Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,276 members, 7,839,379 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 06:01 PM

Blueprint 3 - Album Of The Year?? - Music/Radio (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Blueprint 3 - Album Of The Year?? (8993 Views)

Ife Wa Gbona By Tiwa Savage(Best Album of the Year) / Album Of The Year "asa" Download Here / Got The Full Album Of 2face Idibia (grass 2 Grace)! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Go Down)

Re: Blueprint 3 - Album Of The Year?? by MrCrackles(m): 11:12pm On Jun 08, 2009
~Sauron~:

Nas is not consistent. . . . . . Jigga dissed him on consistency.
"One hot album every 10-year average"
His freestyle ability is non-existent. . . . .He is a good poet, he raps off pen and paper just like 2Pac.
Breath control is NIL too. . . . . .Nas tends to force his flow when he is running outta breath. . . .He was guilty of this many times on "One Mic"
In short, Nas hasn't satisfied 50% of that list.

The fact that you dont like NAS doesnt mean you come around and started judging unfairly Sharon! grin
Breathe control on One Mic was average, yeah, but to claim breathe control overall is NIL, is bullshit, cork it!
If you think NAS hasnt satisfied up to 50% of your list, means EM and CANIBUS are locked head to head at about 5% of that list!
Who the hell is Jigga to diss NAS anyway? You use that as a yardstick to make in informed decision on his consistency? shocked
You are a fraud Sharon! grin
Re: Blueprint 3 - Album Of The Year?? by kaydee(m): 11:14pm On Jun 08, 2009
@ A-40

Aight man,i'll correct myself. One of the greatest albums of all time
Re: Blueprint 3 - Album Of The Year?? by Sauron1: 11:18pm On Jun 08, 2009
A-40:

@Sauron
Sharrap! Alariwo of NL Canibus had neither talent nor was he successful thats why he's so irrelevant look around the game and tell me any credible rapper that rates Canibus?
Izzo was better than anything Canibus has ever put out in his pathetic existence! Is it ma fault that no credible producer wants to be found on a Canibus track?Get outta here!
Comparing him to cats who have dropped multiple classics shows you have shit-bricks for brains

Your ignorance shines more than aurora borealis.
Canibus is one the most respected rapper in the game. . . . .What are you talking about?
Lemme put you to the sword on this. . . .

[flash=425,344]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CISn2iCo94w&hl=en&fs=1&"[/flash]

This is a video clip where KRS-1 and Common were admiring Canibus' lyrical skills.
KRS-1 went as far as saying Canibus' delivery and lyrics are not "Common"(a subliminal diss to Common).
Common got the message and confessed that in a track he did with Canibus, he got lyrically murdered.
His comment was. . . ."I wish i re-wrote my lyrics cos Canibus made me look like an amateur". grin grin

Ok so he wrecked Beanie Sigel's career you say? Touche at least Beanie Sigel had one what does Canibus have?

Sigel had a career?
Go and listen to Beanie Sigel diss from Canibus.
He burnt down the whole Roc-a-fella family. . . . .Jigga pretended it never happened and the beef fizzled out.
Re: Blueprint 3 - Album Of The Year?? by MrCrackles(m): 11:18pm On Jun 08, 2009
~Sauron~:

Eminem and Canibus are the only 2 MCs that have satisfied all the requirements.
Common and KRS-1 said so on "MC---Why We Do It" DVD.
Canibus has got style, delivery, voice, distinct rap patterns and ultra-consistent.
The only thing he lacks is production/promotion. . . . .Tell me a Nigga like Nas/Jigga can replicate "100 bars".
Canibus warned his fans: DON'T TRY THIS AT HOME and trust me, you will need paramedic's gurney if you think you can mime 100 bars. grin grin
Eldee ended up in a hospital the day he attempted it. . . . . He collapsed after 2 mins. cheesy grin

Get off the Canibus and Eminem dic.k Sauron, your obsession is becoming nauseating!
Canibus is only good at freelies nothing more
Dem dude can hack it or make sense to the mainstream ALLDAY
Canibus will prolly stand toe to toe to NAS, eventually get murdered, but EMINEM, fuc.k it! cheesy
Line up ten street cats and they will all tell you, they bleeps with NAS all day over EM
Apply this all over, and EM wont garner 10% with NAS coasting with the rest, do the maths!
grin
Re: Blueprint 3 - Album Of The Year?? by Sauron1: 11:23pm On Jun 08, 2009
MrCrackles:

Get off the Canibus and Eminem dic.k Sauron, your obsession is becoming nauseating!
Canibus is only good at freelies, nothing more
Dem dude can hack it or make sense to the mainstream

U sound like a woman experiencing menstrual pains?
Who gives a F about the mainstream? Rap is not supposed to be a goldmine.
It's an art. . . . .Whether a rapper makes it to the mainstream or not does not reduce his lyrical prowess.
The best rappers are the ones underground not your average Souljah Boy or MIMs.

MrCrackles:

Line up ten street cats and they will all tell you, they bleeps with NAS all day over EM
Apply this all over, and EM wont garner 10% with NAS coasting on the rest, do the maths!

Nas versus Eminem?? It's a tough call but Eminem will disgrace Nas. grin grin grin
Re: Blueprint 3 - Album Of The Year?? by Krayola(m): 11:28pm On Jun 08, 2009
If rap was all about battling canibus would be king. But it is not. . . there is much more to rap than lyrically ripping someone's head off and punchlines that don't do anything for the overall song. . . . and since Canibus sucks in every other department I don't understand why his name is even in the debate.
Re: Blueprint 3 - Album Of The Year?? by MrCrackles(m): 11:30pm On Jun 08, 2009
~Sauron~:

U sound like a woman experiencing menstrual pains?
Who gives a F about the mainstream? Rap is not supposed to be a goldmine.
It's an art. . . . .Whether a rapper makes it to the mainstream or not does not reduce his lyrical prowess.
The best rappers are the ones underground not your average Souljah Boy or MIMs.

