Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,266 members, 7,811,755 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:53 PM

Grammy Awards 2016 Shuns Nigerian Artistes As Nominations List Drops - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Grammy Awards 2016 Shuns Nigerian Artistes As Nominations List Drops (3317 Views)

Headies: Davido Calls Out Nigerian Artistes; Dedicates Award To Family & Chioma / Five Nigerian Artistes That Promised Us The Grammy Awards / Five Most Overrated Nigerian Artistes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Grammy Awards 2016 Shuns Nigerian Artistes As Nominations List Drops by DaPhilosopher(m): 3:33pm On Dec 08, 2015
The 58th edition of annual Grammy Awards will hold at the Staples Center in Los Angeles, California on Monday, February 15, 2016.

Organisers of the annual Grammy Awards have unveiled the nominees for next year’s edition.
The award, which is the biggest music award event in the world, however does not have any Nigerian-based performing artiste on the nomination list.

In the past, the likes of Femi Kuti and King Sunny Ade have bagged nominations but for this edition, no Nigerian act was considered for a nod.

However, Nigerian-American singer, Jidenna bagged a nomination in the Best Rap/Sung Collaboration category which is a cheering consolation news.

Re: Grammy Awards 2016 Shuns Nigerian Artistes As Nominations List Drops by kossyablaze(m): 3:46pm On Dec 08, 2015
Which of 9ja artist deserve grammy aside Asa?Na Timaya abi Terry G?
Re: Grammy Awards 2016 Shuns Nigerian Artistes As Nominations List Drops by faray: 2:00am On Dec 09, 2015
The award is not meant for noisemakers
Re: Grammy Awards 2016 Shuns Nigerian Artistes As Nominations List Drops by Nobody: 3:56am On Dec 09, 2015
faray:
The award is not meant for noisemakers
I tell you. Too much 'emptiness' in our music industry.

1 Like

Re: Grammy Awards 2016 Shuns Nigerian Artistes As Nominations List Drops by Nobody: 5:56am On Dec 09, 2015
kossyablaze:

Good question.

1 Like

Re: Grammy Awards 2016 Shuns Nigerian Artistes As Nominations List Drops by Nobody: 6:01am On Dec 09, 2015
And why shld dat be news? Who shld hv been nominated then? Olamide with his rape songs? Or is it Wizkid with his average songs? Or is it Davido?

1 Like

Re: Grammy Awards 2016 Shuns Nigerian Artistes As Nominations List Drops by SAMBARRY: 6:15am On Dec 09, 2015
kossyablaze:
timi dakolo,asa,lagbaja,pita,Frank Edwards, Davidoff,drank and tuface nko?
Re: Grammy Awards 2016 Shuns Nigerian Artistes As Nominations List Drops by Nobody: 6:41am On Dec 09, 2015
Uhmmmm, peeps like timi dakolo and darey are doing below expectations I tell you. And even Asa, they are the only folks I see can get a nomination. But I have a dream of a different music industry with time.
Re: Grammy Awards 2016 Shuns Nigerian Artistes As Nominations List Drops by Nobody: 6:43am On Dec 09, 2015
SAMBARRY:
timi dakolo,asa,lagbaja,pita,Frank Edwards, Davidoff,drank and tuface nko?
guy u should be ashamed for putting davido on dat list. U think dey give grammies anyhow with such a voice?
Re: Grammy Awards 2016 Shuns Nigerian Artistes As Nominations List Drops by Nobody: 6:47am On Dec 09, 2015
Speechless3:

I tell you. Too much 'emptiness' in our music industry.
i agree with you on this. I just wish I can do something outside of dx country some day. The environment isnt encouraging if you don't write wack lyrics u can't make waves i pray the mentality changes soon. I only have few naija songs on my phone from timi dakolo, darey and Asa and some gospel artist,.
Re: Grammy Awards 2016 Shuns Nigerian Artistes As Nominations List Drops by Nobody: 8:00am On Dec 09, 2015
silvermania:
i agree with you on this. I just wish I can do something outside of dx country some day. The environment isnt encouraging if you don't write wack lyrics u can't make waves i pray the mentality changes soon. I only have few naija songs on my phone from timi dakolo, darey and Asa and some gospel artist,.

Good to know am not the only one...these hungry american artistes wannabe just produce crap every annoying time with no substance to hold on to. Was forced to conclude they've got no effing talent Hell! they cant even fake one! just make something seem real as compensation to the much expectant public. Nah! very sad.

