Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,636 members, 7,813,100 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:02 AM

What I Experienced In The Church Today. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What I Experienced In The Church Today. (1004 Views)

Selfie Sunday: What Are You Wearing To Church Today? / Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. / What I Experienced At Redemption Camp Yesterday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What I Experienced In The Church Today. by Princewell2012(m): 6:54pm On Mar 20, 2016
I have been to church for a long time now, due to the nature of my work.

Today why i was returning home, i saw a church along the road, and i said to myself, let me use this opportunity to attend a service here today, i notice some presence of some hefty police men around the whole place. When i notice it was a redeemed Christian church, i surmorned courage to enter the church.

A lady approached me with a scanner and scaned everywhere including my bag. Then she discovered that there was a sign of metal with me and asked what is that, and i show her all the content in my bag, an iron spoon and a small gallon of groundnut oil.
She even open the bag and confirmed herself, and said i may go inside.

I was sitting inside comfortably and listening to Sunday school massage going on then, when a young man approached me again and introduced himself, that i should pls come along with him that they needed my presence outside, i was like make una see me, see motorcycle. Lol. I followed him Patiently and he handed me over to another officer, come and see questions and answer, as at this time i have started to loose my patience gradually, have i committed an offence to worship with this people today? All this was going on in my mind.

Finally he insisted that i should put my bag outside before i would be allowed to go back into the congregation.

Mmmmm, if not for the sake of the Holyspirt inside of me, i would have go back home.

I know the situation of our country but after you have checked my bag, why did you still want me to leave my bag outside, this is my annoyance.

And how many people will be able to tolerate that?

But at the end of the day God win.
Re: What I Experienced In The Church Today. by thesicilian: 7:16pm On Mar 20, 2016
What were you doing with spoon and groundnut oil?
Re: What I Experienced In The Church Today. by Princewell2012(m): 7:29pm On Mar 20, 2016
thesicilian:
What were you doing with spoon and groundnut oil?

Mmmmm, i was returning from duty, and i usually have a spoon in my bag should incase i saw a restaurant or any other things i would love to eat, so i do use my personal spoon always.

And the grounnut oil, a colleague gave it to me. So i was going home when i decided to callby.

Unless you want to tell me it is an offence to go to church with your bag.
Re: What I Experienced In The Church Today. by ifeegee(f): 7:57pm On Mar 20, 2016
Pls, don't take it to heart. It probably a small church and most of the members are known.

A man having a spoon and groundnut oil on a Sunday morning is enough to arouse any one's curiosity.

Remember also, that you alone knew the details surrounding the contents in your bag.
Re: What I Experienced In The Church Today. by JOKLEVIZ(m): 7:58pm On Mar 20, 2016
Is not their fault, they are just being cautions.. Sowie fr de inconveniences @op
Re: What I Experienced In The Church Today. by Princewell2012(m): 8:21pm On Mar 20, 2016
ifeegee:
Pls, don't take it to heart. It probably a small church and most of the members are known.

A man having a spoon and groundnut oil on a Sunday morning is enough to arouse any one's curiosity.

Remember also, that you alone knew the details surrounding the contents in your bag.

Mmmmm, ok, thanks.

But wounding they be scaring people away from coming to church?

Thanks anyway.
Re: What I Experienced In The Church Today. by Princewell2012(m): 8:25pm On Mar 20, 2016
JOKLEVIZ:
Is not their fault, they are just being cautions..
Sowie fr de inconveniences @op

Mmmmm...
Re: What I Experienced In The Church Today. by thesicilian: 8:51pm On Mar 20, 2016
Princewell2012:

Mmmmm, i was returning from duty, and i usually have a spoon in my bag should incase i saw a restaurant or any other things i would love to eat, so i do use my personal spoon always.

And the grounnut oil, a colleague gave it to me. So i was going home when i decided to callby.

Unless you want to tell me it is an offence to go to church with your bag.
Lol
Not an offence o, just wondering.
But you know those church security now, many of them are overzealous, doing what they were not told
Re: What I Experienced In The Church Today. by ifeegee(f): 10:20pm On Mar 20, 2016
Princewell2012:

Mmmmm, ok, thanks.

But wounding they be scaring people away from coming to church?

Thanks anyway.

You are welcome. Pls don't get discouraged from that singular act. It's just one of the fallout from the prevailing
Security situation.
Re: What I Experienced In The Church Today. by Princewell2012(m): 1:01pm On Mar 21, 2016
ifeegee:

You are welcome. Pls don't get discouraged from that singular act. It's just one of the fallout from the prevailing
Security situation.
thanks for your understanding.
Re: What I Experienced In The Church Today. by Princewell2012(m): 1:02pm On Mar 21, 2016
ifeegee:

Security situation.
thanks for your understanding. May God bless you.
Re: What I Experienced In The Church Today. by Princewell2012(m): 1:05pm On Mar 21, 2016
thesicilian:

Lol
Not an offence o, just wondering.
But you know those church security now, many of them are overzealous, doing what they were not told

ok, thanks.
Re: What I Experienced In The Church Today. by ifeegee(f): 1:16pm On Mar 21, 2016
Princewell2012:

thanks for your understanding. May God bless you.

You're welcome. God bless you too.

(1) (Reply)

6 Levels Of Powerful Prayer / Time Is NOT Real: Physicists Show EVERYTHING Happens At The Same Time / Top 10 Nigerian Gospel Singers And Their Sexy Spouses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.