Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,120 members, 7,818,363 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:40 PM

2015 In Review: My Lessons For The Year. Share Yours. - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / 2015 In Review: My Lessons For The Year. Share Yours. (11008 Views)

Please Help Review My CV / Top Career Lessons From Cristiano Ronaldo's Career So Far / 2015 In Retrospect: How I Balanced Blogging And My Full Time Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2015 In Review: My Lessons For The Year. Share Yours. by Nobody: 3:15pm On Dec 24, 2015
noblenasri:
It was a good year thanks to Almighty. made too many mistakes but it's all good provided I put the lessons to use. between what sustains and what brings unto us pain is s line thinner than we can ever imagine. season greetings

A mistake becomes one when we don't learn from it. Making mistakes mean we attempted something in the first place. The pathway to success is paved with momentary failures.

Compliments of the season.
Re: 2015 In Review: My Lessons For The Year. Share Yours. by Nobody: 4:33pm On Dec 24, 2015
lot and lots of motivation on this thread...next year i plan on reading lot of books please i want you all to suggest 5 top motivational books for self improvement i would read for the first half of the year... Awaiting your suggestions smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2015 In Review: My Lessons For The Year. Share Yours. by Nobody: 4:40pm On Dec 24, 2015
kingcity:
lot and lots of motivation on this thread...next year i plan on reading lot of books please i want you all to suggest 5 top motivational books for self improvement i would read for the first half of the year... Awaiting your suggestions smiley

The Unemployed Millionaire by Matt Morris.

Rat Race Escape Plan by Andy Tanner.

Cashflow Quadrant by Robert Kiyosaki.

Leading an inspired life by Jim Rohn.

Personal Finance for dummies.

The quality of your life is determined by the quality of decisions you make. The quality of decisions you make is determined by the quality of information at your disposal. Seek KNOWLEDGE; what you KNOW will give you an EDGE.

3 Likes

Re: 2015 In Review: My Lessons For The Year. Share Yours. by Whizkay(m): 5:50pm On Dec 24, 2015
So many inspiring and motivating things online these days. As for me, I need lots of fresh ideas and I intend to get them next year

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2015 In Review: My Lessons For The Year. Share Yours. by Nobody: 6:16pm On Dec 24, 2015
Whizkay:
So many inspiring and motivating things online these days. As for me, I need lots of fresh ideas and I intend to get them next year

Thanks for commenting.

If next year must be better for you, then you need to make your PLANS and stick to them. That's all.
Re: 2015 In Review: My Lessons For The Year. Share Yours. by onstelly(f): 6:22pm On Dec 24, 2015
Naughtysite:

Onyinye, who be the maga ?
You are sure not ok
I swear to God
I am tempted to call you stupid

1 Like

Re: 2015 In Review: My Lessons For The Year. Share Yours. by ICAMETOWIN(m): 6:58pm On Dec 24, 2015
kingcity:
DONALD TRUMP AND BILL ZANKER'S THINK BIG.DENNIS P KIMBRO'S WHAT MAKES THE GREAT GREAT.ROBERT KIYOSAKI'S RICH DAD POOR DAD.JOHN C MAXWELL'S TALENT IS NEVER ENOUGH.AND LASTLY THE RICHEST MAN IN BABYLON

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2015 In Review: My Lessons For The Year. Share Yours. by Nobody: 7:47pm On Dec 24, 2015
Naughtysite:
I fell in Love with Naughtynaughty this year..
grin
Naughtysite:
I fell in Love with Naughtynaughty this year..
Re: 2015 In Review: My Lessons For The Year. Share Yours. by Nobody: 7:48pm On Dec 24, 2015
dearpreye:

The Unemployed Millionaire by Matt Morris.

Rat Race Escape Plan by Andy Tanner.

Cashflow Quadrant by Robert Kiyosaki.

Leading an inspired life by Jim Rohn.

Personal Finance for dummies.

The quality of your life is determined by the quality of decisions you make. The quality of decisions you make is determined by the quality of information at your disposal. Seek KNOWLEDGE; what you KNOW will give you an EDGE.
thank you so much...i will get sure get some if not all of those books...thanks again

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2015 In Review: My Lessons For The Year. Share Yours. by Nobody: 7:49pm On Dec 24, 2015
ICAMETOWIN:
DONALD TRUMP AND BILL ZANKER'S THINK BIG.DENNIS P KIMBRO'S WHAT MAKES THE GREAT GREAT.ROBERT KIYOSAKI'S RICH DAD POOR DAD.JOHN C MAXWELL'S TALENT IS NEVER ENOUGH.AND LASTLY THE RICHEST MAN IN BABYLON
thanks...i apperciate
Re: 2015 In Review: My Lessons For The Year. Share Yours. by Nobody: 7:49pm On Dec 24, 2015
kingcity:
thank you so much...i will get sure get some if not all of those books...thanks again

Just do your best to do so. ....Also try and read much of Jim Rohn ......Compliments of the season.

