Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,732 members, 7,820,535 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:37 PM

Making A Living As A Scriptwriter In Nollywood. - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Making A Living As A Scriptwriter In Nollywood. (1140 Views)

Scriptwriter Needed / 10 Images That Prove Special Effects Have Improved In Nollywood (graphic) / ELI5: How To Become A Scriptwriter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Making A Living As A Scriptwriter In Nollywood. by prettyjoshua(m): 4:33pm On Dec 05, 2015
This is the question that so many people have been asking especially those with passion for storytelling and scriptwriting.in nollywood their are few people their names are heard when it comes to screenwriting,people like tunde babalola(october 1,last flight to abuja),kemi adesoye(phone swap)but the question here is does these people pay bills with just scriptwriting,unlike our counterparts hollywood where a writer owns a house,cars,trains his/her children with the dividends of scriptwriting.what is the fate of scriptwriters in nollywood and can one proudly make a living out of scriptwriting?.
Re: Making A Living As A Scriptwriter In Nollywood. by Nobody: 4:53pm On Dec 05, 2015
I'd guess here using common sense since I've no idea how things work in nollywood.
Its possible to sell a good script for N300,000.00(highly unlikely in the real world but theoretically possible). For Nigerian standards that's not a bad deal. Don't expect to receive loyalties after the initial sale because our movie industry is not developed enough to ensure agreements of the sort.

However, due to greed present in the industry and possessed by the average Nigerian, I can imagine a situation where your script gets rejected in favour of mediocre ones.
Another situation possible is whereby the producer reads your sample script, memorises it, uses it then couples half of your script with a mediocre one thereby making a movie with a fantastic intro but flat end.

Honestly though, typing this has made me realize script writing in this country is not something you can depend on solely as a means of income.
Re: Making A Living As A Scriptwriter In Nollywood. by prettyjoshua(m): 5:01pm On Dec 05, 2015
that was a great one @charix.i think is high time we scriptwriters step up our game,stand up for what's right maybe form a guide or something.let's make our presence felt.

(1) (Reply)

New Posters For Power Rangers Movie Presents First Look At Dinozords / Tv, Phones, Laptop Or Tablets / Khloe Tried To Kiss K. Brule, But He Curved It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.