I think Nigerians will appreciate good music if educative and sound wordings follow those 'alluring' beatingZ. For now am sticking to 'traditional songs'. Lol
Re: Grammy Awards 2016 Shuns Nigerian Artistes As Nominations List Drops by Nobody: 8:19am On Dec 09, 2015
Speechless3:

Good to know am not the only one...these hungry american artistes wannabe just produce crap every annoying time with no substance to hold on to. Was forced to conclude they've got no effing talent Hell! they cant even fake one! just make something seem real as compensation to the much expectant public. Nah! very sad.

I think Nigerians will appreciate good music if educative and sound wordings follow those 'alluring' beatingZ. For now am sticking to 'traditional songs'. Lol
lol at traditional songs. With time Nigeria will listen to a nice song with good lyrics, on my path i promise you dat
Re: Grammy Awards 2016 Shuns Nigerian Artistes As Nominations List Drops by Nobody: 8:22am On Dec 09, 2015
silvermania:
lol at traditional songs. With time Nigeria will listen to a nice song with good lyrics, on my path i promise you dat

hmmmm ok smiley
Re: Grammy Awards 2016 Shuns Nigerian Artistes As Nominations List Drops by SAMBARRY: 8:23am On Dec 09, 2015
silvermania:
guy u should be ashamed for putting davido on dat list. U think dey give grammies anyhow with such a voice?
if you're talking about voice, personae on stage and quality he has it.if you're talking about his lyrical contents then fine.however he's an afro pop singer so he can be excused
Re: Grammy Awards 2016 Shuns Nigerian Artistes As Nominations List Drops by Nobody: 8:29am On Dec 09, 2015
SAMBARRY:
if you're talking about voice, personae on stage and quality he has it.if you're talking about his lyrical contents then fine.however he's an afro pop singer so he can be excused
am not sure u understand what is called good great voice,davido is selling in Nigeria because most of the Nigerian public enjoy fast beat with anyhow lyrics we talking of pitch, vibrato and the likes, davido was just fortunate, the likes of timi and darey have a better voice and can do better just dat i dont know what is happening to them, genre of music isn't an excuse, bob marley did rageA with a good voice
Re: Grammy Awards 2016 Shuns Nigerian Artistes As Nominations List Drops by Dubemkelly(m): 8:29am On Dec 09, 2015
In my opinion, we still have a long way to go, our culture is quite different from that of Europeans, everything sings and expresses themselves on things and how it affects them, here our lyrical content. is. wacky but the beats are danceable. We sing afro-beat and we trying so MTV,Headies etc are for us.
Re: Grammy Awards 2016 Shuns Nigerian Artistes As Nominations List Drops by SAMBARRY: 8:35am On Dec 09, 2015
silvermania:
am not sure u understand what is called good great voice,davido is selling in Nigeria because most of the Nigerian public enjoy fast beat with anyhow lyrics we talking of pitch, vibrato and the likes, davido was just fortunate, the likes of timi and darey have a better voice and can do better just dat i dont know what is happening to them, genre of music isn't an excuse, bob marley did rageA with a good voice
yeah darey is good too but there can NEVER be another replica of the likes of Bob Marley no matter how much they try.nester Marley is just too good and he raised the standard of reggae very high that it's not possible to see a person as good ad him or better in Nigeria .
Re: Grammy Awards 2016 Shuns Nigerian Artistes As Nominations List Drops by Nobody: 8:40am On Dec 09, 2015
SAMBARRY:
yeah darey is good too but there can NEVER be another replica of the likes of Bob Marley no matter how much they try.nester Marley is just too good and he raised the standard of reggae very high that it's not possible to see a person as good ad him or better in Nigeria .
yea in terms of raggee I might agree,
Re: Grammy Awards 2016 Shuns Nigerian Artistes As Nominations List Drops by safarigirl(f): 8:48am On Dec 09, 2015
silvermania:
Uhmmmm, peeps like timi dakolo and darey are doing below expectations I tell you. And even Asa, they are the only folks I see can get a nomination. But I have a dream of a different music industry with time.
none of those people would qualify to be nominated for a Grammy....as an African, you have to sing African songs with an African rhythm and African language....none of those 3 tick all boxes.

