Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,006 members, 7,810,791 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:34 PM

Is God Necessary For Human Happiness? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is God Necessary For Human Happiness? (1048 Views)

Is Restitution Necessary For Repentance? / Is Baptism Necessary For Salvation? / The senselessness of Christ crucifixion. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is God Necessary For Human Happiness? by sonmvayina(m): 8:39pm On Dec 09, 2015
Christians have always heard that only God can make them happy. In fact, some Bible translations render Psalm 16:2 as, "You are my God. My happiness lies in you alone."
But an atheist would say, “I don’t need God to be happy. I can get along just fine without him.”
It is true that an atheist can experience kinds of happiness without living for God. But if an atheist persistently and culpably rejects GOD, will he be able to experience ultimate or perfect happiness.
Re: Is God Necessary For Human Happiness? by immortalcrown(m): 8:49pm On Dec 09, 2015
Your question is like asking if air is really necessary for human existence.

1 Like

Re: Is God Necessary For Human Happiness? by montezz(f): 8:53pm On Dec 09, 2015
Lol....why not? What I know is,many atheists and agnostics have been/are very happy and they lead a good life living by virtues without suscribing to a religion or really believing in a supreme being(the Christain God).
Re: Is God Necessary For Human Happiness? by Nobody: 9:04pm On Dec 09, 2015
Which of the millions of gods? The aliens or the one the Christians cannot explain?

The question is a retarded one. I don't understand how the Christianized mind works! How can you keep talking about a god you cannot prove exists? Stop giving natural euphorically feeling to a god. Otherwise we can say god is responsible for human sadness too,since happiness and sadness on both sides of a coin.

2 Likes

Re: Is God Necessary For Human Happiness? by HCpaul(m): 9:24pm On Dec 09, 2015
1feness:
Which of the millions of gods? The aliens or the one the Christians cannot explain?

The question is a retarded one. I don't understand how the Christianized mind works! How can you keep talking about a god you cannot prove exists? Stop giving natural euphorically feeling to a god. Otherwise we can say god is responsible for human sadness too,since happiness and sadness on both sides of a coin.

You are the best evidence for the existence of God.
We are gods and we are sons and daughters of the most high.

At a certain point in your life, you will settle down your mind and begin to know more about life. A desire to know what happens after life is over.

You are one of the popular atheist on Nairaland, but a day will come that such popularity won't be able to save you.

The confidence of the civilized world is knowledge.
God himself said that you should glory not in knowledge.

It is not God that you actually hate, but his nature, ways and commandments.

You love scientist because they know what you want.
You are satisfied with technologies.

Don't just exist, live.
Re: Is God Necessary For Human Happiness? by BETATRON(m): 9:25pm On Dec 09, 2015
1feness:

its logical not to by able to explain the essence of God
Why? Because He is the CREATOR and to give you a human example you can't expect a robot created by man to fathom the essence of the Human being and strt discussing his presence

2 Likes

Re: Is God Necessary For Human Happiness? by BETATRON(m): 9:28pm On Dec 09, 2015
sonmvayina:
Christians have always heard that only God can make them happy. In fact, some Bible translations render Psalm 16:2 as, "You are my God. My happiness lies in you alone."
But an atheist would say, “I don’t need God to be happy. I can get along just fine without him.”
It is true that an atheist can experience kinds of happiness without living for God. But if an atheist persistently and culpably rejects GOD, will he be able to experience ultimate or perfect happiness.
there actually is difference between finding happiness in God and finding happiness in the world..finding happiness in God is an eternal kind in the sense that pleasing God makes you pleased yourself

The other is one found in materialism(transient pleasure) hence loosing this materialism makes them unhappy

2 Likes

Re: Is God Necessary For Human Happiness? by Nobody: 9:30pm On Dec 09, 2015
HCpaul:

You are the best evidence for the existence of God.
We are gods and we are sons and daughters of the most high.

At a certain point in your life, you will settle down your mind and begin to know more about life. A desire to know what happens after life is over.

You are one of the popular atheist on Nairaland, but a day will come that such popularity won't be able to save you.

The confidence of the civilized world is knowledge.
God himself said that you should glory not in knowledge.

It is not God that you actually hate, but his nature, ways and commandments.

You love scientist because they know what you want.
You are satisfied with technologies.

Don't just exist, live.

I am a God,an Avatar,a reflection of God on this mode of existence. God and Me are one,everlasting,eternal,indestructible. Thanks for the generous compliment smiley

Too bad you do not see yourself as one. You are a God looking for yourself and yet cannot find because you are looking in the wrong places.You are they guy carrying the touch,perhaps you need to point it at yourself. But relax,it's OK,you will eventually find yourself even if it will take many lives.

Peace to my fellow God smiley

3 Likes

Re: Is God Necessary For Human Happiness? by Nobody: 9:38pm On Dec 09, 2015
BETATRON:
its logical not to by able to explain the essence of God
Why? Because He is the CREATOR and to give you a human example you can't expect a robot created by man to fathom the essence of the Human being and strt discussing his presence

When you say "his presence" without referring to "her presence", it becomes obvious God is finite. It should be yin and yang,male and female energy combining together to create,generate. This is why organized religion cannot explain God.....because they will expose its real concept

3 Likes

Re: Is God Necessary For Human Happiness? by winner01(m): 9:58pm On Dec 09, 2015
immortalcrown:
Your question is like asking if air is really necessary for human exertence.
Thread closed!!!
Re: Is God Necessary For Human Happiness? by HCpaul(m): 10:02pm On Dec 09, 2015
1feness:

I am a God,an Avatar,a reflection of God on this mode of existence. God and Me are one,everlasting,eternal,indestructible. Thanks for the generous compliment smiley

Too bad you do not see yourself as one. You are a God looking for yourself and yet cannot find because you are looking in the wrong places.You are they guy carrying the touch,perhaps you need to point it at yourself. But relax,it's OK,you will eventually find yourself even if it will take many lives.

Peace to my fellow God smiley

I will never invest my time on you any more.
You are not just ready to change.

I will keep praying for you, just because i love you.

Gud night.
Re: Is God Necessary For Human Happiness? by Nobody: 10:06pm On Dec 09, 2015
HCpaul:

I will never invest my time on you any more.
You are not just ready to change.

I will keep praying for you, just because i love you.

Gud night.

Praying for me means you are investing time in me....hmm how sweet cool

You do know that prayer is an act of gratitude for what already exists right?

2 Likes

Re: Is God Necessary For Human Happiness? by BETATRON(m): 10:49pm On Dec 09, 2015
1feness:

When you say "his presence" without referring to "her presence", it becomes obvious God is finite. It should be yin and yang,male and female energy combining together to create,generate. This is why organized religion cannot explain God.....because they will expose its real concept
hmm...but the word "HE" is used for various purposes and not necessarily needs a female equivalent all the time...for instance mother earth is referred as "she" because it abores us, agriculture uses the word "MAN" as a generalized term so when I said it in this context I refer to a "LIVING" creator not a FINITE one or a gender

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

How save your soul from eternal torment / I Am No Longer Part Of Christ Embassy – Anita Oyakhilome / Why Would God Need Humans To Serve Him.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.