Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,361 members, 7,819,303 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:02 PM

Warren Buffett’s 10 Best Money Tips Of All Time - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Warren Buffett’s 10 Best Money Tips Of All Time (607 Views)

Warren Buffett’s 5/25 Rule Will Help You Focus On The Things That Matter / 10 Tips Of Organizing Your office / Best Money Making Blog Niches (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Warren Buffett’s 10 Best Money Tips Of All Time by mayorcon(m): 7:49am On Dec 08, 2015
Warren Buffett is one of the greatest investing and business minds today. But aside from his exponential investing success, Buffett is probably most famous for his humorous insights, colorful commentary and wise advice. It’s part of what makes him a perfect fit to be a finalist for the 2015 “Best Money Expert” competition, presented by GOBankingRates in collaboration with Ally Bank.
Buffett’s quotes are always entertaining, but some of them provide the perfect insights into how money works and what it really takes to grow wealth. This collection of 10 quotes represents the best pieces of personal finance advice Warren Buffett has ever given.
1. Never Lose Money

Warren Buffett’s No. 1 piece of advice for 2016 is one he follows as closely as he can: “Rule No. 1: Never lose money. Rule No. 2: Never forget rule No. 1.” This rule applies readily to investing — if you’re working from a loss, it’s that much harder to get back to where you started, let alone earn gains.
2. Get High Value at a Low Price

“Never lose money” is an even smarter rule when paired with another Buffett principle: “Price is what you pay; value is what you get,” Buffett wrote in the 2008 Berkshire Hathaway shareholder letter. Losing money can happen when the price you’re paying doesn’t match the value you’re getting — like when you’re paying high interest on credit card debt or spending on items you’ll rarely use.
Instead, be like Buffett and practice frugality by looking for opportunities to get more value at a lower price. “Whether we’re talking about socks or stocks, I like buying quality merchandise when it is marked down,” Buffett wrote.
3. Form Healthy Money Habits

“Most behavior is habitual,” Buffett said in a 2007 address at the University of Florida, “and they say that the chains of habit are too light to be felt until they are too heavy to be broken.” Habits are changeable, but the earlier you start the better.
“I think the biggest mistake is not learning the habits of saving properly early because saving is a habit,” Buffett said. Pay attention to money habits and work to strengthen those that help your finances, and break those that hurt your finances.
4. Avoid Debt, Especially Credit Card Debt. For More visits www.pogabiz.com

Re: Warren Buffett’s 10 Best Money Tips Of All Time by ericoleon(m): 10:39am On Dec 08, 2015
nice

(1) (Reply)

Help Me With A Writing Editor That You Know / Tread For Those That Applied For Tony Elumelu Entrepreneurship Program. / Gurus In The House : Please I Need Help With My Assignment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.