Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,433 members, 7,815,980 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:44 PM

Someone Uses My Number On Whatsapp - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Someone Uses My Number On Whatsapp (1333 Views)

4 Reasons Why Ladies Block Their Last Seen On Whatsapp By Jumia Travel / How To Reveal Any Hidden Caller Identity(private Number) On Your Phone. / Short Code To Check Ur Phone Number On Mtn, Glo, Airtel And Etisalat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Someone Uses My Number On Whatsapp by samuelkaykay(m): 2:46pm On Dec 07, 2015
Dear Nairalanders,
I have been considering the right approach and who to consult on this issue.I bought a lycamobile sim here in England but later found out that someone uses it for whatsapp,also for defrauding people.
Can I install whatsapp with that number?
How can i stop him from using it since I am in possession of the sim?
Do I need to drop the line?
please,I will appreciate your advice and suggestions.
Thank you.
Re: Someone Uses My Number On Whatsapp by Nobody: 2:50pm On Dec 07, 2015
Mmmm...was the sim card new when I had it? U can report that to the telecommunication company so they will change it for u
Re: Someone Uses My Number On Whatsapp by samuelkaykay(m): 2:53pm On Dec 07, 2015
i bought the sim in shop,use it for calls and messaging but someone uses it for whatsapp.
Re: Someone Uses My Number On Whatsapp by Ephy56(m): 9:30pm On Dec 07, 2015
samuelkaykay:
Dear Nairalanders,
I have been considering the right approach and who to consult on this issue.I bought a lycamobile sim here in England but later found out that someone uses it for whatsapp,also for defrauding people.
Can I install whatsapp with that number?
How can i stop him from using it since I am in possession of the sim?
Do I need to drop the line?
please,I will appreciate your advice and suggestions.
Thank you.
try installing whatsapp with the same number, when you do that, you might receive messages on both phones. Then try changing the whatsapp number, when you change a verification code will be sent to the new number by text and since you possess the sim the other person can't change back to the number because each time he tries the verification code comes to you. I hope that helps. And pls try changing the number very late at night when the person might be sleeping so he doesn't notice and cancel the change

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Whatsapp Will Stop Working On Some Mobile Comes December 31, 2016. / Tecno W4 Users Only! / Google Set To Launch The Next Android OS During The August 21 Solar Eclipse

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.