1 Like

Re: 2015 In Review: My Lessons For The Year. Share Yours. by ICAMETOWIN(m): 8:21pm On Dec 24, 2015
OGA DEARPREYE,MORE WISDOM TO YOUR CRANIUM.POSTS LIKE YOURS MAKES ONE STILL HAVE HOPE IN THIS HARD COUNTRY.LOOKING FORWARD TO LEARNING MORE FROM A BEAUTIFUL MIND LIKE YOURS. ANY BUSINESS TIPS AND IDEAS FOR THE NEW YEAR?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2015 In Review: My Lessons For The Year. Share Yours. by Nobody: 8:27pm On Dec 24, 2015
ICAMETOWIN:
OGA DEARPREYE,MORE WISDOM TO YOUR CRANIUM.POSTS LIKE YOURS MAKES ONE STILL HAVE HOPE IN THIS HARD COUNTRY.LOOKING FORWARD TO LEARNING MORE FROM A BEAUTIFUL MIND LIKE YOURS. ANY BUSINESS TIPS AND IDEAS FOR THE NEW YEAR?

It's our determination, NOT the system, that will see us through come 2016. Against all hope, we must have hope in our plans and targets. Life becomes meaningless without hope.

Many thanks for the comment. Business ideas surround every location. Identify your passion and turn it into profit OR make friends with business gurus.
Re: 2015 In Review: My Lessons For The Year. Share Yours. by Rdduite(m): 10:42pm On Dec 24, 2015
Made lost of erroneous mistakes this year 2015 & promised myself never to repeat them

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2015 In Review: My Lessons For The Year. Share Yours. by Nobody: 7:50am On Dec 26, 2015
I have learnt a lot and would still want to learn..

1..always have a plan B or C or even D..

Learning from my country's mistake I am more determined as a man not to be affixed with a particular source of income..There must be alternatives to raking income so as to swim through hard times when it comes hitting hard..next year would be more of a year of diversification for me,a year of learning a hands on skill apart from my professional job and then becoming an entrepreneur through that..

2..never let anyone stop you from achieving your goals.

Especially when those goals are to make you a better person in all areas of life..I was once stuck in the middle of leaving a low paying job so to speak and running my msc..its a drilling company to be precise..being enlisted for gaining experience as a directional driller on any of the ongoing contracts for the company entailed having an oga at the top to facilitate the process,but I didn't have any..so I spent over 9 months in the office reading drilling books without any rig experience forthcoming and was to spend more..being the vibrant bobo that I am I had to take drastic steps to ensure my career plans are not thwarted..I opted to build myself by running my msc rather than spend my time warming the chairs in the office and I am again employed after that exercise(though the salary not that much)..

I intend to take more steps to making sure my set down goals are achieved each subsequent year..

deapreye I have learnt a lot from you..my elder brother... grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2015 In Review: My Lessons For The Year. Share Yours. by Nobody: 7:59am On Dec 26, 2015
IzonOwei:
I have learnt a lot and would still want to learn..

1..always have a plan B or C or even D..

Learning from my country's mistake I am more determined as a man not to be affixed with a particular source of income..There must be alternatives to raking income so as to swim through hard times when it comes hitting hard..next year would be more of a year of diversification for me,a year of learning a hands on skill apart from my professional job and then becoming an entrepreneur through that..

2..never let anyone stop you from achieving your goals.

Especially when those goals are to make you a better person in all areas of life..I was once stuck in the middle of leaving a low paying job so to speak and running my msc..its a drilling company to be precise..being enlisted for gaining experience as a directional driller on any of the ongoing contracts for the company entailed having an oga at the top to facilitate the process,but I didn't have any..so I spent over 9 months in the office reading drilling books without any rig experience forthcoming and was to spend more..being the vibrant bobo that I am I had to take drastic steps to ensure my career plans are not thwarted..I opted to build myself by running my msc rather than spend my time warming the chairs in the office and I am again employed after that exercise(though the salary not that much)..

I intend to take more steps to making sure my set down goals are achieved each subsequent year..

deapreye I have learnt a lot from you..my elder brother... grin

Invaluable lessons......Compliments first. LOL!

The point 1 is is a killer. Nigeria is definitely paying and will continue to pay for its decades of waste and over dependence on a SINGLE product so volatile like crude oil. We will pay more that lack of vision and Plan B/C.

The only miracle Joseph performed in Egypt was to save for the days of hunger while the days of plenty lasted. That's common sense.

Yes. We shouldn't allow others to dissuade us from achieving our dreams. Whenever you're determined or do something, throw all your energies behind it. Success is sure.

It's being a friendly and happy year for the both of us. So happy to meet a real brother here.
Re: 2015 In Review: My Lessons For The Year. Share Yours. by Nobody: 8:05am On Dec 26, 2015
dearpreye:

Invaluable lessons......Compliments first. LOL!

The point 1 is is a killer. Nigeria is definitely paying and will continue to pay for its decades of waste and over dependence on a SINGLE product so volatile like crude oil. We will pay more that lack of vision and Plan B/C.

The only miracle Joseph performed in Egypt was to save for the days of hunger while the days of plenty lasted. That's common sense.

Yes. We shouldn't allow others to dissuade us from achieving our dreams. Whenever you're determined or do something, throw all your energies behind it. Success is sure.