Fuc.k MIMS or SOuljah dic.ks, i aint talking about chicken and mashed potatoes!
Canibus tried to get to the mainstream but his shit was shoved right back at him, FAILURE!
Canibus was left questioning his own lyrical prowess when he failed woefully trying to reach out to the mainstream
Agreed best rappers are the ones ringing the mixtape circuit and pimping it underground
Re: Blueprint 3 - Album Of The Year?? by eldee(m): 11:31pm On Jun 08, 2009
@Krayola
What the Bleep do you think you just spewed there??
Nas ain't real?? How many times have you heard Nas talking of loading gats like B.I.G??
This bloke just comes out to describe what he's seen in the projects,and u say that's fake??
At least we know he's not one of them rappers that lie against their parents to make multi-million dollar grossing movies.

How can you say Nas is not real?? Seriously, you don't need to comment on stuff you don't know.
And see who's talking bout fake. . . The Academy Awards are thinking of giving Bruno and Eminem the award for best On-screen Collaboration of the Year.

@Sauron
You want me to listen to Common??
The same person that lists Lil Wayne as one of Hiphop's Top Five on BET??

I'd rather listen to George Bush talk about Calculus
Re: Blueprint 3 - Album Of The Year?? by MrCrackles(m): 11:36pm On Jun 08, 2009
~Sauron~:

Nas versus Eminem?? It's a tough call but Eminem will disgrace Nas. grin grin grin

Nas Vs EM? shocked
You dont pair an heavyweight with a paperweight, Sharon! tongue
Fuc.k that, Jadakiss will crush Eminem's spine and feed his carcass to vultures! grin
Eminem is off radar dude, ESCO's bang on point
Re: Blueprint 3 - Album Of The Year?? by Sauron1: 11:38pm On Jun 08, 2009
Krayola:

If rap was all about battling canibus would be king. But it is not. . . there is much more to rap than lyrically ripping someone's head off and punchlines that don't do anything for the overall song. . . . and since Canibus sucks in every other department I don't understand why his name is even in the debate.

Krayola, what he lacks is not his FAULT!!!
He lacks a good production unit and his promotion crew are nothing to write home about.
Have u ever seen Canibus kicking knowledge on a song? Forget the punchlines and lyrically ripping someone's head.
That brother is the most educated rapper out there. . . . .KRS-ONE is supposed to be the most knowledgeable brother, isn' t it?
Did u hear his comments on that video clip?? When u have KRS-1 and Common analysing your lyrics, you are gifted.
Enuff said.

eldee:

@Krayola
Nas ain't real?? How many times have you heard Nas talking of loading gats like B.I.G??
This bloke just comes out to describe what he's seen in the projects,and u say that's fake??
At least we know he's not one of them rappers that lie against their parents to make multi-million dollar grossing movies.

Nas ain't real. . . . . .He never had first-hand experience with what he talked about.
Biggie actually sold drugs, same as Jigga man. Nas was a proper poppa's boy.
It's like Brash making records about shooting gats in South London. Thats a big FARCE.

@Sauron
You want me to listen to Common??
The same person that lists Lil Wayne as one of Hiphop's Top Five on BET??

I'd rather listen to George Bush talk about Calculus

So Common is not credible again? Common would whup Nas' ass with a horse-whip. cheesy
What about KRS-ONE. . . . . The Rap GURU? Is he irresponsible as well?
Y'all niggaz cannot think out of the box. It gets to you that a non-mainstream rapper is better than your heroes.
I laugh in SWAHILI. grin cheesy  Canibus >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Jay-Z, Nas and other pretenders.

MrCrackles:

Nas Vs EM? shocked
Fuc.k that, Jadakiss will crush Eminem's spine and feed his carcass to vultures! grin

If Canibus can disgrace Nas, AZ, Foxy Brown and Nature. . . . . .Who the Bleep is Nas??
I have told you cats the best rappers/lyricists left in the game are Canibus and Eminem.
Name one rapper these 2 cats have not destroyed in the game.
Jadakiss compared to Eminem? Brash. . . . . .Go and lie down. You are spewing trumpery.
Re: Blueprint 3 - Album Of The Year?? by eldee(m): 11:56pm On Jun 08, 2009
MrCrackles:

Nas Vs EM? shocked

Come on . . . stop insulting Eminem
You're underestimating the combination of Eminem and Eedris Abdulkareem grin grin

Faggidy, Faggidy Andy Annie
No it can't be, it's Annie and Amy
No it Annie and Andy

grin grin grin
Re: Blueprint 3 - Album Of The Year?? by Sauron1: 12:02am On Jun 09, 2009
eldee:

Come on . . . stop insulting Eminem
You're underestimating the combination of Eminem and Eedris Abdulkareem grin grin

Faggidy, Faggidy Andy Annie
No it can't be, it's Annie and Amy
No it Annie and Andy

grin grin grin

The same Eminem that MURDERED Jigga on his own shit?
He has maimed the so called GIANTS OF THE RAP INDUSTRY and you are still here disputing his lyrical power?
OMG. . . . . .It's "Faggoty" not "Faggidy". There's no such word as "Faggidy". grin
I recall Nas blaring "Oochie Wally Wally". The song that wrecked his career. grin grin grin grin
Re: Blueprint 3 - Album Of The Year?? by eldee(m): 12:04am On Jun 09, 2009
~Sauron~:

Nas ain't real. . . . . .He never had first-hand experience with what he talked about.
Biggie actually sold drugs, same as Jigga man. Nas was a proper poppa's boy.
It's like Brash making records about shooting gats in South London. Thats a big FARCE.

