Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,000 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:16 AM

See Photos Of The Biggest Natural Hair Meet-up Held In Lagos. - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / See Photos Of The Biggest Natural Hair Meet-up Held In Lagos. (4958 Views)

Thread For Black Women With Natural Hair: My Experience (photos) / Have You Tried Hair Wonder Natural hair oil on Your Hair? / Natural Hair Meet Up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

See Photos Of The Biggest Natural Hair Meet-up Held In Lagos. by afrotrendzy: 6:02am On Dec 06, 2015
The just concluded natural hair meet-up that was held at the University of Lagos on the 28th day of Nov.was indeed a huge success.
This meet-up was organised by the largest natural hair group on Facebook(Natural Hair Babes-NHB).
Natural hair celebs like Kemi Lewis,Esther Tom,Louisa Micheal,Racheal Okoegwale,RC Davis,Eno Etuk amongst others were present.
Hummm,couldn't believe the number of ladies that are returning natural...thousands upon thousands.
REFERENCE:
www.afrotrendzy..com.ng/2015/12/see-photos-of-just-concluded-natural.html?m=1

1 Like

Re: See Photos Of The Biggest Natural Hair Meet-up Held In Lagos. by Nobody: 6:02am On Dec 06, 2015
undecided
Re: See Photos Of The Biggest Natural Hair Meet-up Held In Lagos. by noetic5: 6:22am On Dec 06, 2015
so? undecided
Re: See Photos Of The Biggest Natural Hair Meet-up Held In Lagos. by Ezedon(m): 6:44am On Dec 06, 2015
Next!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: See Photos Of The Biggest Natural Hair Meet-up Held In Lagos. by afrotrendzy: 6:46am On Dec 06, 2015
@noetic5...sooo, natural hair reigns!!!
#proudlyafrican# wink
Re: See Photos Of The Biggest Natural Hair Meet-up Held In Lagos. by Nobody: 7:31am On Dec 06, 2015
# teamIamNatural. smiley
Re: See Photos Of The Biggest Natural Hair Meet-up Held In Lagos. by Nobody: 7:46am On Dec 06, 2015
Africa women shud stop wasting billions every year on fake hairs. Let dem learn to be natural
Re: See Photos Of The Biggest Natural Hair Meet-up Held In Lagos. by Demmocrats(m): 8:00am On Dec 06, 2015
Nigerian ladies there wowo no get part two cry
Re: See Photos Of The Biggest Natural Hair Meet-up Held In Lagos. by Afrok(m): 8:01am On Dec 06, 2015
Team Natural hair.... when are Afro guys organising such? shocked
Re: See Photos Of The Biggest Natural Hair Meet-up Held In Lagos. by safarigirl(f): 8:30am On Dec 06, 2015
panachuku:
Africa women shud stop wasting billions every year on fake hairs. Let dem learn to be natural
na still the same billions den go spend on natural......besides, harmattan is a bytch to natural hair.

3 Likes

Re: See Photos Of The Biggest Natural Hair Meet-up Held In Lagos. by Holywizard: 10:06am On Dec 06, 2015
i luv it wen my girl goes natural just like her natural pu5sy hair
Re: See Photos Of The Biggest Natural Hair Meet-up Held In Lagos. by Setaje(f): 10:50am On Dec 06, 2015
I can never go natural. Just living my hair for 3 months. I start having terrible headache. Once I relax, it feels like a big burden has been lifted off my head. Natural hair is too expensive to maintain and honestly they only look good on rich girls. Maybe because they use the right products and take care of them well. All this other girls really look unkempt. Besides, I never see girl wey get plenty hair for head decide to go natural. The ones wey I dey see, almost all their front hair don go and their hair kuki short before so They hide under the guise of natural.

My opinion sha! Before una attack me......

3 Likes

Re: See Photos Of The Biggest Natural Hair Meet-up Held In Lagos. by coolzeal(m): 10:56am On Dec 06, 2015
I so admire black women with natural hair who are brave enough to attempt authenticity in a world that rewards mediocrity and approximation. Natural is beautiful, God knows what he was doing.

1 Like

Re: See Photos Of The Biggest Natural Hair Meet-up Held In Lagos. by afrotrendzy: 10:58am On Dec 06, 2015
Me like women being natural.
Re: See Photos Of The Biggest Natural Hair Meet-up Held In Lagos. by MRBrownJ: 3:24pm On Dec 06, 2015
as much as i love nothing more than a sista with her own real hair, these unkempt afros here are a turn off!!!
Re: See Photos Of The Biggest Natural Hair Meet-up Held In Lagos. by blessedfavoured: 9:05pm On Dec 06, 2015
Setaje:
I can never go natural. Just living my hair for 3 months. I start having terrible headache. Once I relax, it feels like a big burden has been lifted off my head. Natural hair is too expensive to maintain and honestly they only look good on rich girls. Maybe because they use the right products and take care of them well. All this other girls really look unkempt. Besides, I never see girl wey get plenty hair for head decide to go natural. The ones wey I dey see, almost all their front hair don go and their hair kuki short before so They hide under the guise of natural.

