilgamesh and Ziusudra

. I have always believed more in biblical events. It is chronological with event dates well documented unlike that other book solely between an angel and one man. Fact. No offence!

Troy and Greece were actual bronze age civilizations in this planet with archeological back up... That doesn't make the story of Odysseus travelling to tartarus true as recorded in Homers Iliad or Perseus having a flying horse.

Mount Olympus is an actual mountain in Greece even till today remains the tallest mountain in greece.. (Hellinistic greeks believed it was the abode of Zeus and the Gods)

that mount Olympus is an actual mountain doesn't make the claim of Zeus and other Hellenistic Gods living on it true..

so learn the difference between myths within an actual setting..

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Biblical King Hezekiah's Seal Discovered By Archaeologists In A Dumpsite - CNN by hahn(m): 7:02pm On Dec 04, 2015
Macelliot:

Atheists thinks they are so intelligent and enlightened while they despise others...

You mean atheists despise theists as much as theists despise themselves? undecided

Take for example the crusades that saw the murder of lots of jews and muslims as well as countless verses in the bible where god commanded killing, rape, theft and looting on supposed "enemies" of Israel. And don't forget the recent beheading and killing of Christians by Muslims. No one despises theists more than themselves. Get your facts right undecided
Re: Biblical King Hezekiah's Seal Discovered By Archaeologists In A Dumpsite - CNN by hahn(m): 7:03pm On Dec 04, 2015
johnydon22:
Bro no Noah's ark was discovered on any mountain in turkey.. The Noah's flood story is a younger version of an older sumerian flood story found in Epic of Gilgamesh and Ziusudra

[/i][/b]

I actually saw a video of this a while back but I am not so sure about the authenticity of it
Re: Biblical King Hezekiah's Seal Discovered By Archaeologists In A Dumpsite - CNN by johnydon22(m): 7:14pm On Dec 04, 2015
hahn:

I actually saw a video of this a while back but I am not so sure about the authenticity of it
Sumerian flood deluge predates every other by almost 1000years..

Its actually exactly the same motif, style and theme with that of Noah the only difference is that the God in this case is Ea and the man is Gilgamesh and the sumerians wrote theirs even before there was anything like Isreal or jews.

And Ea over heard other Gods plotting to flood the whole earth not he himself wanted to flood it..

You can find the flood myths from every culture here https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flood_myth..

I have an e-book of Gilgamesh epic too ... its a nice book..

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Biblical King Hezekiah's Seal Discovered By Archaeologists In A Dumpsite - CNN by hahn(m): 7:16pm On Dec 04, 2015
johnydon22:

Its actually exactly the same motif, style and theme with that of Noah the only difference is that the God in this case is Ea and the man is Gilgamesh.

And Ea over heard other Gods plotting to flood the whole earth not he himself wanted to flood it..

You can find the flood myths from every culture here https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flood_myth..

I am well aware of that bro or have you forgotten I am your student? grin

I just mean that I saw a video regarding the ark. That's all
Re: Biblical King Hezekiah's Seal Discovered By Archaeologists In A Dumpsite - CNN by hahn(m): 7:17pm On Dec 04, 2015
johnydon22:

Its actually exactly the same motif, style and theme with that of Noah the only difference is that the God in this case is Ea and the man is Gilgamesh and the sumerians wrote theirs even before there was anything like Isreal or jews.

Meanwhile, please send the ebook to me @ soh.8686@yahoo.com
Re: Biblical King Hezekiah's Seal Discovered By Archaeologists In A Dumpsite - CNN by johnydon22(m): 7:21pm On Dec 04, 2015
hahn:

I am well aware of that bro or have you forgotten I am your student? grin

I just mean that I saw a video regarding the ark. That's all

Lol.. it was a Geographical weathering..

those are rocks not wood and wood don't fossilize.. Apologists will sell just about anything these days..

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Biblical King Hezekiah's Seal Discovered By Archaeologists In A Dumpsite - CNN by johnydon22(m): 7:22pm On Dec 04, 2015
hahn:

Meanwhile, please send the ebook to me @ soh.8686@yahoo.com
Sure do...
Re: Biblical King Hezekiah's Seal Discovered By Archaeologists In A Dumpsite - CNN by hahn(m): 7:25pm On Dec 04, 2015
johnydon22:

Lol.. it was a Geographical weathering..

those are rocks not wood and wood don't fossilize.. Apologists will sell just about anything these days..

I saw a video with archaeologists in the ship. Well, who cares anyway undecided
Re: Biblical King Hezekiah's Seal Discovered By Archaeologists In A Dumpsite - CNN by Nobody: 7:25pm On Dec 04, 2015
How desperate of christian archeologist. Oh they finally found something! The ark of Noah? Oh its only a seal which could have belonged to anyone.

Meanwhile I'm enjoying this book. The original stories of the fake stories in the bible

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biblical King Hezekiah's Seal Discovered By Archaeologists In A Dumpsite - CNN by hahn(m): 7:28pm On Dec 04, 2015
1feness:
How desperate of christian archeologist. Oh they finally found something! The ark of Noah? Oh its only a seal which could have belonged to anyone.