So Common is not credible again? Common would whup Nas' ass with a horse-whip. cheesy
What about KRS-ONE. . . . . The Rap GURU? Is he irresponsible as well?
Y'all niggaz cannot think out of the box. It gets to you that a non-mainstream rapper is better than your heroes.
I laugh in SWAHILI. grin cheesy  Canibus >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Jay-Z, Nas and other pretenders.
What I'm pointing out is that, I've seen Common say things to please people
Rappers aren't allowed to say what they want anymore, KRS-One came out praising Nelly the other day
Nelly's a worse rapper than MIMS, but rappers now only spit the truth in their songs

Nas lived in the projects, grew up there, watched his best friend die, was in street Freestyle battles . . . infact, he got his record deal from the streets.
He was the 3rd eye in the streets, watched things happened like a researcher and dropped them on poems.
His view was unique cause he was schooled, he could see things from different perspectives, he didn't even have to take sides.
The perspective Nas gave us will never come from any other rapper . . . they'll either be too involved or too detached.
Re: Blueprint 3 - Album Of The Year?? by eldee(m): 12:18am On Jun 09, 2009
~Sauron~:

OMG. . . . . .It's "Faggoty" not "Faggidy". There's no such word as "Faggidy". grin
Come on, we all know Eminem has his special dictionary where he get's to use words like 'baleed' grin grin

I heard the Underground Remix Ft Eedris . . . tongues cannot describe tongue tongue

~Sauron~:

The same Eminem that MURDERED Jigga on his own shit?
He has maimed the so called GIANTS OF THE RAP INDUSTRY and you are still here disputing his lyrical power?
You have written a whole thesis on Renegade . . . it's boring already
Now tell me, which other people has he murked?? Elton John?? tongue

~Sauron~:

I recall Nas blaring "Oochie Wally Wally". The song that wrecked his career. grin grin grin grin
Do you want us to start this??
We made you, Just Lose It, 3a.m(AKA Ojuju Calabar), the list is endless
Eminem's will never be taken serious by the hiphop nation
Re: Blueprint 3 - Album Of The Year?? by Sauron1: 12:24am On Jun 09, 2009
eldee:

What I'm pointing out is that, I've seen Common say things to please people
Rappers aren't allowed to say what they want anymore, KRS-One came out praising Nelly the other day
Nelly's a worse rapper than MIMS, but rappers now only spit the truth in their songs.

Are u saying Common is not credible??
Please explain yourself properly. . . . .Common is one of the most respected cats out there.
He just admitted Canibus' level is up there. A man ahead of his time. grin

Nas lived in the projects, grew up there, watched his best friend die, was in street Freestyle battles . . . infact, he got his record deal from the streets.
He was the 3rd eye in the streets, watched things happened like a researcher and dropped them on poems.

Every nigga residing in the projects of Queensbridge has a story to tell.
Please, don't gimme that he was the 3rd eye on the streets bullshit.
Matter of fact, 2Pac gave more stories than Nas did.

His view was unique cause he was schooled, he could see things from different perspectives, he didn't even have to take sides.
The perspective Nas gave us will never come from any other rapper . . . they'll either be too involved or too detached.

The schooling was what discredited Nas. It worked against him.
Real niggaz don't respect schoolboys especially a dude like Nas that went to a private school.
Nas saw nothing. The real hard knock niggaz were Biggie, Big L.

eldee:

Come on, we all know Eminem has his special dictionary where he get's to use words like 'baleed' grin grin

He's a wordsmith. . . . .He has a way with words.
This is why he's ripping SoundScan. . . . .Something Nas can never achieve while staying true to the true hip-hop flavour.

I heard the Underground Remix Ft Eedris . . . tongues cannot describe tongue tongue
You have written a whole thesis on Renegade . . . it's boring already

ROFLMAO.
It's a gigantic landslide the way Eminem murdered someone on his own shit. grin grin
I heard he's going to feature Eminem on Blueprint III.
Lets hope he won't get maimed again. cheesy

Now tell me, which other people has he murked?? Elton John?? tongue
Do you want us to start this??
We made you, Just Lose It, 3a.m(AKA Ojuju Calabar), the list is endless
Eminem's will never be taken serious by the hiphop nation

Eminem has murked everything put against him since he shot into limelight.
Why do you think Nas has never featured him? He doesn't want what happened to Jigga to come back and bite him.
Nas has a way of running away from Niggaz that can murk him.
He opted to remove his verse from Desperados when he couldn't match Canibus in 1997.
The residue leaked and i wept for Nas. grin grin
Re: Blueprint 3 - Album Of The Year?? by A40(m): 12:27am On Jun 09, 2009
@Sauron
Most respected rapper in the game? Who are you? Wanda Sykes! They where just being courteous i am sure they would have one or two cool things to say about even soulja boy besides rappers are like lawyers they would rarely run you down to your face they'd rather we fans do them the favor of telling them they are whack.No one respects Canibus he is yet to influence any credible rapper in anyway no one wants to rap like him he was and is a failure

Sigel is better than Canibus he dropped two solid albums The Truth and The B.Coming talkless of countless classic guest verses on Jay-Z,Scarface and Freeway tracks trust me it jizzes on anything Canibus ever put out.Besides how can Jigga respond to a non-entity like Canibus someone LL Cool J(woman wrapper) crushed and turned to a vegetable! dude you should try slapstick comedy in your spare time.Did you really think Jay-Z would give him that career meal ticket and launch/lunch pad by granting him beef with the Roc so he could get some free promo
Re: Blueprint 3 - Album Of The Year?? by Krayola(m): 12:33am On Jun 09, 2009
eldee:

@Krayola

How can you say Nas is not real?? Seriously, you don't need to comment on stuff you don't know.

Are you fukn kiddin me? Where the hell did the name Nas ESCOBAR come from? That don't sound like the name of some poet from the projects, that sounds to me like a wannabe gangsta. Nas tried to switch his image. . . several times

Listen to "The Firm" . . Nas' first attempt at gangstadom . . better yet here are the 2 videos from it. .  here's your "real" Nas poppin champagne and runnin from the feds.

