Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,286 members, 7,811,850 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:14 PM

Nairaland's No.1 Rice Producer. 1,000 bags of rice. From now to March 2017 - Agriculture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Nairaland's No.1 Rice Producer. 1,000 bags of rice. From now to March 2017 (11076 Views)

In View (pictures): A 2,000 Bags Capacity Garri Processing Factory At Ogun State / Made In Nigeria Rice From Niger & Kebi States (Photos) / Nigeria To Begin Exporting Rice From Kebbi State(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland's No.1 Rice Producer. 1,000 bags of rice. From now to March 2017 by billyG(m): 4:41pm On Oct 13, 2016
Nice1 but why polish d rice,thereby removing d nutritious protein,vitamins & minerals.
Re: Nairaland's No.1 Rice Producer. 1,000 bags of rice. From now to March 2017 by Mykellio: 8:59pm On Oct 13, 2016
billyG:
Nice1 but why polish d rice,thereby removing d nutritious protein,vitamins & minerals.

Well.. I am quite impressed to find that you are knowledgeable enough to know that polishing can erode the key nutrients in rice. However, we are careful to ensure that, it is done at a reasonable level to improve "face" value of the rice.

We look forward to receiving your order billyG
Re: Nairaland's No.1 Rice Producer. 1,000 bags of rice. From now to March 2017 by billyG(m): 8:05am On Oct 14, 2016
Mykellio:

Well.. I am quite impressed to find that you are knowledgeable enough to know that polishing can erode the key nutrients in rice. However, we are careful to ensure that, it is done at a reasonable level to improve "face" value of the rice.

We look forward to receiving your order billyG
I know that fact when i am in Jss 3,not 2talk of M.SC in nutrition.
Re: Nairaland's No.1 Rice Producer. 1,000 bags of rice. From now to March 2017 by Mykellio: 9:28am On Oct 24, 2016
Start placing your orders now!!!
Re: Nairaland's No.1 Rice Producer. 1,000 bags of rice. From now to March 2017 by Mykellio: 9:57am On Oct 25, 2016
The rush will soon start.. Make hay while the sun shines.
Re: Nairaland's No.1 Rice Producer. 1,000 bags of rice. From now to March 2017 by AdetoroBukola: 3:31pm On Oct 25, 2016
Good afternoon, pls do you have short grains? and how much is your 50kg currently? I stayed in mowe.
Re: Nairaland's No.1 Rice Producer. 1,000 bags of rice. From now to March 2017 by Mykellio: 5:34pm On Oct 25, 2016
AdetoroBukola:
Good afternoon, pls do you have short grains? and how much is your 50kg currently? I stayed in mowe.

We have both long grain and medium grain sizes. And the prices are stated. The Nigerian long grain is a bit shorter than Thai long grain rice. The medium grain should suit your taste.

Thanks for the interest.
Re: Nairaland's No.1 Rice Producer. 1,000 bags of rice. From now to March 2017 by Mykellio: 5:48pm On Oct 25, 2016
AdetoroBukola:
Re: Nairaland's No.1 Rice Producer. 1,000 bags of rice. From now to March 2017 by jbcul4ril(m): 7:28pm On Oct 25, 2016
Once we all choose to consume made in Nigeria goods and services dollars will be less than 1naira. Demand and love for foreign goods put us where we are.
High price of rice has forced Nigerians to look inward.
I implore our locally grown rice producers to reduce their prices and encourage competition.
Happy Sales
Re: Nairaland's No.1 Rice Producer. 1,000 bags of rice. From now to March 2017 by Mykellio: 11:17am On Oct 26, 2016
jbcul4ril:
Once we all choose to consume made in Nigeria goods and services dollars will be less than 1naira. Demand and love for foreign goods put us where we are.
High price of rice has forced Nigerians to look inward.
I implore our locally grown rice producers to reduce their prices and encourage competition.
Happy Sales

We thank you for your very kind words and thoughtful suggestions. We are poised towards the attainment of Nigeria's food security. This means food availability, accessibility, adequacy and affordability.

However, with regards to your suggestion of lowering price, we have to take cognisance of the high cost of production of commodities in Nigeria. Power, transportation and labor carry huge chunks of the financial pie chart per annum.

