Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,415 members, 7,836,663 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 11:16 AM

Is It Wrong To Address Your Pastor By His Name? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Wrong To Address Your Pastor By His Name? (1017 Views)

'9 Diseases Your Pastor Lies To You About' - Aroms Aigbehi / Why It Is Wrong To Be Addressed As "Daddy G.O" And The Likes / Imagine You Own This Ride And Your Pastor Asked You To Sow A Seed With It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Wrong To Address Your Pastor By His Name? by rezzy: 12:58pm On Dec 05, 2015
Sometimes this week, I was watching Chosen TV. During testimony time, a man gave his testimony and said "I want to thank our pastor and daddy in the Lord, pastor Lazarus Mouka............."

When the coordinator of the testimony time mounted the pulpit, he told the congregation that they shouldn't call the General Overseer by his name, they should rather address him by calling daddy, GO, our father in the Lord.

He made a statement like a son cannot address his father by his name.

I quickly looked at my landlord because I was watching it in his house {he is a chosen mopol}. He said it is wrong.

Please, am I the only one seeing nothing wrong with that?
Re: Is It Wrong To Address Your Pastor By His Name? by thorpido(m): 1:05pm On Dec 05, 2015
There's nothing wrong with calling him by his name.Pastor,Revd or Bishop is enough reverence.
Re: Is It Wrong To Address Your Pastor By His Name? by elantraceey(f): 1:12pm On Dec 05, 2015
It's just here in africa we give soo much reverence to titles, calling one by name or not doesnt signify respect or anything.
Re: Is It Wrong To Address Your Pastor By His Name? by winner01(m): 1:21pm On Dec 05, 2015
Well, just give honour to whom honour is due.
Re: Is It Wrong To Address Your Pastor By His Name? by Nobody: 7:55pm On Dec 05, 2015
Religion is something we need to ban in Africa.
Re: Is It Wrong To Address Your Pastor By His Name? by DebbyChris(f): 8:55pm On Dec 05, 2015
I don't think it's wrong but for respect sake just use "daddy" or "mummy".
Re: Is It Wrong To Address Your Pastor By His Name? by bejeria101(m): 9:42pm On Dec 05, 2015
elantraceey:
It's just here in africa we give soo much reverence to titles, calling one by name or not doesnt signify respect or anything.

My dear its nt a title thing the man/woman in question is not your age mate,in africa we reverence our elders we no be oyibo
Re: Is It Wrong To Address Your Pastor By His Name? by rezzy: 10:11pm On Dec 05, 2015
DebbyChris:
I don't think it's wrong but for respect sake just use "daddy" or "mummy".

If the person is older nko?
Re: Is It Wrong To Address Your Pastor By His Name? by rezzy: 9:09pm On Jun 09, 2020
@hello zaynie mama, I'm interested in sharing of cow.

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong To Address Your Pastor By His Name? by Kobojunkie: 9:18pm On Jun 09, 2020
rezzy:
Wow, it's been 5 years since you created the thread to ask that question.
So what do you think now? Do you call your pastor by name? Or is he now your "daddy"? grin grin
Re: Is It Wrong To Address Your Pastor By His Name? by zaynie(f): 9:48pm On Jun 09, 2020
rezzy:

Orezi mama of boys.
How your side?
Been a while.
Please use the short link on my signature to send me a message

(1) (Reply)

Practical Steps To Overcoming Masturbation / What I Experienced In The Church Today. / Bishop Akan Weeks Tagged Satanist For Moving Ordination To Abak After 60 Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.