[flash=400,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HM9zpTTZirk&hl=en&fs=1[/flash]
[flash=400,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6aWqxccthsM&hl=en&fs=1&[/flash]

"Is it "oochie wally wally" or is it "one mic"
is it black girl lost or shawty owe you for ice?",  Jay Z

I've heard everything Nas has ever put out. . . he just went back to the "kid from the projects rapping about what he sees" when he realized he couldn't compete with the other guys that were doing the gangsta shit. When biggie came out that whole gangsta shit was so hot that everybody was jumpin on it. Nas included,  that is when there were a whole bunch of young cats from the East,  Mobb deep, Capone and Norega, Cormega, etc. . .Nas was part of that whole movement, going around doing shows with mobb deep and them, appearing on underground camcorder footage with his boys smoking blunts and talkin all gangsta. It didn't work for him and when Jigga started dissing him he went back to who he really was. Nas is lucky to have been signed with one of the best labels and they handled his career very well. Thats what kept him relevant, plus his talent. His business mind is non existent, he is not a hustla . .  he's just a smart guy that grew up in the projects.

~Sauron~:

Krayola, what he lacks is not his FAULT!!!
He lacks a good production unit and his promotion crew are nothing to write home about.
Have u ever seen Canibus kicking knowledge on a song? Forget the punchlines and lyrically ripping someone's head.
That brother is the most educated rapper out there. . . . .KRS-ONE is supposed to be the most knowledgeable brother, isn' t it?
Did u hear his comments on that video clip?? When u have KRS-1 and Common analysing your lyrics, you are gifted.
Enuff said.

WHat do you mean it's not his fault? If his production team sucks then he should go out and shop for beats from other producers. . .  he can't write lyrics that appeal to anyone who isn't a die hard fan of his. I used to love Canibus, Sauron. I used to be in your shoes going around defending him. When he dropped 2nd round knockout I swear I would have had his babies if it was biologically possible. I waited in front of HMV as usual the day his album came out and I have hated him ever since. Fukn buzz kill. The guy is a lamester. I liked the first song on the album but the rest of it was a disaster. I remember that tape sitting in my car for months. . I never touched it after that day

Being educated has nothing to do with being a good artist. Canibus is a good rapper, but a terrible artist. And back then i was so in love with rap, i was willing to try to like an album even if it wasn't great. With Canibus it was so bad that i just don't care what he has to say anymore.
Re: Blueprint 3 - Album Of The Year?? by Sauron1: 1:00am On Jun 09, 2009
Krayola:

WHat do you mean it's not his fault? If his production team sucks then he should go out and shop for beats from other producers. . . he can't write lyrics that appeal to anyone who isn't a die hard fan of his. I used to love Canibus, Sauron. I used to be in your shoes going around defending him. When he dropped 2nd round knockout I swear I would have had his babies if it was biologically possible.

Must he switch his flows so people can love him?
People are supposed to respect what he represents. . . . .As soon as you start switching to win people's love then something is wrong.
Look at Nas Jigga and many others. This is why 2Pac and Biggie will always be legends.
People loved what they had to offer. It's a take it or leave it thingy. . . . .

I waited in front of HMV as usual the day his album came out and I have hated him ever since. Fukn buzz kill. The guy is a lamester. I liked the first song on the album but the rest of it was a disaster. I remember that tape sitting in my car for months. . I never touched it after that day

I was at HMV on this day too. . . . . .Schoolboys waiting in front of HMV to listen to 2000 B.C.
To be honest, i like the sophomore album than the first. Wyclef messed him up with watery beats/weak production on the first album.
He wanted to be independent(he is one proud nigga who would stay true to his roots no matter what happens).
Canibus is a legend.

Being educated has nothing to do with being a good artist. Canibus is a good rapper, but a terrible artist. And back then i was so in love with rap, i was willing to try to like an album even if it wasn't great. With Canibus it was so bad that i just don't care what he has to say anymore.

I agree with this 100%
He cannot make good songs but if you take time to listen to his lyrics, he is so far ahead of his time.
In 2000, he was bursting lyrics like . . . . .

Wit rhymes that appear clearer than liquid crystal
My lyrical is more visual than television screen pixels
I fire pistols, hit you wit minature missles
Riddle ya body wit holes then watch the blood sprinkle
Ya probably had no idea what you was gettin into
On the mic, CAN-I-BUS is invincible

I'll fly ya body outta dallas
Perform plastic surgery while we airborne and switch caskets
Then lie to the masses
I'll tell em that you got murdered over some east/west beef, between rappers
Radio stations will express they sadness
Play classics back to back and pass out STOP THE VIOLENCE pamphlets
Re: Blueprint 3 - Album Of The Year?? by Krayola(m): 1:09am On Jun 09, 2009
@ Sauron . . . YOu will never hear me question his lyrical ability.

For me, rap is a whole lot more than lyrics. I'm not interested in pointless punch lines and an impressive vocabulary. I appreciate all that, but that is not what makes me like an artist. I want an artist to take me into his world. It is the overall vibe i get from the music (intrigue, creativity, sound quality, etc all help). I don't judge artists, I judge their music. I have never been influenced by an image or marketing. Its all in the music for me.

I can't stand 50 cents, for example . . . I was a big fan of his old stuff before he signed with shady (then he was just a real gutter boy looking for trouble and i appreciated his realness), but I hate all his new stuff. Nevertheless "Get rich or die trying" is still one of my favorites, even though I can't stand him. His lyrics are very ordinary, but the songs are quality. . and i enjoy the feeling i get from listening to it . I'm willing to listen to artists that i don't like if they make good music.

I respect your opinion, I know music is all about personal taste . . .  but Canibus just doesn't do it for me.
Re: Blueprint 3 - Album Of The Year?? by Sauron1: 1:20am On Jun 09, 2009
Krayola:

@ Sauron . . . YOu will never hear me question his lyrical ability.

For me, rap is a whole lot more than lyrics. I'm not interested in pointless punch lines and an impressive vocabulary. I appreciate all that, but that is not what makes me like an artist. I want an artist to take me into his world. It is the overall vibe i get from the music (intrigue, creativity, sound quality, etc all help). I don't judge artists, I judge their music. I have never been influenced by an image or marketing. Its all in the music for me.

