Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,845 members, 7,813,853 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:50 PM

He Is Studing Chinese, Does He Have Hope? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / He Is Studing Chinese, Does He Have Hope? (1261 Views)

Unpaid Salaries: Hope Dims For Workers / Is There Any Hope For Microbiologist In Nigeria / Any Hope For A Database Administrator In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

He Is Studing Chinese, Does He Have Hope? by Nobody: 11:26pm On Dec 07, 2015
hey guys, i have this friend of mine we were both in the same commercial class in secondary school and he was actually more intelligent than me, we graduated last yr and wer both planning on entering unilag unfortunately fr us post utme spoilt d show, i ended up doing their diploma foundation program in accounting and i recently crossed over to 200l, but while i was doing d diploma i called my guy to know howfar wid his admission ( u know how sec schl is, after u finish every1 don scatter), he told me dah he got addmision, i knew it cudnt b accountn cuz d utme really fvckd us up, buh i was hoping he would get mayb bis admn or insurance, buh he told me he is studing chinese!!, i was like wtf guy!! from accounting to chinese!! i understand him nt wanting to stay at home, nd it wuld be fun being in lag together so i advised him to stil write jamb nxt year buh he said he's not writing, he just finishd 100l lst month nd i was wondering if he can get a good job with d course..
Re: He Is Studing Chinese, Does He Have Hope? by talktonase(m): 11:30pm On Dec 07, 2015
Every tin is made in china now! The guy will go places! NIA will find him for resoursful not to talk about many countries that have one business dealings with china or the other.
Re: He Is Studing Chinese, Does He Have Hope? by Cutehector(m): 11:34pm On Dec 07, 2015
By the time he becomes the ambassador to china, ur eye go open
Re: He Is Studing Chinese, Does He Have Hope? by immortalcrown(m): 11:37pm On Dec 07, 2015
talktonase:
Every tin is made in china now! The guy will go places! NIA will find him for resoursful not to talk about many countries that have one business dealings with china or the other.
Yes! He will go places but his journey may not be safe and peaceful if he fails to learn 'Taekwondo' or 'Takwando'.
Re: He Is Studing Chinese, Does He Have Hope? by talktonase(m): 11:40pm On Dec 07, 2015
immortalcrown:
Yes! He will go places but his journey may not be safe and peaceful if he fails to learn 'Taekwondo' or 'Takwando'.
Are you saying it is only teakwando that comes to your mind when China is mentioned?
Re: He Is Studing Chinese, Does He Have Hope? by Nobody: 11:43pm On Dec 07, 2015
talktonase:
but he's not the only one studying d course
Re: He Is Studing Chinese, Does He Have Hope? by immortalcrown(m): 11:44pm On Dec 07, 2015
talktonase:
Are you saying it is only teakwando that comes to your mind when China is mentioned?
No but it is the country's culture.
Re: He Is Studing Chinese, Does He Have Hope? by respect80(m): 11:44pm On Dec 07, 2015
Please ask your friend to help me interpret this small Chinese
月娥是因為他們是個國家安全
grin

2 Likes

Re: He Is Studing Chinese, Does He Have Hope? by talktonase(m): 11:53pm On Dec 07, 2015
immortalcrown:
No but it is the country's culture.
language is key! Have u met a china man speaking pigeon english,yoruba or hausa?You automatically feel he understands ur cultural orientation and you accept him and become hospitable,so is same for ur friend speakiin cantonese or mandarin

1 Like

Re: He Is Studing Chinese, Does He Have Hope? by umehmj(m): 11:57pm On Dec 07, 2015
ofcourse, i studied hanyu as a second course while in school and it was worth it.
Re: He Is Studing Chinese, Does He Have Hope? by Nobody: 12:36am On Dec 08, 2015
Is he studying Cantonese or mandarin?
The point is, it's not bad to learn linguistics..the more u learn foreign language, the more u can be flexible..
Re: He Is Studing Chinese, Does He Have Hope? by Nobody: 6:54am On Dec 08, 2015
First sign he has failed already: 'Chinese' is not a language, it's the ethnicity of the people. The languages're either mandarin or Cantonese.
Re: He Is Studing Chinese, Does He Have Hope? by PresVA: 9:41am On Dec 08, 2015
neo19250:
but he's not the only one studying d course
Are you the only one studying your own course? undecided

I think it's a good course..some people that read french are doing so well.. China has taken over USA as the biggest economy so being a pro in chinese isn't bad... He'll have opportunities. ..
He must have surely seen the opportunities hence his decision of not taking jamb again. ...

Also, worry about yourself. . You think cos you're studying accounting you're guaranteed a job? undecided

1 Like

Re: He Is Studing Chinese, Does He Have Hope? by Nobody: 1:49pm On Dec 08, 2015
PresVA:
Are you the only one studying your own course? undecided

I think it's a good course..some people that read french are doing so well.. China has taken over USA as the biggest economy so being a pro in chinese isn't bad... He'll have opportunities. ..
He must have surely seen the opportunities hence his decision of not taking jamb again. ...

Also, worry about yourself. . You think cos you're studying accounting you're guaranteed a job? undecided
im just in school to get my certificate, who wants to sit behind a desk for 30 years earning peanut.. dere othr ways of making it
Re: He Is Studing Chinese, Does He Have Hope? by Gerrard59(m): 2:08pm On Dec 08, 2015
There is nothing wrong in studying Chinese; although the Chinese here matters, better Mandarin. Like Jarushub would say, unless professional courses, companies nowadays don't care about what you study. Your friend can still apply to the Big 4 Audit firms( EY, PwC, AWD and KPMG) and become an Accountant by simply writing ICAN or ACCA. Should he make a First Class in the course, I am very sure he will get a scholarship from the Chinese government( information matters here).

The world is a global village, your friend is studying a course even the British government wants its kids to learn. I'm making plans to study German and hopefully add Chinese to it. Being bi-lingual can make you go places in most multinational firms; Goldman Sachs, JP Morgan, Unilever, UN, World Bank, Capgemeni, Mckinsey, Bain and company. I have since learned not to look down on any course, just perform exceptionally well academically and the sky is your starting point.

neo19250:
im just in school to get my certificate, who wants to sit behind a desk for 30 years earning peanut.. dere othr ways of making it

I am sure you are going towards the path of the "self-employment" folks. One fact you should know is that, for someone to be an effective "Entrepreneur" s/he needs to be an experienced employee. What the "self-employment" preachers have done is simply telling everyone to have a business( even if they aren't cut out for entrepreneurship), be "self-employed" even it means having dry-cleaning shops scattered everywhere as if Nigerians wear dirty clothes for a living.

2 Likes

Re: He Is Studing Chinese, Does He Have Hope? by PresVA: 2:45pm On Dec 08, 2015
neo19250:
There are other ways of making it.. so why are you worried about what your friend is studying? undecided
Re: He Is Studing Chinese, Does He Have Hope? by Nobody: 2:57pm On Dec 08, 2015
PresVA:
There are other ways of making it.. so why are you worried about what your friend is studying? undecided
im sorry, buh dah is d most stupid question iv ever seen on NL..

(1) (Reply)

Struvtural Design Of Rc Building, Steel Using Staadpro V8i In Lagos / Help / Welding School

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.