Nevertheless, it is our hope that through commonsensical
and rudimentary economic theory of demand, increasing local demand for Nigerian products will create the fulcrum to leverage on economies of scale combined with competition thereby culminating in gradual reduction in cost of production.

MTN sim starter pack in 2003 was N21,000 I was among those who bought it then and still have the sim till date. How much is the sim today? Same goes for DSTV.

Without demand, there can't be competition or economies of scale which are underpinning determinants of price change.

Thanks again. And stay blessed.

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland's No.1 Rice Producer. 1,000 bags of rice. From now to March 2017 by ricy20(f): 6:23pm On Oct 27, 2016
hello sir long time and how business
Re: Nairaland's No.1 Rice Producer. 1,000 bags of rice. From now to March 2017 by Mykellio: 3:17am On Nov 04, 2016
ricy20:
hello sir long time and how business
Thank you ricy20. We are doing great.
Re: Nairaland's No.1 Rice Producer. 1,000 bags of rice. From now to March 2017 by AstuteJay: 10:17pm On Nov 04, 2016
What is the current price?
Re: Nairaland's No.1 Rice Producer. 1,000 bags of rice. From now to March 2017 by Mykellio: 3:23pm On Nov 05, 2016
AstuteJay:
What is the current price?

All the necessary information are stated in the original post. Thanks for your interest.
Re: Nairaland's No.1 Rice Producer. 1,000 bags of rice. From now to March 2017 by kingralph(m): 6:43pm On Nov 05, 2016
Mykellio expect a phone call from me soon
Re: Nairaland's No.1 Rice Producer. 1,000 bags of rice. From now to March 2017 by dammyeve: 1:44am On Nov 07, 2016
I am very pleased to come across this thread. I hope to buy from you. and also market for you. Also take into consideration the risk of birds attack when planting in south west.
Re: Nairaland's No.1 Rice Producer. 1,000 bags of rice. From now to March 2017 by pat077: 5:37am On Nov 07, 2016
Is your rice readly available in the market
Re: Nairaland's No.1 Rice Producer. 1,000 bags of rice. From now to March 2017 by Mykellio: 6:45am On Nov 07, 2016
dammyeve:
I am very pleased to come across this thread. I hope to buy from you. and also market for you. Also take into consideration the risk of birds attack when planting in south west.

Thanks for the kind thoughts. We look forward to hear from you.

pat077:
Is your rice readly available in the market

Yes it is. Make a call to place your order. Thank you.
Re: Nairaland's No.1 Rice Producer. 1,000 bags of rice. From now to March 2017 by NL1960: 9:47am On Nov 07, 2016
Mykellio:

All the necessary information are stated in the original post. Thanks for your interest.

That post was in 2015 now or are you constantly updating the first post to reflect the new price?.
Re: Nairaland's No.1 Rice Producer. 1,000 bags of rice. From now to March 2017 by Mykellio: 10:20am On Nov 07, 2016
NL1960:

That post was in 2015 now or are you constantly updating the first post to reflect the new price?.

Yes sir. Instead of creating a whole new thread we are updating it. One so that it is clear that, we are not just starting, that's credibility. Two, it's the same product so there really is no point creating multiple threads on it.

Thanks for your interest.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland's No.1 Rice Producer. 1,000 bags of rice. From now to March 2017 by NL1960: 11:21am On Nov 07, 2016
Mykellio:

Yes sir. Instead of creating a whole new thread we are updating it. One so that it is clear that, we are not just starting, that's credibility. Two, it's the same product so there really is no point creating multiple threads on it.

Ok. Thanks.

So what in your opinion is the cause of the high cost of the local rice?. We had thought with all the news of bumper harvest and near sufficiency in rice production being given by the CBN, the price ought to have come down to a reasonable level but the price is still high and out of the reach of many people. Why is the price of a 50kg local rice not in the 9k-10k range?.

Btw, do you have outlets in a place like Auchi in Edo state?.
Re: Nairaland's No.1 Rice Producer. 1,000 bags of rice. From now to March 2017 by Jethrolite(m): 12:01pm On Nov 07, 2016
Mykellio:
make your order today.
Why is your rice so expensive? You just looked at market price and matched your price to it, no social responsibility added to your price just the drive to make profit.
Re: Nairaland's No.1 Rice Producer. 1,000 bags of rice. From now to March 2017 by Mykellio: 12:06pm On Nov 07, 2016
NL1960:

Ok. Thanks.