I can't stand 50 cents, for example . . . I was a big fan of his old stuff before he signed with shady (then he was just a real gutter boy looking for trouble and i appreciated his realness), but I hate all his new stuff. Nevertheless "Get rich or die trying is still one of my favorites", even though I can't stand him. His lyrics are very ordinary, but the songs are quality. . and i enjoy the feeling i get from listening to it . I'm willing to listen to artists that i don't like if they make good music.

I respect your opinion, I know music is all about personal taste . . . but Canibus just doesn't do it for me.

I respect yours too. . . . . .This has taken us back to the "Rhythm versus Lyrics" debate.
For me, i can listen to a whole rap album in acapella.
Lyrics make me high. cheesy cheesy cheesy
I enjoy freestyles more than rap songs and this must be the reason i cannot see beyond Bis.
Re: Blueprint 3 - Album Of The Year?? by Sauron1: 1:46am On Jun 09, 2009
A-40:

@Sauron
Most respected rapper in the game? Who are you? Wanda Sykes! They where just being courteous i am sure they would have one or two cool things to say about even soulja boy besides rappers are like lawyers they would rarely run you down to your face they'd rather we fans do them the favor of telling them they are whack.No one respects Canibus he is yet to influence any credible rapper in anyway no one wants to rap like him he was and is a failure.

They were being courteous?
How courteous can one get admitting another rapper made him feel stupid on a rap record? U are clueless.
Stop saying no one respects Canibus. KRS-1, Common and & Ice Cube all admitted Canibus was the fiercest MC out there.
Go and get the DVD of "MC: Why We Do It". . . . .It's a documentary based on the real spitters of the ART.
Jigga and Nas(pop artistes) didn't even feature on it. Excuse Me Miss is not a rap song. grin grin

Sigel is better than Canibus he dropped two solid albums The Truth and The B.Coming talkless of countless classic guest verses on Jay-Z,Scarface and Freeway tracks trust me it jizzes on anything Canibus ever put out.

Sigel better than Canibus?? Try Rasqie is better than AZ or Sasha better than Lauryn Hill.
Beanie Sigel? Jigga's lap-dog? Who reckons with Beanie Sigel? Does he have a career.
When time permits me, i would print the way Canibus lyrically murdered his family tree here.

Besides how can Jigga respond to a non-entity like Canibus someone LL Cool J(woman wrapper) crushed and turned to a vegetable! dude you should try slapstick comedy in your spare time.Did you really think Jay-Z would give him that career meal ticket and launch/lunch pad by granting him beef with the Roc so he could get some free promo

Jigga himself has been found out.
He is a biter. If the year was 1989, Jigga will never rap again cos in those years. . . . BITING was a heinous crime.
Jigga made a career from biting from the DEAD. Canibus would destroy what took Jigga 13 years to build in 4 mins of freestyling.
Canibus is not after the commercial bullshit and only an idiot would belive LL Cool J crushed Canibus.

Listen to Canibus lyrically detaching LL Cool J's sinews on a freestyle.
This was before he made this into 2nd round K.O.
Watch how DMX and co were wowing to Canibus' lyrical dexterity.
This was after he murdered X, Redman, LL Cool J and Methodman on 4,3,2,1 remix.

[flash=425,344]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhhPAPRA0is&hl=en&fs=1&"[/flash]
Re: Blueprint 3 - Album Of The Year?? by kaydee(m): 2:15am On Jun 09, 2009
@ Sauron

I can't believe you're saying this bout Biz? Still wondering how U became his fan
Re: Blueprint 3 - Album Of The Year?? by jeff101: 11:59am On Jun 09, 2009
Irregardless of whatever you guys say,hova will always be the best and the greatest rapper that ever lived.
Re: Blueprint 3 - Album Of The Year?? by MrCrackles(m): 7:21pm On Jun 09, 2009
jeff101:

Irregardless of whatever you guys say[b],hova will always be the best and the greatest rapper that ever lived.[/b]

shocked shocked shocked shocked

Dont say that again, seriously!
Re: Blueprint 3 - Album Of The Year?? by MasterUgwe(m): 8:51pm On Jun 09, 2009
jeff101:

Irregardless of whatever you guys say,hova will always be the best and the greatest rapper that ever lived.

Realy? na not Jigga, has to be Pac. Am a big Jay fan, but Pac is just total package.
Re: Blueprint 3 - Album Of The Year?? by Bamsyle(m): 8:53pm On Jun 09, 2009
@Sauron

Nas smokes Eminem. By a country mile. I could borrow a thousand tongues to say that . . . he's the definition of a true MC and Eminem isn’t close to his level of talent, lyrics, and ingenious flow . . . plus he has put out more eminent material than eminem . . . nothing Eminem has put out is close to Illmatic . . . it’s instructive that your list of greatest rap albums contains Illmatic and nutin from Eminem . . .

Nas has been very instrumental in creating part of the big image that pops up in your mind when the word "Hip Hop" is mentioned . . . he's got more depth, and most of the time, he raps about stuff that you can’t put a "For Sale" tag on . . .

Nas' biggest sin is that he ain't consistent . . . but mess that . . . for every mediocre track he's made, there are like three heavy and undeniably great tracks to smudge 'em . . .

Agreed that Nas took shots at the mainstream bandwagon for some time . . . and he failed . . . but during this period, we never forgot him - we knew that there was a real artiste in the burners . . . plus fortunately, he came back with great albums . . . and mess that, how many artistes can boast of this kind of pedigree?? . . . I mean - hittin' on success, experimenting with failure, and still being able to stage a comeback . . . we all knew how Canibus hit the final nail on his coffin with his lame attempts at going mainstream . . .

