Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,047 members, 7,810,869 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:25 PM

Is It Wrong To Name A Child JESUS?? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Wrong To Name A Child JESUS?? (1049 Views)

Why It Is Wrong To Be Addressed As "Daddy G.O" And The Likes / Is It A Sacrilege To Name A Child "JESUS"? / Is There Any Sin In Naming A Child Jesus ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Wrong To Name A Child JESUS?? by carbonmonoxide: 8:45am On Dec 06, 2015
in Nigeria, most people have named their children after great martyrs of the bible e.g elijah, john, paul, moses, enoch, noah, but never jesus christ himself..

So is there a kind of passage in the bible that says children should not be named JESUS??

Mods, please let's take it to fp to gather as much opinions as possible...
Re: Is It Wrong To Name A Child JESUS?? by Nobody: 8:47am On Dec 06, 2015
........ No part of the Bible says otherwise. But i haven't heard any child (in Nigeria) called Jesus or Jesu, but it abound in some other countries, Mexico, Spain et al......
Re: Is It Wrong To Name A Child JESUS?? by jaykaylegend(m): 8:47am On Dec 06, 2015
Same thing I have always thought,

I don't think its wrong sha..

Mods fp material
Re: Is It Wrong To Name A Child JESUS?? by johnydon22(m): 8:51am On Dec 06, 2015
In spain, mexico, columbia "Jesus" is a pretty common name for the folks... I believe there is a footballer named Jesus Navas.

Op Christ is not a name, it is a title..

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong To Name A Child JESUS?? by Swegzfreak: 8:54am On Dec 06, 2015
End time kweshion
Re: Is It Wrong To Name A Child JESUS?? by Nobody: 9:00am On Dec 06, 2015
Not at all
Re: Is It Wrong To Name A Child JESUS?? by BETATRON(m): 9:03am On Dec 06, 2015
Swegzfreak:
End time kweshion
lol..knew some one will say this

----everything is endtime nowadays
Re: Is It Wrong To Name A Child JESUS?? by Koboseadotorg(m): 9:13am On Dec 06, 2015
So your man tells you he is not planning on having kids or getting married anytime soon as he is still sorting out his life... He tells you he wants to have his second degree, a proper house and a bigger car first. You sit there smiling with just a birth certificate thinking how 'lucky' a wife you'll be?
With the little he has, you ask for Brazilian hair and designer shoes. He goes to work and then straight to class after work. He leaves you in pyjamas in the morning and returns to find you in the same pyjamas in the evening. While he studies you watch 'African Magic' and 'Keeping Up with the Kardashians'
He comes back home to find pap and chicken in the microwave. The only serious conversation you ever have is about the type of groceries you guys need.
The only advice you give him is "Babe you need to buy a new pair of socks, the ones you bought last time are torn." Nothing intelligent comes out of your mouth. No plans of making your own life better. Yes you're are pretty, no doubt about that. But so is every second girl passing by.
Don't you realise that you're not doing anything a maid can't do? When he finishes studying, the first thing he will do is REPLACE HIS MAID. Because then he would be able to afford a maid and have a PROPER WIFE/GF who has brains.
That's when we are going hear your infamous last words, "I was with him through thick and thin when he had nothing, now that he is successful he thinks I am nothing."
Truth is, yes, you're right. You've always been NOTHING but a maid to him.
My dear, empower yourself to be the woman a successful man wants to be with... a woman who would be able to sustain her home if anything happens to his job or his health!
---------------
Written by a Nigerian girl. Please share this and help someone.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Wrong To Name A Child JESUS?? by Swegzfreak: 9:23am On Dec 06, 2015
BETATRON:
lol..knew some one will say this

----everything is endtime nowadays
Yes boss
Re: Is It Wrong To Name A Child JESUS?? by chibwike(m): 9:24am On Dec 06, 2015
You can name your child Jesus, but you can't name ur child GOD.
Re: Is It Wrong To Name A Child JESUS?? by HCpaul(m): 12:02pm On Dec 06, 2015
johnydon22:
In spain, mexico, columbia "Jesus" is a pretty common name for the folks... I believe there is a footballer named Jesus Navas.

Op Christ is not a name, it is a title..

I will not give up on your soul, so do christ.
Re: Is It Wrong To Name A Child JESUS?? by Judas2013: 12:10pm On Dec 06, 2015
carbonmonoxide:
in Nigeria, most people have named their children after great martyrs of the bible e.g elijah, john, paul, moses, enoch, noah, but never jesus christ himself..

So is there a kind of passage in the bible that says children should not be named JESUS??

Mods, please let's take it to fp to gather as much opinions as possible...

Re: Is It Wrong To Name A Child JESUS?? by johnydon22(m): 12:26pm On Dec 06, 2015
HCpaul:

I will not give up on your soul, so do christ.

Careful buddy, there is always two ways in a line.. wink
Re: Is It Wrong To Name A Child JESUS?? by hahn(m): 12:32pm On Dec 06, 2015
chibwike:
You can name your child Jesus, but you can't name ur child GOD.

That's because "God" is not a name, it's a thing, a concept or a figment of your imagination

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Is God Necessary For Human Happiness? / Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor Organizes Poverty Alleviation Program(gives Cars,keke,etc / Seminarians Who Died In Auto-crash To Be Buried, See Their Names And Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.