Lol. So, what happened to your other moniker?
Re: Biblical King Hezekiah's Seal Discovered By Archaeologists In A Dumpsite - CNN by Nobody: 7:32pm On Dec 04, 2015
hahn:

Lol. So, what happened to your other moniker?

Someone reported me for being anti-yahweh and I noticed I couldn't sign again . I have no clue how it happened honestly. I had to create this one and I'm trying to be less radical.
Re: Biblical King Hezekiah's Seal Discovered By Archaeologists In A Dumpsite - CNN by kossyablaze(m): 7:33pm On Dec 04, 2015
Awesome
Re: Biblical King Hezekiah's Seal Discovered By Archaeologists In A Dumpsite - CNN by obinnashady(m): 7:34pm On Dec 04, 2015
Atheists how far?
Re: Biblical King Hezekiah's Seal Discovered By Archaeologists In A Dumpsite - CNN by hahn(m): 7:36pm On Dec 04, 2015
1feness:

Someone reported me for being anti-yahweh and I noticed I couldn't sign again . I have no clue how it happened honestly. I had to create this one and I'm trying to be less radical.

Lol. But Seun himself is anti Yahweh or so I heard
Re: Biblical King Hezekiah's Seal Discovered By Archaeologists In A Dumpsite - CNN by Nobody: 7:38pm On Dec 04, 2015
hahn:

Lol. But Seun himself is anti Yahweh or so I heard

It might be one of the christian moderators. Perhaps someone hacked into my account and deactivated.
Re: Biblical King Hezekiah's Seal Discovered By Archaeologists In A Dumpsite - CNN by hahn(m): 7:39pm On Dec 04, 2015
1feness:

It might be one of the christian moderators. Perhaps someone hacked into my account and deactivated.

You don start abi? tongue
Re: Biblical King Hezekiah's Seal Discovered By Archaeologists In A Dumpsite - CNN by Nobody: 7:41pm On Dec 04, 2015
hahn:

You don start abi? tongue

I'm very gentle now smiley
Re: Biblical King Hezekiah's Seal Discovered By Archaeologists In A Dumpsite - CNN by hahn(m): 7:43pm On Dec 04, 2015
1feness:

I'm very gentle now smiley

tongue
Re: Biblical King Hezekiah's Seal Discovered By Archaeologists In A Dumpsite - CNN by Nobody: 7:47pm On Dec 04, 2015
hahn:

tongue

Thanks to science and technology they cannot stop me.

1 Like

Re: Biblical King Hezekiah's Seal Discovered By Archaeologists In A Dumpsite - CNN by hahn(m): 7:51pm On Dec 04, 2015
1feness:

Thanks to science and technology they cannot stop me.

You actually need to thank god o. All 4,000 of them grin
Re: Biblical King Hezekiah's Seal Discovered By Archaeologists In A Dumpsite - CNN by Nobody: 7:53pm On Dec 04, 2015
hahn:

You actually need to thank god o. All 4,000 of them grin

Trust me,we must thank them for abandoning the planet to us humans.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biblical King Hezekiah's Seal Discovered By Archaeologists In A Dumpsite - CNN by eposho: 8:29pm On Dec 04, 2015
1feness:

really in this day and age. anti yahweh
Re: Biblical King Hezekiah's Seal Discovered By Archaeologists In A Dumpsite - CNN by dalaman: 9:20pm On Dec 04, 2015
johnydon22:

Troy and Greece were actual bronze age civilizations in this planet with archeological back up... That doesn't make the story of Odysseus travelling to tartarus true as recorded in Homers Iliad or Perseus having a flying horse.
Mount Olympus is an actual mountain in Greece even till today remains the tallest mountain in greece.. (Hellinistic greeks believed it was the abode of Zeus and the Gods)
that mount Olympus is an actual mountain doesn't make the claim of Zeus and other Hellenistic Gods living on it true..
so learn the difference between myths within an actual setting..

Same thing I was telling KingEbukasBlog on the other thread but he kept going on and on. These guys are so deluded that they can't understand simple things.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Biblical King Hezekiah's Seal Discovered By Archaeologists In A Dumpsite - CNN by Nobody: 9:26pm On Dec 04, 2015
No mod will send this to front page. If it is one bad news involving a pastor naaaaaa
Re: Biblical King Hezekiah's Seal Discovered By Archaeologists In A Dumpsite - CNN by hahn(m): 9:57pm On Dec 04, 2015
Mee234:
No mod will send this to front page. If it is one bad news involving a pastor naaaaaa

Either way you look at it this news is of no significance to Africans as a whole. You should be more concerned about discovering remains of the old Benin or Ife empire or artifacts from Sango's reign. Even the Israelis are amused by our gullibility and the way we lick the ass of their dead ancestors. Real and fictional undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Bible Meme Story / Why Are Nigerian Churches So Greedy? / Mrs Fish And Illuminati

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.