Pit both dudes against each other . . . analyze 'em without bias . . . pound for pound . . . what has Eminem got apart from spittin' bout controversies?? . . . I laugh when I hear sturvs like Eminem rhymes words that ordinarily wouldn't rhyme . . . funny, cos Rakim was the cat that invented that concept a la his Paid In Full album in 1987 (where was Eminem then?) . . . and after that, the concept became played by other MCs . . . Eminem might have taken it to a new level but does that make him the King of Rap

And hey, Eminem ain’t the best freestyler . . . stop spreading false info . . . he pens his lyrics . . . Eminem can’t even lace Biggie’s shoes as far as freestyling's concerned . . . and mess the radio thingy . . . just because you can cook up a word to rhyme with another word that someone calls out doesn't make you a good freestyler . . . there are cats who can come up with more than 5 straight minutes of knotty rhymes  . . . and spit 'em with velvety-smooth rhythm . . . and plzzz, when we’re talkin' freestyle, don’t even mention 8 mile . . . you and I know why . . .

Eminem now has a quarter of the buzz he once did . . . and that's mostly cos he's a shock value artist . . . and he just ain't shocking no more . . . nowadays, he's just strugglin' to keep the pace with which he started - prolly his reason for sucking Borat's you-know-what . . .

Quit being sentimental . . . sit down and analyze thangs properly . . . when talkin' bout Rap's Greats, Nas is in with cats like Ice Cube, KRS-One, Rakim, 2pac, Biggie . . . and I'm not even talking "Influence" . . . I'm talkin' bout an evergreen style . . . a style that refuses to die with time . . .

Nas is the quintessential MC . . . how many of his evergreen joints must I list to prove this?? Is it "If I Rule The World", "NY State of Mind", "Made You Look" . . . Is it "One Mic"?? - the vivid imagery, the powerful lyrics, the energy, the tempo . . . listen to this joint again and tell me you can't perceive the smell of the streets in "One Mic" . . .

Now this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLyYJ_X5vFg - Desperados 2

I’ve observed your penchant for being overtly sentimental about certain things . . . on the Desperados 2 track, I don't know how any neutral head'll say Canibus murked Nas, Foxy and AZ . . . what was special about Bis' lyrics/delivery on that track?

When I think "Nas", I think "Core Poet/Lyrics & Skill" . . . when I think "Eminem",  I think "Ingenious Artistry . . . aided by Controversy" . . .

Nas compared to Eminem?? . . . Holy Smoke, the major thang that makes such thoughts even conceivable is the fact that Nas does not make noise . . . Eminem is a noisemaker.

Pray, tell me - what makes Eminem different from Marilyn Manson??
Re: Blueprint 3 - Album Of The Year?? by follypimpi(m): 9:29pm On Jun 09, 2009
jigga is a Bitter.
Re: Blueprint 3 - Album Of The Year?? by chiogo(f): 12:23am On Jun 10, 2009
eldee:

And see who's talking bout fake. . . The Academy Awards are thinking of giving Bruno and Eminem the award for best On-screen Collaboration of the Year.
LOL, I heard that too. Who woulda thought the whole thing was staged?!? won't be surprised if this Eminem is gay.  cheesy
Re: Blueprint 3 - Album Of The Year?? by A40(m): 12:25am On Jun 10, 2009
@jeff101
God bless you! he is the Best Rapper Alive
And no Jigga hater should edit ma post

@Sauron
I have heard Common talk about The Game and Lil Wayne like they are Pac and BIG trust me he was being courteous no one respects Canibu7 to use any of his material on any of their songs that should tell your coconut head something
Are you high on Reggie Miller Lite? must Jigga and Nas be on every hip hop related DVD?

Beanie Sigel is way better than that failure called Canibus! Canibus the the lyrical murderer haha where is the failure today let him revive his comatose career with his so-called lyrics.I laugh in Guatemalan

Canibus is at par with Jay-Z's bodyguard
When Canibus is able to put out a decent album let him come and spar with Freeway or Memph Bleek before stepping up to the godMC
Only an idiot thing like you would not know Bis's career died an untimely death after his beef with LL or has he recovered since? The most amusing thing is he knows he has failed and has since quit the game while you are here shouting yourself hoarse maybe you should help him with a comeback album
Re: Blueprint 3 - Album Of The Year?? by Bamsyle(m): 9:43am On Jun 10, 2009
A-40:

@Sauron
I have heard Common talk about The Game and Lil Wayne like they are Pac and BIG trust me he was being courteous no one respects Canibu7 to use any of his material on any of their songs that should tell your coconut head something
Are you high on Reggie Miller Lite? must Jigga and Nas be on every hip hop related DVD?

Co-signed.

Mutual respect is one of the unwritten laws of Hip Hop (Game Respect Game/Coast Respect Coast/Crew Respect Crew) . . . I remember Redman/Methodman being asked on BET what they felt about Soulja Boy and Red said it's all good, he respects him cos he's doing fine and feeding his family . . .

Plus letz get thangs straight - Methodman in that same interview chose to keep quiet . . . but you could see it in his eyes that he was in total disagreement with Red's opinion . . . KRS One and Common are not known to be opinionated beyond what they spit on records . . . you can imagine if an opinionated dude like 2pac was asked to comment on Bis 'lyrical prowess' . . .

Respect is expected even amongst humans in general . . . in public, anyone can praise his colleague to the high heavens . . . in private, Canibus ain't shiite to KRS-One and Common - how do you even know KRS-One wasn't being ironical referring to Bis' lyrics as being uncommon? . . . the dude just spits jargons - where have those uncommon lyrics led him to?? Canibus is a monumental failure.

Same Canibus that an average rapper like LL Cool J finished in one clean swipe??
Re: Blueprint 3 - Album Of The Year?? by Sauron1: 3:13pm On Jun 10, 2009
Bamsyle:

Nas' biggest sin is that he ain't consistent . . . but mess that . . . for every mediocre track he's made, there are like three heavy and undeniably great tracks to smudge 'em . . .

