Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,873 members, 7,828,111 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:06 AM

What The Hell Is Happening In This Photo Of Dead Snakes - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / What The Hell Is Happening In This Photo Of Dead Snakes (749 Views)

Snakes Killed By My Dad And I (Black Spitting Cobra & Ball Python) / 7 Reasons We Should Stop Killing Snakes / Little Children Pose With Dead Snakes During Christmas In Edo. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What The Hell Is Happening In This Photo Of Dead Snakes by wizzy2015: 6:56am On Dec 05, 2015
Welcome to your worst nightmare with snake-eating snakes.
No one can be certain how two dead snakes became embedded together. One thing we can be certain about is that this is Australia and anything is possible.
Farm manager Geoff Mitchell from Griffith snapped this horrendous photo of two snakes either in the throes of passion or eating each other alive. The two snakes appear to have been run over by a vehicle, rendering them both deceased, before the photo was snapped.
This meant that there were more questions than answers, with the main ones being: Is the black snake eating its way out of the brown snake? And, what does that mean for life in general?
Mitchell said he was shocked at the terrifying sight. "I couldn't believe what I was seeing! It was incredible!" he toldMashable Australiavia Facebook.
"I was driving along a dirt road next to a canal and saw a tangle of snake in the road. I stopped to have a look, grabbed my camera and took the photos," he said. "Both snakes were dead. It looks like the brown snake was eating the black snake. And somehow the black snake had 'punched' it's way out of the black snake."
Mitchell said he went back to retrieve it so he could get an expert's opinion, but by the time he returned it had gone. He thinks it may be the result of something more natural than a snake-eating snake, such as a a hawk or a raptor making a hole in the snake's side causing the black snake to burst out.
"I have thought about it quite a bit and think that the brown snake was eating the black snake when it was attacked by some bird of prey who made a hole in its side through, which the half swallowed snake was able to get out, but this resulted in the death of both snakes," he said.

See the photo here http://sureinfobase..com/2015/12/what-hell-is-happening-in-this-photo-of.html
Re: What The Hell Is Happening In This Photo Of Dead Snakes by xreal: 7:00am On Dec 05, 2015
where is the pic? I will not click on that link.
Re: What The Hell Is Happening In This Photo Of Dead Snakes by BaddieKay(f): 7:14am On Dec 05, 2015
Post the pix here joor
Re: What The Hell Is Happening In This Photo Of Dead Snakes by Emac34: 7:34am On Dec 05, 2015
U frecky punk where ar the pix

(1) (Reply)

Fire Outbreak At Igbo-efon Lekki Now / See What An Angry Wife Did To Her Husband's Alleged Lover (photo) / VIDEO: Bread Seller Accidentally Captured On TY Bello's Street Shoot Found

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.