My opinion sha! Before una attack me......

Girl you are soo wrong. I have soo much hair, and I'm natural. Hairline on point too. I can post an old picture self to prove.

2 Likes

Re: See Photos Of The Biggest Natural Hair Meet-up Held In Lagos. by blessedfavoured: 9:13pm On Dec 06, 2015
safarigirl:
na still the same billions den go spend on natural......besides, harmattan is a bytch to natural hair.

Lol it's so annoying when guys see natural hair and automatically assume low maintenance. You should see my bathroom.

And then the ones that would say you are not really embracing your natural hair because you hide it under weaves and braids, like they'll help you comb it. I remeber leaving my hair out one day(in a bun- actually because my hairdresser couldn't braid my hair) I went to bed without braiding it. I took me 6 good hours and a bucket of tears to detangle my hair. I ended up eating paracetamol like sweets.

2 Likes

Re: See Photos Of The Biggest Natural Hair Meet-up Held In Lagos. by blessedfavoured: 9:23pm On Dec 06, 2015
MRBrownJ:
as much as i love nothing more than a sista with her own real hair, these unkempt afros here are a turn off!!!

Truth is 4c natural hair which is what most nigerians have, is definitely not pretty. I know some people would bite me for saying this - it's not self hate.
Its hard to work with, you can't style it, even when you do, and use all the gels and puddings in this world to get something presentable, you already look like something the cat dragged in before noon.

From experience.

3 Likes

Re: See Photos Of The Biggest Natural Hair Meet-up Held In Lagos. by lepasharon(f): 6:16am On Dec 07, 2015
blessedfavoured:

Lol it's so annoying when guys see natural hair and automatically assume low maintenance. You should see my bathroom.

And then the ones that would say you are not really embracing your natural hair because you hide it under weaves and braids, like they'll help you comb it. I remeber leaving my hair out one day(in a bun- actually because my hairdresser couldn't braid my hair) I went to bed without braiding it. I took me 6 good hours and a bucket of tears to detangle my hair. I ended up eating paracetamol like sweets.

You should know how to care for your hair. Never comb ur hair when its wet always moisturize/wet it.
Re: See Photos Of The Biggest Natural Hair Meet-up Held In Lagos. by lepasharon(f): 6:17am On Dec 07, 2015
MRBrownJ:

How are they unkempt ?
Re: See Photos Of The Biggest Natural Hair Meet-up Held In Lagos. by blessedfavoured: 6:36am On Dec 07, 2015
lepasharon:

You should know how to care for your hair. Never comb ur hair when its wet always moisturize/wet it.

LOL abeg tell that to a new "naturalista". I've been natural for 38 months now. I had natural hair all through primary school and junior secondary. I do not have a problem with softeningg my hair, I just cannot deal with having to do it everyday. Get it?
If I detangle and moisturise in the morning, it doesn't stay that way all through the day. And I can work better with my hair when its slightly damp, I have to spritz it, or add a moisturiser that will get it wet.

1 Like

Re: See Photos Of The Biggest Natural Hair Meet-up Held In Lagos. by blessedfavoured: 6:41am On Dec 07, 2015
And yes, my hair is like 16-20 inches long. In different places. I definitely wouldn't have this if I didn't know how to care for my hair
Re: See Photos Of The Biggest Natural Hair Meet-up Held In Lagos. by Setaje(f): 8:39am On Dec 07, 2015
blessedfavoured:

Girl you are soo wrong. I have soo much hair, and I'm natural. Hairline on point too. I can post an old picture self to prove.

My hair to is long. Relaxed and it's 16 to 18 inch. That's why I can never think of starting again or going natural.
Re: See Photos Of The Biggest Natural Hair Meet-up Held In Lagos. by Setaje(f): 8:49am On Dec 07, 2015
blessedfavoured:

This statement is the reason natural hair is not favourable. It's time wasting. It's too hard. It tangles. Etc. Too many disadvantages. I have many friends wiv natural hair. They can spend almost the whole day trying to style it. Maybe if they can make something that will constantly make the hair soft and look glossy and still maintain that fullness like Oyinbo hair wivout applying relaxer. It will be more appealing. I see many pictures of nice natural hair and I know they must have wasted a lot of time trying to get a perfect hair style.

Like someone said, the ones I see here look really unkempt except the rich people's own. I don't even use that much products on a relaxed hair. Keep wondering why our own kind of hair should be expensive to maintain.

1 Like

Re: See Photos Of The Biggest Natural Hair Meet-up Held In Lagos. by blessedfavoured: 9:04am On Dec 07, 2015
I totally agree with you setaje, its time wasting. All those pretty styles you see online is not even 4c hair. There's 3a- 3c 4a 4b and those ones are a lot easier to work with - not much shrinkage and all.

I'm just disputing what you said about most people transitioning to natural hair having already short hair, and bad hairline which is not true for all... Though I agree that most people had damaged relaxed hair and decided to try natural.