He said it. . . . . . . .Bamsyle said it.
An inconsistent rapper AT THIS TOP LEVEL is wack, abeg. We all know what a "grin" grade would do to the CGPA of a 1st class student.
I would never use the word "inconsistent" for 2Pac, Biggie and even Jigga.

At least Jigga has been consistent with his wack vocabulary and weak metaphors but he is consistent at his wackness.
How can a nigga as bright as Nas fade off like a $5 rapper. . . . . .He got there before Biggie and see what has become of him.
Bleep Nas, abeg. His last 2 albums are nothing to write home about. . . . He shouldn't have joined Roc-a-fella.

Agreed that Nas took shots at the mainstream bandwagon for some time . . . and he failed . . . but during this period, we never forgot him - we knew that there was a real artiste in the burners . . . plus fortunately, he came back with great albums . . . and mess that, how many artistes can boast of this kind of pedigree?? . . . I mean - hittin' on success, experimenting with failure, and still being able to stage a comeback . . . we all knew how Canibus hit the final nail on his coffin with his lame attempts at going mainstream . . .

He failed with DRE. . . . . . . .I never thunk that was possible.
Snoop, Eminem and even Fiddy all made it with Dre. . . . but Nas failed monumentally.
Since his mother died, "Stillmatic" is the only album close to being a classic.
Yea. . . . I said it. grin grin grin

Pit both dudes against each other . . . analyze 'em without bias . . . pound for pound . . . what has Eminem got apart from spittin' bout controversies?? . . . I laugh when I hear sturvs like Eminem rhymes words that ordinarily wouldn't rhyme . . . funny, cos Rakim was the cat that invented that concept a la his Paid In Full album in 1987 (where was Eminem then?) . . . and after that, the concept became played by other MCs . . . Eminem might have taken it to a new level but does that make him the King of Rap

Where was Eminem in 87? Eminem was just 15 years old in 87.
How does old age = legend?? With your theory, MC Hammer is better than 2Pac. . . . . .Bobby Brown is also better than R. Kelly.
Enough of this old school dickriding. . . . .Rakim was a superb rapper but abeg Eminem gave rap a new dimension when most of the cats in the mainstream are all about Lexus, Rolex and Champagne. I am yet to hear Eminem talk about the car he drives.

And hey, Eminem ain’t the best freestyler . . . stop spreading false info . . . he pens his lyrics . . . Eminem can’t even lace Biggie’s shoes as far as freestyling's concerned . . . and mess the radio thingy . . . just because you can cook up a word to rhyme with another word that someone calls out doesn't make you a good freestyler . . . there are cats who can come up with more than 5 straight minutes of knotty rhymes  . . . and spit 'em with velvety-smooth rhythm . . . and plzzz, when we’re talkin' freestyle, don’t even mention 8 mile . . . you and I know why . . .

Bamsyle, i will stop this debate if you say Eminem is not a freestylist. . . . .What are you talking about.
He grew up battling. . . . . .He is a wigga. To get to where he is now, he had to work twice as HARD.
Apart from Canibus, i dunno anyone better than Eminem at freestyling. . . .He has a vocab pool that woulda given Biggie Smallz the chillz.
Christ Almighty. . . . . .This is the first time i am hearing Eminem ain't the best freestylist.

[flash=425,344]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwyOfqbP8JU&hl=en&fs=1&" [/flash]

This was Eminem 3 weeks ago when he came to the UK to promote his album.
If Nas/Jigga could do 30% of this, i would eat my own arms.
Bleep it, Bam. . . . . .If you can find ANY FREESTYLE of ANY RAPPER doper than this Eminem's new freestyle, i would do a SEX CHANGE. grin
This is freestyle at it's very best. He is the only one i know who does the freestyle aerobics on a regular basis.
Eminem is a beast. . . . . .Nas/Jigga don't even come close at all.

Nas is the quintessential MC . . . how many of his evergreen joints must I list to prove this?? Is it "If I Rule The World", "NY State of Mind", "Made You Look" . . . Is it "One Mic"?? - the vivid imagery, the powerful lyrics, the energy, the tempo . . . listen to this joint again and tell me you can't perceive the smell of the streets in "One Mic" . . .

After 15 years in the rap game, i am surprised Nas does not have 20 evergreen joints.
By year 2014, i would be talking about 40 ever green joins from Eminem.
Like Jigga said, Nas started well but he faded off like a fake denim material soaked in a detergent.

Now this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLyYJ_X5vFg - Desperados 2
I’ve observed your penchant for being overtly sentimental about certain things . . . on the Desperados 2 track, I don't know how any neutral head'll say Canibus murked Nas, Foxy and AZ . . . what was special about Bis' lyrics/delivery on that track?

Everyone knows Canibus killed everyone on Desperado 2.
Nature was the closest to him. . . . .Nas' delivery was so wack he deleted his verse from the album version.
Go to any rap site on the web space and read the general consensus on that track. . . . .On everyone's lips. . . .Bis killed THE FIRM.
At least you have shown a high degree of rap knowledge digging out Desperado 2(Kaydee swore on his life there was no Desperado 2) and he is the first to say i dunno about Hip-Hop. grin grin grin

When I think "Nas", I think "Core Poet/Lyrics & Skill" . . . when I think "Eminem",  I think "Ingenious Artistry . . . aided by Controversy"
Nas compared to Eminem?? . . . Holy Smoke, the major thang that makes such thoughts even conceivable is the fact that Nas does not make noise . . . Eminem is a noisemaker.
Pray, tell me - what makes Eminem different from Marilyn Manson??

I dunno what Nas has got that Eminem doesn't have in quadruple fold.
Eminem is savvy, he kids, he plays, he is the business, he is hardcore.
Sweet Jesus, Eminem is the shiznit. Dre has worked with both of em and he said on "MC: Why We Do It" DVD that Eminem is the most brilliant rapper he has ever worked it. Who would know better than "Andre The Giant".
Re: Blueprint 3 - Album Of The Year?? by Bamsyle(m): 7:06pm On Jun 10, 2009
@Sauron

You need to chill and understand what I mean before you burst a vessel . . .  cheesy

By inconsistent, I mean Nas has put out some mediocre tracks in the history of his career . . . just like every other hot, lukewarm or wack MC . . .