Timi and Dare especially are more foreign than African

1 Like

Re: Grammy Awards 2016 Shuns Nigerian Artistes As Nominations List Drops by Nobody: 9:02am On Dec 09, 2015
safarigirl:
none of those people would qualify to be nominated for a Grammy....as an African, you have to sing African songs with an African rhythm and African language....none of those 3 tick all boxes.

Timi and Dare especially are more foreign than African
Wow
So in dat case lagbaja and some congolaese makosa dudes should be there. Have you heard of beautiful nobia?
Re: Grammy Awards 2016 Shuns Nigerian Artistes As Nominations List Drops by safarigirl(f): 9:09am On Dec 09, 2015
silvermania:
Wow
So in dat case lagbaja and some congolaese makosa dudes should be there. Have you heard of beautiful nobia?
when last did Lagbaja do an African song? A truly African song cuz the last song I heard from him had a white chic and was shot in London.

Meanwhile, the spelling is Beautiful NUBIA

2 Likes

Re: Grammy Awards 2016 Shuns Nigerian Artistes As Nominations List Drops by Blesyneojb: 9:13am On Dec 09, 2015
seriously.... the only Nigerian I think should have been given consideration is ASA....the others sings crap these days....even for my compound...what u hear these children singing is olamide's rape songs and the likes...its so annoying that Nigerians don't even wanna listen to lyrics anymore..all we want now is shake body to high tempo trash....that's why we don't learn...
Re: Grammy Awards 2016 Shuns Nigerian Artistes As Nominations List Drops by Nobody: 9:19am On Dec 09, 2015
safarigirl:
when last did Lagbaja do an African song? A truly African song cuz the last song I heard from him had a white chic and was shot in London.

Meanwhile, the spelling is Beautiful NUBIA
yea thanks i got the spelling wrong was under the sun, yea u mean the track Did i
Re: Grammy Awards 2016 Shuns Nigerian Artistes As Nominations List Drops by SAMBARRY: 9:33am On Dec 09, 2015
silvermania:
yea in terms of raggee I might agree,
nontheless it's unfair to marginalize sound nigerian musicians. There are still some good eggs who don't sing thrash
Re: Grammy Awards 2016 Shuns Nigerian Artistes As Nominations List Drops by Nobody: 9:37am On Dec 09, 2015
SAMBARRY:
nontheless it's unfair to marginalize sound nigerian musicians. There are still some good eggs who don't sing thrash
darey, timi, Asa praiz, cobhams, who else
Re: Grammy Awards 2016 Shuns Nigerian Artistes As Nominations List Drops by Nobody: 9:37am On Dec 09, 2015
SAMBARRY:
darey, timi, Asa praiz, cobhams, who else then Maybe dija or seyi shay
Re: Grammy Awards 2016 Shuns Nigerian Artistes As Nominations List Drops by SAMBARRY: 9:52am On Dec 09, 2015
silvermania:
the first 3 musicians you listed are worth it but the last 3,I don't know about it
Re: Grammy Awards 2016 Shuns Nigerian Artistes As Nominations List Drops by Nobody: 10:01am On Dec 09, 2015
SAMBARRY:
the first 3 musicians you listed are worth it but the last 3,I don't know about it
lol, listen to their works i think they doing fine

1 Like

Re: Grammy Awards 2016 Shuns Nigerian Artistes As Nominations List Drops by vizier007(m): 11:01am On Dec 10, 2015
silvermania:
I think the song must have an African theme and language not some crap that looks and sounds more foreign than African...
Re: Grammy Awards 2016 Shuns Nigerian Artistes As Nominations List Drops by Nobody: 11:05am On Dec 10, 2015
vizier007:

I think the song must have an African theme and language not some crap that looks and sounds more foreign than African...
how will call those music crap? People like u don't encourage good artist with sensible lyrics
Re: Grammy Awards 2016 Shuns Nigerian Artistes As Nominations List Drops by safarigirl(f): 11:24am On Dec 10, 2015
silvermania:
how will call those music crap? People like u don't encourage good artist with sensible lyrics
you must not sound foreign to do good music with sensible lyrics, an artiste like Simi would probably get a nomination before Timi

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigeria Female Student Share Her Own N.aked Pictures On IG To Mark Her Birthday / Yoruba Woman Publicly Did This To Her Husband For Not Impregnating Her / All Photos from Banky W and Adesua Etomi Traditional Wedding

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.