Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,970 members, 7,814,286 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:32 AM

5 Nigerian Artistes And Their Lie In Songs - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / 5 Nigerian Artistes And Their Lie In Songs (664 Views)

10 Nigerian Artistes Who Defy The Usual Lyrics Of Butts And Boobs / Fans Lament Over Empty Seats At Headies As Top Nigerian Artistes Boycott Award / Nigerian Artistes And The Lip-synching Syndrome (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

5 Nigerian Artistes And Their Lie In Songs by fako1(m): 11:03am On Dec 09, 2015
They’ve used their songs to entertain us. To excite us. To make us love them. While some brag about achievements and wealth they don’t have, others tells stories that touch (apologies to Falz Tha Bahd Guy) our hearts in order to get us to pity them. Unfortunately, many artistes tell half-truths or outright lies with their lyrics. Here are 5 examples of when Nigerian music acts misled fans with their lyrics…...

1. Davido -Fans Mi ‘I remember when I had no money in my bank account…’

Well, we think the only time David Adeleke had no money in his bank account was when he had no bank account. Why is he trying to
embarrass his billionaire dad?

2. D’Prince– Who am I (Omoba)...

We have searched from Umuahia to Arochukwu, Isialangwa to Isiquato all in Abia state but we couldnt get any traditional king related to Don
Jazzy’s family. We even checked if there was any ruling family with the name, Enebeli but we drew blanks.

3. Skales –Emergency by Wizzypro ‘The only competition I have is Dangote....'
Is this a joke or what? Sigh! Uncle Skales, please try and compete with Diamond Platnumz aka Chibu Dangote first and leave Alhaji Aliko
Dangote, the richest Nigerian alone. Please.

4. Adekunle Gold -Sade ‘Ose tolo mo pe 30 o Sade (I clocked 30years last week)......'
Chaiii, iro funfun balau (blatant lie). Adekunle Kosoko, better known as Adekunle Gold, is not even up to 25!

5. Wizkid -Ojuelegba ‘Ni Ojuelegba, dem know my story....'
Now we all believed this tale until Tee A busted Wizzy. One wonders, why Wizkid had to lie when he possesses enough talent to make the
truth as iconic as the signature phrase. We still love these artistes even if they lie to us because the lyrics they use tell us more about
ourselves.

Please tell us the lies you have detected in the songs by your favourite artistes...

http://thenet.ng/2015/12/busted-5-nigerian-artistes-who-have-lied-with-their-lyrics/
Re: 5 Nigerian Artistes And Their Lie In Songs by Nobody: 6:41am On Dec 10, 2015
Who told u adekunle Gold is not up to 25? Do you know him outside music?
Re: 5 Nigerian Artistes And Their Lie In Songs by NOBODYY: 9:48am On Dec 10, 2015
undecided

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Musical Studio Equipments For Sale / Shoot High Quality Music Videos For 100k / Drake’s ‘one Dance’ No. 1 On Hot 100 For Fifth Week

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.