So what in your opinion is the cause of the high cost of the local rice?. We had thought with all the news of bumper harvest and near sufficiency in rice production being given by the CBN, the price ought to have come down to a reasonable level but the price is still high and out of the reach of many people. Why is the price of a 50kg local rice not in the 9k-10k range?.

Btw, do you have outlets in a place like Auchi in Edo state?.

Now, these are the calibre of intelligent, salient and highly sapient questions I like to answer. Thanks for engaging us in this manner which shows indeed that you are homo sapiens.

The prices you mentioned were the exact figures we sold our rice between November to February last year. By May we had to start refunding some people's money even at the rate of N13,500 per bag. If such people are reading this they are free to bear me witness.

The CBN, Ministry of Agric and other government parastatals are quick to make lofty and laudable declarations with little or no action to match. Government doesn't plant rice hence are not in any position to make declarations concerning price of rice. Such declarations have been ignorantly made about regulating the price of a currency that we are not printing.

Yes, the dollar has a price. The dollar is a commodity albeit not consumable but fungible. It is a means of exchange as well. And as a licensed exporter and attractor of forex we are in a position of authority to speak. You cannot regulate what you don't produce.

We are the ones who see the plight of farmers. Please read my article: https://www.nairaland.com/3407489/better-late-than-never-saving

Farmers are going through hell. Inputs namely technical, mechanical and capital have now become very costly. Even the lease of small handheld machinery for planting and harvest have become unaffordable to our farmers. We have to wade in financially in several instances through out the season. Yet, some are flaunting ostentatious lifestyles and nauseous opulence all over the social media. All you need is a trip to some of these places.

As processors too, we are not finding it funny. Transport is becoming very strangulating. Cost per 50kg bag of rice to any part of Nigeria is almost N2,000. Consult the transport companies and find out.

It is our fervent hope that, things will get better as we buy Nigerian to grow Nigeria.

Thank you.
Re: Nairaland's No.1 Rice Producer. 1,000 bags of rice. From now to March 2017 by NL1960: 12:34pm On Nov 07, 2016
Mykellio:

Now, these are the calibre of intelligent, salient and highly sapient questions I like to answer. Thanks for engaging us in this manner which shows indeed that you are homo sapiens.

The prices you mentioned were the exact figures we sold our rice between November to February last year. By May we had to start refunding some people's money even at the rate of N13,500 per bag. If such people are reading this they are free to bear me witness.

The CBN, Ministry of Agric and other government parastatals are quick to make lofty and laudable declarations with little or no action to match. Government doesn't plant rice hence are not in any position to make declarations concerning price of rice. Such declarations have been ignorantly made about regulating the price of a currency that we are not printing.

Yes, the dollar has a price. The dollar is a commodity albeit not consumable but fungible. It is a means of exchange as well. And as a licensed exporter and attractor of forex we are in a position of authority to speak. You cannot regulate what you don't produce.

We are the ones who see the plight of farmers. Please read my article: https://www.nairaland.com/3407489/better-late-than-never-saving

Farmers are going through hell. Inputs namely technical, mechanical and capital have now become very costly. Even the lease of small handheld machinery for planting and harvest have become unaffordable to our farmers. We have to wade in financially in several instances through out the season. Yet, some are flaunting ostentatious lifestyles and nauseous opulence all over the social media. All you need is a trip to some of these places.

As processors too, we are not finding it funny. Transport is becoming very strangulating. Cost per 50kg bag of rice to any part of Nigeria is almost N2,000. Consult the transport companies and find out.

It is our fervent hope that, things will get better as we buy Nigerian to grow Nigeria.

Thank you.

Good insights.

When CBN increased the MPR sometimes ago, i told somebody that if i can lay my hands on CBN, i will be tempted to straggle them. I told the person that how did they expect the rice millers to get access to loans for their milling business when they are increasing MPR in the name of trying to attract foreign portfolio investors(FPIs) to come and buy treasury bills and bonds that they are not even interested in coming to buy. I further told the person that they might be putting the rice farmers and millers out of business because banks would rather go and buy non-risk and tax free treasury bills and bonds at that high rate than lend to farmers and millers and those millers that take the risk to get the loan at such a high interest rate will have no option than to increase the price of rice in order to be able to make some profit. This government just like making noise and taking pictures.
Re: Nairaland's No.1 Rice Producer. 1,000 bags of rice. From now to March 2017 by munas: 12:40pm On Nov 07, 2016
so what is the current price of a bag?

