Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,386 members, 7,812,140 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:56 AM

The Atm Card Scamming Scheme Of First Bank - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / The Atm Card Scamming Scheme Of First Bank (1895 Views)

9 Reasons Why The ATM Swallows An ATM Card. / Are You In Lagos? Don't Visit The ATM On Friday !! / How To Buy Airtime Directly From Your Bank Without Internet Or Using The Atm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Atm Card Scamming Scheme Of First Bank by shidof(m): 4:42pm On Dec 08, 2015
I started operating an account with First Bank Ikire, Osun state by 2010, and I've been operating the account with an ATM card since the period i opened it. I've experienced a lot of difficulties basically from there poor banking method since i started banking with them but i dn't ve a beta choice since we're having only 2 recognize bank in my town.
Yesterday encountered was the one i couldn't forgive myself of without sharing it. I was sort of cash ystdy, I took my ATM card and off to my bank. I joined d queue and within some minutes it reached my turn , with utmost confidence, i inserted my card into d ATM and after I've put my password the message i saw on the screen was UNABLE APP.
I moved to there customer care unit to lodge my complain. To my greatest amazement, I met a lot of customers having similar or different problems with there ATM card in the room.
After d complaint, i was told that the Card had damaged by exposing it to either a phone or TV which i refuted because i kniw that after the last tym i used the card, i only kept it in my travelling bag and this is a Card i jst collected by May this year and supposed to expire by May 2018. The guy in charge told me dt d only solution he had is for me to collect a brand new or find a way out on my own jst d same thing he told those people i met there also, l later agreed because i needed money badly and it's beyond the banking time already. That's how i collected a new ATM card and unfortunately i couldn't withdraw yesterday due to BVN linkage problem.
I went to the bank again today to solve the BVN linkage problem and i still met som people with the same ATM card problems.
What i've been wondering about is wether this is not a new programmed way by First Bank to extort there customers or to make up for the CBN fines and i also think there should be a channel through which a customer can convey his/her grievances.
Pls, kindly drop ur experience if u've had similar experience or havin d same experience now.

Re: The Atm Card Scamming Scheme Of First Bank by jinha(m): 4:43pm On Dec 08, 2015
nothing to say ..........
Re: The Atm Card Scamming Scheme Of First Bank by divinehand2003(m): 4:48pm On Dec 08, 2015
New form of fraud.
Why can't the bank renew it for free because it's not yet expired? It's a fault from the bank itself.
Re: The Atm Card Scamming Scheme Of First Bank by shidof(m): 4:50pm On Dec 08, 2015
divinehand2003:
New form of fraud.
Why can't the bank renew it for free because it's not yet expired? It's a fault from the bank itself.
Another money was deducted from my account, and still having over 2yrs on the formal one
Re: The Atm Card Scamming Scheme Of First Bank by Trunaijian: 5:05pm On Dec 08, 2015
It ain't right. Since iy was of no fault of yours. You shouldn't be charged since the card hadn't expired. So many funny things Banks do that go unreported.
Re: The Atm Card Scamming Scheme Of First Bank by shidof(m): 5:20pm On Dec 08, 2015
Trunaijian:
It ain't right. Since iy was of no fault of yours. You shouldn't be charged since the card hadn't expired. So many funny things Banks do that go unreported.
donno for dem oo, i knw dt it's basically dere fault. But we're d one paying for it
Re: The Atm Card Scamming Scheme Of First Bank by goodmorning40: 5:21pm On Dec 08, 2015
how can they issue u new arm card within 5hours, normally it takes two weeks.
anyway first bank is a useless bank, they gave me atm card without pin I pursued them for almost one month for my pin and they kept saying no network until I tire and relocated to gtbank, na so them chop my money
Re: The Atm Card Scamming Scheme Of First Bank by shidof(m): 5:32pm On Dec 08, 2015
goodmorning40:
how can they issue u new arm card within 5hours, normally it takes two weeks.
anyway first bank is a useless bank, they gave me atm card without pin I pursued them for almost one month for my pin and they kept saying no network until I tire and relocated to gtbank, na so them chop my money
no, in first Bank u can collect either verve or master card immediately. I don taya for dere prb. It's jst a mata of tym b4 I'll leave dem to a beta bank

(1) (Reply)

Why Do All Nigerian Information Marketers Only Sell Ebooks On How To Make Money / Grow Your Vtu Business In Nigeria By Registering With Recharge And Get Paid / Earn Passive Income Weekly, All Proofs Inclusive

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.