Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,295 members, 7,839,449 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:27 PM

Do Not Doubt God’s Goodness - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do Not Doubt God’s Goodness (441 Views)

Why You Have No Reason To Doubt A Snake Swallowed 36 Million Naira. / Can You Boldly Testify Of God's Goodness In The Year 2017? / What Is Your Own Definition Of God's Goodness? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do Not Doubt God’s Goodness by yommyuk: 10:01am On Dec 09, 2015
Living in this fallen world can challenge our faith in God’s goodness. The pain and suffering that resulted from Adam and Eve’s sin may cloud our understanding of the Lord and tempt us to blame Him for every difficulty we face. Why doesn’t He always relieve hardships, fix our problems, and give us what we want?

When Eve listened to the serpent’s lies in the Garden of Eden, she began to doubt that the Lord had made the right choice in forbidding her to eat from the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil. Why would He deprive her of wisdom and the enjoyment of food that looked so desirable?

Our thoughts are similar to Eve’s when we don’t agree with what our Father says is best for us. From a human perspective, “good” refers to what is enjoyable, delightful, comfortable, or profitable. But God has a much higher standard and is always working to achieve His purpose—to develop Christ like character within His children.

Behind every restriction or commandment the Lord gives to us is His loving care for His followers. He knows the tormenting consequences of sin and wants to deter us from rebellious choices that will wreck our lives. In refusing His will, we’re choosing pain and trouble.

Eve learned through disobedience that God knows what’s best. We have the opportunity each day to discover His goodness by listening to His voice, obeying His commands, and trusting His wisdom. Whatever may come our way, we can know He is working for both our temporal and eternal good.

1 Peter 5:7
“Casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you.”

Romans 8:18
“For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worth comparing with the glory that is to be revealed to us.”

Jeremiah 29:11-13
“For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will hear you. You will seek me and find me, when you seek me with all your heart.”

Psalm 9:9-10
“The Lord is a stronghold for the oppressed, a stronghold in times of trouble. And those who know your name put their trust in you, for you, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek you.”

IT IS WELL. GOD BLESS wink
Re: Do Not Doubt God’s Goodness by cloudgoddess(f): 10:03am On Dec 09, 2015
don't you think it's pretty ridiculous that two human animals who did not know any better, were responsible for all the woes of mankind for simply eating an apple?

1 Like

Re: Do Not Doubt God’s Goodness by yommyuk: 10:35am On Dec 09, 2015
cloudgoddess:
[s]don't you think it's pretty ridiculous that two human animals who did not know any better, were responsible for all the woes of mankind for simply eating an apple? [/s]
Re: Do Not Doubt God’s Goodness by analice107: 12:00pm On Dec 13, 2015
my Brother well done for this post, its exactly what it says. Am blessed by it.

don't mind clouddess, she's on a mission to confuse and cause despair, that's a branch of Satanism. To tell the world that there's no God, so live ur life as u like, only to discover later that indeed you have to account for ur actions. its the devil.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

L Always Receive Negative Prophecy / Why Why / You Are Free To Make Choices But You Are Not Free From Its Consequences.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.