1 Like

Re: Nairaland's No.1 Rice Producer. 1,000 bags of rice. From now to March 2017 by don4real18(m): 2:39pm On Nov 07, 2016
Mykellio:
See sample.

I am proud to be eating the fruit of my labour in my lifetime. It feels nice to produce what I consume. I am not just a consumer, I am a producer. Can Nigeria say that?

Join me.

50kg, 25kg, 10kg, 5kg... buy it, cook it, serve it, eat it, digest it... proudly Nigerian 100% organic.
I'm really happy for you... you shall keep on growing.
I'm thinking of going into rice production myself and will need your expertise... thanks a lot
Re: Nairaland's No.1 Rice Producer. 1,000 bags of rice. From now to March 2017 by Timmi: 5:11pm On Nov 07, 2016
Unveiling our wide range of products from wholesalers to household end users. For your daily meal, big events and festive preparations:

1) White long grain 100% organic parboiled and polished
Retail price: N18,000
N9,250 per 25 kg
N3,900 per 10kg
N1,950 per 5kg
N390 per 1kg

Bulk price (more than 1bag): N17,800

2) White medium grain 100% organic parboiled and polished

Retail price: N17,500
per 50kg
N8,750 per 25 kg
N3,750 per 10kg
N1,800 per 5kg
N375 per 1kg

Bulk price (more than 1bag): N17,200

These are early 2016 prices.. our Q4 supply for 2016 ending are coming soon and prices are currently under review. Stay tuned.

All categories of price includes cost of delivery and logistics. Lagos, Ife, Ibadan, P/H, Lokoja, Abuja, Enugu, Aba, etc.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nairaland's No.1 Rice Producer. 1,000 bags of rice. From now to March 2017 by Yampotatocarrot(m): 9:14pm On Nov 07, 2016
Please @ OP, r u d same person as Timmi that posted last?

Also, can u give upload d pictures of the various KGs so that I can know the various sizes?

Also, do u have a shop around Iyana-ipaja where u sell t, atleast one gotta test d product before giving t out to others

Thanks in anticipation of your response
Re: Nairaland's No.1 Rice Producer. 1,000 bags of rice. From now to March 2017 by Mykellio: 7:03am On Nov 08, 2016
Yampotatocarrot:
Please @ OP, r u d same person as Timmi that posted last?
Also, can u give upload d pictures of the various KGs so that I can know the various sizes?
Also, do u have a shop around Iyana-ipaja where u sell t, atleast one gotta test d product before giving t out to others
Thanks in anticipation of your response

I am not Timmi..

No we don't have a shop in Iyana-Ipaja. We are rice producers not distributors. If you need it, place an order and pick up the good from the nearest Peace Mass Transit park in Lagos.

We didn't start this year people have been eating our rice.

Re: Nairaland's No.1 Rice Producer. 1,000 bags of rice. From now to March 2017 by prinsam30: 11:17am On Nov 08, 2016
please OP how much are you selling 50kg now

your current price details, thank you and God bless you
Re: Nairaland's No.1 Rice Producer. 1,000 bags of rice. From now to March 2017 by ricy20(f): 3:03pm On Nov 08, 2016
[quote author=Yampotatocarrot post=50850110]Please @ OP, r u d same person as Timmi that posted last?

mr yamp i known the Op i bought yewa rice last year december no stone and test better unlike others that u would have to select and am stil going to buy these year and also you would get your goods as u pay.
Re: Nairaland's No.1 Rice Producer. 1,000 bags of rice. From now to March 2017 by Yampotatocarrot(m): 5:14pm On Nov 10, 2016
[quote author=ricy20 post=50868742][/quote]

Thanks for your reply.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Access Bank Is Revitalising Agric Sector With Agriculture Desk / Can Anyone Help With Broilers Vaccination Programme??? / What Every Snail Farmer Must Know About The AM, AA & The AF Types Of Snails

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.