Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,845 members, 7,810,256 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:58 AM

Latest NUC Ranking Is False. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Latest NUC Ranking Is False. (1245 Views)

See The Best Universities In Nigeria According To NUC Ranking / The UNIBEN Romantic Poisoning Story Is False!! / Latest And Official NUC Ranking Of Nigerian Varsities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Latest NUC Ranking Is False. by adeoladrg(m): 11:24pm On Dec 07, 2015
So early this morning I was at work. Cold and foggy as the harmattan has come to stay. I was less busy and was flipping through my phone. I decided to get into nairaland to see what was going on. So I saw this thread claiming NUC has released her latest University ranking and UI was the best University for 2015.

https://www.nairaland.com/2785434/nuc-names-university-ibadan-number

Fast forward to around 8pm, I received a call from Bae who is a student of UI. She then started to tell me how her classmates who saw the ranking made jest of my school (OOU) which sat 97th on the purported ranking. Well, I handled this part with maturity and entered BBM to lament about how Gov Amosun has refused to fund the university.

Then a law student claimed the ranking was false and I decided to do some research for myself.

Fact:

The last and latest NUC ranking came out in July, 2015 and it was based on webometrics.

http://campusportalng.com/top-universities-in-nigeria-university-ranking/

Before then the last NUC ranking was in January 2015.

http://www.360nobs.com/2015/01/nuc-releases-the-list-of-top-nigerian-universities-is-your-uni-on-it/

Lastly, the fake ranking that hit nairaland this morning is a 2013 ranking.

http://www.konknaijamedia.com/nuc-names-university-of-ibadan-number-1-in-nigeria-see-list-of-top-100/

This leaves me puzzled as to how just any thread can hit the front page without been thoroughly checked. The op of that thread just removed 2013 and inserted 2015. Thumbs up nairaland.

Mods, an apology won't be bad as thousands of Nigerians have been misinformed due to this mistake. Thank you.

Cc Seun, Obinoscopy, olawalebabs, Richiez, Fynestboi.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Latest NUC Ranking Is False. by talktonase(m): 11:26pm On Dec 07, 2015
So much for verification!
Re: Latest NUC Ranking Is False. by Johnrake69: 11:44pm On Dec 07, 2015
Alright
Re: Latest NUC Ranking Is False. by Chiscomax(m): 11:56pm On Dec 07, 2015
I get it. You guys are a few of the Pained!
Re: Latest NUC Ranking Is False. by roland2rule(m): 11:56pm On Dec 07, 2015
Mods, an apology won't be bad as thousands of Nigerians have been misinformed due to this mistake. Thank you. [/quote]

Apology grin grin grin.. They will soon ban you for mentioning APOLOGY...
wink :DNa only ban dey know grin
Re: Latest NUC Ranking Is False. by cardoso1111: 12:39am On Dec 08, 2015
Remind us the latest rank for UI and your OOU pls
Re: Latest NUC Ranking Is False. by adeoladrg(m): 12:51pm On Dec 08, 2015
cardoso1111:
Remind us the latest rank for UI and your OOU pls

1st and 34th
Re: Latest NUC Ranking Is False. by adeoladrg(m): 10:18pm On Jan 17, 2016
So I created this thread a few weeks ago. You mods didn't deem it fit to do some research. Yet you put that same list on the front page again.

Seun, Obinoscopy olawalebabs lalasticlala
Re: Latest NUC Ranking Is False. by Samgreguc(m): 6:59am On Feb 24, 2016
Fynestboi

(1) (Reply)

Phd Scholarship In Manitoba / I'm Confused Oo Pls Enlighten And Put Me Through Oooo / Neco Ssce Result

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.