Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,652 members, 7,809,474 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:11 AM

Top 5 Nigerian Soups And Their Health Benefits. - Food (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Top 5 Nigerian Soups And Their Health Benefits. (52725 Views)

Top Five Tasty Nigerian Soups For Tourists / 4 Delicious Soups To Relish When In Edo / Top 10 Nigerian Snacks And Their Health Benefits (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 5 Nigerian Soups And Their Health Benefits. by elopee3000(m): 5:54pm On Dec 10, 2015
LadyFiona:
Where is your last paragraph coming from? I still reiterates that using snail to cook onugbu soup isn't popular in Idemili, so go figure. Or else it's usage would've been more prevalent in many of our ceremonies.

Idennaa, I beg to differ and let's agree to disagree. Discussions like this shouldn't degenerate to name callings and insults, keep it civil and give me instances.
ada ide am sorry for my out burst ,got small angry when u said snail can not be cooked with onugbu but am sorry for my out burst ,all d same ur my sister we can relate

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 5 Nigerian Soups And Their Health Benefits. by glossy6(f): 7:22am On Mar 12, 2016
Fabrolistic:

i beg to differ. The people in east do eat ewedu, though it's not that popular. Nsukka people(enugu state) call it elegle(ezike-oba fellows w'ld understand my stand). But they take it as a soup for the poor, those that can not afford ogbono.

Op, try and correct that mistake up there. Ogbono and ewedu are two different thing. While EWEDU SOUP is usually prepared with the ewedu leave, ogbono soup is made with the ogbono seed.

you dey mind op. Im talk sey na oha dem dey use cocoyam prepare.

The Anambrarians use cocoyam to thicken oha soup while others uses mkpuru offor, achi or akparata. He's correct in that aspect
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Soups And Their Health Benefits. by Baroba(m): 8:29am On Mar 28, 2016
janefrancisca:
No soup beats oha soup especially when it is prepared with goat meat, lots of okporoko, dry fish and grounded uziza seeds. ogiri is optional.

Can you stop please, Jeezusssu !!! Am salivating already..
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Soups And Their Health Benefits. by awesome4: 12:52pm On Apr 28, 2016
Bitter leave first ,oha , afang , edikang Kong in that other kiss kiss
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Soups And Their Health Benefits. by pink67(f): 3:57pm On May 26, 2016
Where's afang soup
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Soups And Their Health Benefits. by pink67(f): 9:08pm On May 27, 2016
Where is afang soup?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

My Brother Killed 2 Bushpig Today (PHOTOS) / Sapa Concoction Rice / 'When God Of Bush Meat Remembered Me'; Man Shares His Experience In Owerri. PICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.