Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,455 members, 7,823,063 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 11:07 PM

Photos: Nigerian Man With No Formal Education Builds Nigeria's First Handmade Ex - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Photos: Nigerian Man With No Formal Education Builds Nigeria's First Handmade Ex (934 Views)

16-Year-Old Builds Nigeria's First Ever Solar-Powered Car In Ebonyi / Nigerian Man Builds "Helicopter" In Oyo (photos) / Nigerian Man Builds Handmade Excavator (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Photos: Nigerian Man With No Formal Education Builds Nigeria's First Handmade Ex by Reediano(m): 9:16am On Dec 08, 2015
A mechanical genius from Imo state named Fidellis Nwachukwu has built an amazing prototype excavator with no formal education whatsoever!
[img]http://2.bp..com/-hPZ4PcoT8-U/VmXqf63D0KI/AAAAAAACGUM/TvvBBI6OfGc/s400/12338702_939149812787660_1505037948_n.jpg[/img]
Fidellis Nwachukwu displayed his prototype excavator at the Abuja international motor fair. According to hum, he has no formal training in engineering or mechanics, and that it was in fact a vision from God that inspired him to make the excavator. He said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhUCqP3qS4U
“I am truly gifted from God and I have the spirit that enlightens me on what to do.
Aside from being motivated by what he believes to be divine inspiration, Nwachukwu exhibits a laudable motivation to use his work to help his country.
“I have a lot to offer my country, my plan is to develop this excavator. We all know that Nigeria is technologically challenged, and we Nigerians and the government are ignorant about this. I have a lot to offer my country, my plan is to develop this excavator.
“We all know that Nigeria is technologically challenged, and we Nigerians and the government are ignorant about this.I have a lot to offer my country, my plan is to develop this excavator. We all know that Nigeria is technologically challenged, and we Nigerians and the government are ignorant about this.
“Technologies like this can bring about the improvement of our economy, that’s why I am eager to let Nigerians and the world know that we can develop our own technology.”

[img][/img]

Sadly, not only has Nwachukwu faced difficulty in finding enough capital to finance his excavator, he hasbeen accused of being a terrorist!
“Getting in touch with the government and private investors to support my work was difficult. At my first visit to the House of Assembly to get my work viewed, I was accused of being a Boko Haram member and sent away.”
Despite this, Nwachukwu is still optimistic about the future of his project.
“The government is supposed to see my work, especially the president, the president is like our father and I believe one day I would get the support I need.”
Nwachukwu said that he spent ₦ 200,000 on the prototype excavator and he needs ₦ 12,550,000 to buy the necessary equipment to launch full production.
Re: Photos: Nigerian Man With No Formal Education Builds Nigeria's First Handmade Ex by Abee79(m): 9:37am On Dec 08, 2015
Bravo!
* I hope the Government will empower him to know more and do more . . .

Re: Photos: Nigerian Man With No Formal Education Builds Nigeria's First Handmade Ex by Nobody: 9:55am On Dec 08, 2015
proudly 5%.
thumbs up mr 5%

(1) (Reply)

How To Identify Fake Apple Earpods | 2018 / In Need Of A Cafe Softwares/cafe Manager? / New Monkey Discovered

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.