I have to add though, I have a love-hate relationship with my hair. When I let it out(in a bun or a puff and ONLY on my trip to the salon) I get a lot of compliments and I love how it looks too, but I totally hate how long and how much I have to spend trying to get it to that presentable state.

As for something that will make it soft and somewhat glossy while retaining the thickness... That's texlaxing. Relaxing but not so much.

Sorry for the long post.
Re: See Photos Of The Biggest Natural Hair Meet-up Held In Lagos. by Setaje(f): 9:19am On Dec 07, 2015
blessedfavoured:
I totally agree with you setaje, its time wasting. All those pretty styles you see online is not even 4c hair. There's 3a- 3c 4a 4b and those ones are a lot easier to work with - not much shrinkage and all.

I'm just disputing what you said about most people transitioning to natural hair having already short hair, and bad hairline which is not true for all... Though I agree that most people had damaged relaxed hair and decided to try natural.

I have to add though, I have a love-hate relationship with my hair. When I let it out(in a bun or a puff and ONLY on my trip to the salon) I get a lot of compliments and I love how it looks too, but I totally hate how long and how much I have to spend trying to get it to that presentable state.

As for something that will make it soft and somewhat glossy while retaining the thickness... That's texlaxing. Relaxing but not so much.

Sorry for the long post.

Wow so there is something called texlaxing. I expect black chemical scientist to take it upon themselves to do something for black hair. But the black man seems incapable of inventing anything. Just wait, in some years time, it's a white man that will bring a product for black people to make their hair easier to comb and shine and retaining that puffiness wivout relaxing. Just wait

1 Like

Re: See Photos Of The Biggest Natural Hair Meet-up Held In Lagos. by poshestmina(f): 5:49pm On Dec 07, 2015
Natural hair is expensive compared to Weaves and stressful to maintain too
Re: See Photos Of The Biggest Natural Hair Meet-up Held In Lagos. by MRBrownJ: 8:15pm On Dec 07, 2015
lepasharon:

How are they unkempt ?

check that 1st pic, especially the lady in yellow.....
Re: See Photos Of The Biggest Natural Hair Meet-up Held In Lagos. by afrotrendzy: 4:45am On Dec 08, 2015
Afrok:
Team Natural hair.... when are Afro guys organising such? shocked

Lolzzz grin
Very very soon
Re: See Photos Of The Biggest Natural Hair Meet-up Held In Lagos. by hairbraiding: 7:05am On Dec 08, 2015
Well, there sure is a lot of work that goes into taking care of natural hair. Obviously the tangling will always be a major problem and the most annoying time waster.

That said, it's good to have options. Variety is the spice of life... Wear natural today, do a nice braid next week, enjoy a good weave on (The type that still allows your hair to breathe... not the one that you have to use toothpick to scratch inside your head when better sun mama am grin grin grin grin grin

Post your hair pictures here: http://www.hairbraidingnetwork.com/
Re: See Photos Of The Biggest Natural Hair Meet-up Held In Lagos. by ferhyntorlah(f): 7:05pm On Dec 08, 2015
blessedfavoured:

Truth is 4c natural hair which is what most nigerians have, is definitely not pretty. I know some people would bite me for saying this - it's not self hate.
Its hard to work with, you can't style it, even when you do, and use all the gels and puddings in this world to get something presentable, you already look like something the cat dragged in before noon.

From experience.

I over agree with you. All I want is manageable hair. I want to loosen the tight curls at the tip as that's what's giving me a bit of work.

The hair from the root to the middle isn't the issue but the TIGHT curls that the tip.

I blow dried my hair some weeks ago and the tip was the main culprit in having a smooth blow drying, even after I overloaded it with moisturiser - Cantu leave in moisturiser.

Everyone should study their hair and know what works best for them or how they want to care for it. I wish I could get sour cream to loosen these tight curls as my hair is of the extremely HARD type!

Shea butter no dey work - it just sits on the hair. Eve Cantu no fit handle am as it become hard when it dries off.

All I want is hair that will be comfortable, easy and inexpensive to manage. How can one spend 1-2 hours just detangling alone? Time is of essence jare.

I am not a product junkie and I don't intend to become one because I'm keeping natural hair.

All the same, I love my hair! Lol

1 Like

Re: See Photos Of The Biggest Natural Hair Meet-up Held In Lagos. by ferhyntorlah(f): 7:19pm On Dec 08, 2015
Setaje:

Wow so there is something called texlaxing. I expect black chemical scientist to take it upon themselves to do something for black hair. But the black man seems incapable of inventing anything. Just wait, in some years time, it's a white man that will bring a product for black people to make their hair easier to comb and shine and retaining that puffiness wivout relaxing. Just wait

My dear, there is jare - yogurt and sour cream. I mean THICK CREAMY yogurt, and not the watery ones we have everywhere.

I've tried the watery ones and they did absolutely nothing to help loosen my TIGHT curls.

For 4c ladies, shrinkage is one heck of a nightmare!

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Blemish Balms Also Known As Bb Creams / Ladies!!!an Amazing Use For Milk Of Magnesia Antacid / Classy And Trendy Clothes For Women

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.