Just like Eminem.

And again I say - for every mediocre track he has released, there are, on average, three tracks to smoke 'em out . . . geddit bruv!!!

And talking 'bout inconsistency . . . how about Sauron being inconsistent When the Untitled album dropped, you copped it on i-tunes and jerked to it . . . if you want me to dig out your comments less than a year ago on that album, I can . . . it was a classic album to you then . . . so what's happening now, bruv??

Still on inconsistency, how about Eminem's Encore?? . . . what about Infinite where he was accused of and even admitted sounding like Nas?? . . . how about Eminem's garbage appearances during his hiatus (Smack That, Peep Show, etc)?? Ain't you forgetting in a hurry??

All hot MCs are humans like you and I . . . they're not demi-gods . . . they eat, sleep, drink . . . they err . . . and the longer the career, the more mix of the good, bad, and ugly . . .

How has Nas faded off?? In spite of his donkey years in the industry, he's still more relevant than Canibus and Eminem waxed together and multiplied by 4.

Snoop, Eminem, Fiddy - these are ALL mainstream rappers . . . Dre excels at producing such . . . do we need to arrange a special class for you on this?? Nas' style is different . . . he's underground . . . and I daresay the most successful underground MC ever to bless the mic . . .

And I always laugh when you sing tunes like this till you turn hoarse . . . The Dr Dre-produced album for The Firm was criticized for one reason - its focus on a mainstream, R&B/pop-inclination, rather than the more gangsta style the individual members were already known and respected for. In particular, Nas was accused of seeking pop stardom at the expense of his roots . . . so get your facts right . . . The Firm's failure with Dre wasn't as a result of Nas' incapability . . . why do you like twisting facts so desperately at the expense of losing a debate??

And despite his underground sound, Nas is well respected/accepted by Rap's fans, fanatics, and haters alike . . . unlike a monumental failure like Canibus . . . NAS IS AN ICON.

There you go again - twisting statements and facts . . . what I said applies only to Eminem being labelled as the inventor of the concept known as "rhyming words which shouldn't rhyme" . . . I ain't saying old school rappers are better or worse . . . I don't dwell on the past . . . but I also don't forget it.

You're only repeating what I said - although you largely contorted it . . . Eminem should not be given the title of "The Inventor of Rhyming Words That Shouldn't Rhyme" . . . Rakim deserves it . . . Eminem only took it to another level . . . Kapish??

You really need a sex change . . . cos of the way you're always gettin' on Eminem's you-know-what (plus we ain't even sure Em's not gay - after the Borat incident) . . .  grin

Now, seriously . . . you're mis-interpreting me again . . . I never said Eminem ain't a freestylist . . . Freestyle is fundamental to Rap . . . anyone of Eminem's, Biggie's, Jigga's (etc) calibre in the industry must be able to freestyle . . . all these cats grew up battling, rhyming in cyphers, beat-boxing and all . . . so it ain't even sh*t that your favourite MC can freestyle . . . what should a river produce if it ain't water?? All I'm saying is Eminem IS NOT the best freestylist ever . . . he can't mess with cats like Jin . . . he can't mess with Biggie on a good day . . . I would dig up Biggie's freestyles for you, maybe you've never heard of 'em . . . and I can continue to name a lot of rappers who're better than Em at freestyling . . .

Eminem's best freestyles were even spat during his hungry days (pre-meeting with Dre) . . . and yet he got his ass whupped by Rhymefest, MC Juice, and Supernatural (all underground cats) . . . we told you before on this forum . . . go do your research.

20 evergreen joints?? Oh, so you think I made a complete list of all his evergreen joints?? Nah, bruv, you should know better than that . . . if you want a more comprehensive list, ask and you shall be given . . .  wink plus it's so amazing that you continue to quote from an MC you consider as wack - Jigga.

You like making sweeping statements - who is "Everyone"?? . . . what's general consensus?? (I don't even need to visit the so-called rap sites cos I'm sure to meet mixed reviews) . . . how about arguing based on your own convictions?? And why do you like giving your own reasons to justify actions taken in private by MCs you love to hate?? . . . you keep singing choruses like "Nas was afraid of a collabo with Em on "The Cross", "Nas deleted his verse from the album version" - all these are called Tales By Moonlight.

1) Eminem is bereft of meaningful lyrics . . . he makes you laugh, impresses you with his wordplay . . . but in the overall, he doesn't strike you with some theme you can learn from/get inspired by . . . he had a flash of inspiration on "Lose Yourself" and a handful of joints . . . whilst clowning, he needs to task his brain cells more and make music that'll make peops consider him as one of Rap's Greats.

2) Eminem is too shallow compared to Nas.

3) Nas' rise to fame and respect is devoid of cheap publicity stunts and name-dropping just to sell records . . . Eminem's pedigree abounds with such.

4) Nas has put out more classic material than Eminem . . . it's not gonna be easy to count the number of classics he has . . . I can count Eminem's off the top of ma head.

5) Nas is much better at rhyming words - with sense . . . Eminem likes to rhyme words at all costs - and most times, they make no sense.

Don't even letz go on with this . . . I could go on and on . . . Rap ain't Pop or R'n'B . . . nah, it's more serious stuff . . . there are some things you just can't get away with (like forced rhyming) - especially at a certain level of your career.

Well . . . unlike you, I ain't biased or carried away by stunts . . . I clear whatever haze is in front of me eyes and try to see clearly/focus in spite of the hocus-pocus . . . Eminem is a good rapper . . . but Nas is miles ahead of him.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8)

New Music : Wurld - All I Need Mp3 Download Via 9jacoolmusic / Would You Advise Wande Coal To Remain In Mo'hits? / "de Ja Vu" Beyonce And Jay-z

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 211
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.