Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,520 members, 7,816,261 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:25 AM

Xiaomi Confirms Android 6.0 Marshmallow Update For Xiaomi Mi4 And Mi Note - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Xiaomi Confirms Android 6.0 Marshmallow Update For Xiaomi Mi4 And Mi Note (555 Views)

Gionee rolls out Marshmallow Update for Gionee m5mini / List Of Phones Receiving Android Marshmallow Update This December / List Of Android Smartphones That Will Receive Android 6.0 Marshmallow (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Xiaomi Confirms Android 6.0 Marshmallow Update For Xiaomi Mi4 And Mi Note by babstun1(m): 11:49am On Dec 05, 2015
Chinese handset maker Xiaomi has announced that the Mi4 and Mi Note will be among the first smartphones to receive Android 6.0 Marshmallow upgrade.

The new update will be delivered in the coming weeks though an exact release date hasn't been unveiled yet. Xiaomi's MIUI operations manager confirmed the update will be rolled out very soon.

Since MIUI 7 is already ready, we believe Android 6.0 Marshmallow upgrade for these smartphones will be released by the end of the year.

Xiaomi has quite a few popular Android smartphones that are still stuck on previous versions of the operating system. Many are unlikely to receive a Marshmallow update perhaps due to the fact that most of them are running MIUI, which needs to be optimized for each device.

That surely translates into a lot of work for Xiaomi, which probably thinks that it's better to just simply upgrade to a new device than wait for a software upgrade.

Usually, we wouldn't agree with that, but Xiaomi's products are so cheap that an upgrade once per year will not break the bank.

The Android 6.0 Marshmallow upgrade announcement comes one day after Xiaomi launched a Windows 10 Mobile ROM for the Mi4 LTE.

Soon, Xiaomi Mi4 owners will have two of the latest mobile operating systems available on the market at their disposal, which is quite an achievement for the Chinese company.
FROM >>>>>http://www.tuneftech.com/2015/12/xiaomi-confirms-android-60-marshmallow.html

Re: Xiaomi Confirms Android 6.0 Marshmallow Update For Xiaomi Mi4 And Mi Note by pannyman(m): 8:43am On Dec 10, 2015
Great news! I just ordered a Xiaomi Mi4 from Jumia two days ago. I was hoping to upgrade from My LG G2, but the high end phones out there are quite expensive. The Mi4 however is a good compromise based on specs and price.

(1) (Reply)

C.v / Pls Help, My Mtn Sm@t 720i Is Not Booting / What Are The Benefits Of A Rooted Android Phone?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.