Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,044 members, 7,835,523 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:19 AM

Help - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Help (1265 Views)

What Do You Think I Should Do? I Need Your Advice! / God Has Done It For Me, I Just Got A Good Job / I Think My Staff Is Tired Of His Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help by Annalise(f): 2:58pm On Feb 29, 2016
Hello.

1 Like

Re: Help by rheether(f): 3:02pm On Feb 29, 2016
2.2 with zero experience? No hope for you in Nigeria.
Re: Help by Zelex9(m): 4:04pm On Feb 29, 2016
volunteering as a finance assistant is work experience, can't you find more of such opportunities? The 300 applications unsuccesful were for jobs in Nigeria I presume?

1 Like

Re: Help by Annalise(f): 4:51pm On Feb 29, 2016
Zelex9:
volunteering as a finance assistant is work experience, can't you find more of such opportunities? The 300 applications unsuccesful were for jobs in Nigeria I presume?

I had to leave because of time. I work part time in retail to support myself and also enrolled in full time education for ACCA. The 300 applications, about 10% were for jobs in Nigeria.
Re: Help by Zelex9(m): 5:43pm On Feb 29, 2016
Annalise:

I had to leave because of time. I work part time in retail to support myself and also enrolled in full time education for ACCA. The 300 applications, about 10% were for jobs in Nigeria.

Ok, I think I understand the situation better. Were these jobs mostly graduate schemes with regard to the UK applications? If so, have you tried speculative applications with a cover letter to SMEs, regarding junior staff roles?

Finding a job in Nigeria is going to be tough regardless if you have the experience or not, considering the job market. Of course there is hope! however, you may need to temper expectations and start off with any kind of relevant role (which may be financially inconvenient?) to gather experience and add to your qualifications.

1 Like

Re: Help by Annalise(f): 5:54pm On Feb 29, 2016
Zelex9:

Ok, I think I understand the situation better. Were these jobs mostly graduate schemes with regard to the UK applications? If so, have you tried speculative applications with a cover letter to SMEs, regarding junior staff roles?

Finding a job in Nigeria is going to be tough regardless if you have the experience or not, considering the job market. Of course there is hope! however, you may need to temper expectations and start off with any kind of relevant role (which may be financially inconvenient?) to gather experience and add to your qualifications.

I have applied to corner store accounting firms. I have applied to account payable and credit officer roles. Graduate schemes and internship positions from big 4 to the UK Civil service. I have run out of ideas.
Re: Help by Zelex9(m): 7:26pm On Feb 29, 2016
Annalise:

I have applied to corner store accounting firms. I have applied to account payable and credit officer roles. Graduate schemes and internship positions from big 4 to the UK Civil service. I have run out of ideas.

Those positions are extremely competitive particularly in the UK, you shouldn't feel too bad. I'm not really sure what you should with regards to applications but I feel like I said earlier try sending speculative applications to smaller companies (firms with less than 50 employees etc.)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help by QuantAnalyst: 6:48pm On Mar 20, 2016
Annalise:

Hello!
Re: Help by Annalise(f): 11:04pm On Mar 20, 2016
QuantAnalyst:

Hello!
Hi and thank you for your response (email). I'm not quite sure how nairaland dms work but I replied. I don't know if you got it.
Re: Help by QuantAnalyst: 5:40pm On Mar 21, 2016
Annalise:

Hi and thank you for your response (email). I'm not quite sure how nairaland dms work but I replied. I don't know if you got it.

Yes, I did.

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Army Short Service Combatant 2016 Recruitment / Learn A Skill & Start A Career Within 2weeks / Only 20 Serious Minded Volunteers Needed!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.