Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,117 members, 7,818,332 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:56 PM

Our Picture Challenge - Forum Games - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Forum Games / Our Picture Challenge (963 Views)

Let Me See How Fast You Are...... This Is A Small Challenge 4 Ur Brains / Water Melon Challenge / Challenge - Guess The Country Names (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Our Picture Challenge by sacostyles(m): 12:30am On Dec 09, 2015
Maybe as a nation we are pictorially challenged.

Most times when I don't have a clear picture of where I want to be, say in the next three to five years, I end up wasting time beating about the bush that I find myself in. Somehow, I think this is the present challenge we are faced with here in Nigeria.

I'm pretty sure some of us have heard one of our parents say, "In my time the Naira was trading for three times the Dollar..." or "I landed my first job with only a school cert..." or "... during WAI you wouldn't dare be found littering, let alone peeing on the streets." Stories like these made me feel like our parents lived in some type of 'post-colonial paradise' before the forbidden fruit of 'kwaraption' was coveted by a few that we now so conveniently venerate as the so-called cabals.

The truth is (well... according to me, anyway) our elders may be the only ones who remember Nigeria in her past glory before things became so 'bad'. This present generation, since birth, has only experienced life in perpetual degeneration. And ('m sorry to say this) it honestly shows on our faces, but mostly in our attitude towards ourselves.

As the saying goes, "What you see is what you get." So, in other words what we get is what we see. Therefore, what we need to see is our leaders painting a clear picture of the "Promised Land" they are supposedly leading us to. We need them to communicate how pleasant it would be for us if we agreed to cooperate and give change a chance, like a father does with his kid on his first day to school; and not just 'chance' the change. But (and I know it is improper to start a sentence with a 'but', but this is a very BIG BUT) as a nation we desperately need to open our hearts and our minds to a collective vision of a brighter tomorrow and join hands to work out this 'jigsaw puzzle' together.

We have seen too much of the BAD in Nigeria that we've somehow forgotten what GOOD really looks like (or sounds like, or feels like, or smells like, or tastes like).

So... for starters... grab a picture... now "go to your happy place..."

Yours truly
Re: Our Picture Challenge by jbbaba(m): 12:47am On Dec 09, 2015
GREAT ONE OP. GOD WILL HELP UP IN DIS NATION.ALL WILL BE WELL SOON GOD GRACE.GOD BLESS NIGERIA!

(1) (Reply)

Crack The Riddles / "Unable To Start The Game" Uplay Error. / SOLD* My PS4 For Sale.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.