It's being a friendly and happy year for the both of us. So happy to meet a real brother here.
youre welcome bro..let's see what 2016 has in store for us..I am ready for it..
Re: 2015 In Review: My Lessons For The Year. Share Yours. by Nobody: 8:11am On Dec 26, 2015
IzonOwei:
youre welcome bro..let's see what 2016 has in store for us..I am ready for it..

Yes oooo......It will be one of most amazing years. The mistakes of this year have become very vital lessons; I'm having very few targets next year unlike previous ones. I'm just willing and ready to hit the ground running.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2015 In Review: My Lessons For The Year. Share Yours. by Nobody: 2:11pm On Dec 26, 2015
onstelly:

You are sure not ok
I swear to God
I am tempted to call you stupid

Sorry sweet..
Re: 2015 In Review: My Lessons For The Year. Share Yours. by Nobody: 2:16pm On Dec 26, 2015
In all you do, fear God and stay away from prostitutes..
Re: 2015 In Review: My Lessons For The Year. Share Yours. by Nobody: 2:42pm On Dec 26, 2015
Naughtysite:
In all you do, fear God and stay away from prostitutes..

Once you sincerely fear God, you'll naturally flee ANY presence of evil.
Re: 2015 In Review: My Lessons For The Year. Share Yours. by afm4ever(m): 4:22pm On Dec 26, 2015
Dear preye my mentor whenever i see any post from you i know i will learn one or two things from you well 2015 i achieved 70percent of my goals in 2016 i have laid out plans and stratages on how to achieve my goals so help me God pls dear preye i will like to chat with you this is my email afamodogwu2@gmail.com am expecting your message

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 2015 In Review: My Lessons For The Year. Share Yours. by Nobody: 4:27pm On Dec 26, 2015
afm4ever:
Dear preye my mentor whenever i see any post from you i know i will learn one or two things from you well 2015 i achieved 70percent of my goals in 2016 i have laid out plans and stratages on how to achieve my goals so help me God pls dear preye i will like to chat with you this is my email afamodogwu2@gmail.com am expecting your message

We are the architect of our own destiny; the captain of our vehicle. God always blesses the diligent.

The feeling of learning is very mutual; we learn from each other. I'll holler at your mail......

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 2015 In Review: My Lessons For The Year. Share Yours. by afm4ever(m): 4:39pm On Dec 26, 2015
mentorandfriend:
I learnt a lot, and the summary is in personal development and building networks/relationships.

1) Law Of Making A Contribution:

You can never find a higher sense of worth until the things you do start making a difference in people's lives.

Going to bed is sweeter when you are aware that someone somewhere is living the good life because of your contribution.

Life becomes very interesting when you know you're meeting a need and you're the reason behind a person's smile.

As a personal mantra in 2015, this was it: MY LIFE HAS TO HELP OTHER PEOPLE SHAPE UP THEIR LIVES AS WELL.

2) Law Of Private Victories:

Private victories precede public victories. I was very committed to personal development like never before. I make sure it works for me first. I used myself as a guinea pig of many experiments, and guess what, I was better for it.

3) Battered, Broken, But Still Standing.

Law Of Perseverance. I went through a lot of challenges this year, but I was upheld; and I wouldn't be stopped.

It is a lesson I would love to share on a good day to our youths. Instead of sitting down and whining about the government in every discussion, we must take it upon ourselves to create the future we deserve. I embraced HARD WORK, SMART WORK, and NETWORK. I did freelancing in speaking and writing. As a doctor, I covered for a lot of private hospitals in town, sometimes going for a week without sleeping on my bed at home. I ordered for and sold wristwatches from Indonesia, Singapore, Malaysia, etc. I delivered well sown shirts from Aba to my colleagues at gains of N1500 or more per shirt. I'm delving into poultry business next year.

Everyone should smell the coffee and wake up.
i dont know what is wrong with my email you can reach me through this afamodogwu2@gmail.com thanks

1 Like

Re: 2015 In Review: My Lessons For The Year. Share Yours. by mentorandfriend(m): 5:47pm On Dec 26, 2015
afm4ever:
i dont know what is wrong with my email you can reach me through this afamodogwu2@gmail.com thanks
OK. Just sent you a welcome mail. Thanks for connecting sir.
Re: 2015 In Review: My Lessons For The Year. Share Yours. by Djboosting: 6:49pm On Dec 26, 2015
dearpreye:

We are the architect of our own destiny; the captain of our vehicle. God always blesses the diligent.

The feeling of learning is very mutual; we learn from each other. I'll holler at your mail......

Seeing a like mind is the best thing that can ever happen to a successful man's environmental influence...

The earlier people realize they hold the key to their own very success or failure, the better for them to take risks and create chances for themselves; than wait for one imaginary claim of 'luck'.

Good things do not come to those who wait...

Quote and write for me your phone number. We should have a talk.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2015 In Review: My Lessons For The Year. Share Yours. by Nobody: 6:59pm On Dec 26, 2015
Djboosting:

Seeing a like mind is the best thing that can ever happen to a successful man's environmental influence...

The earlier people realize they hold the key to their own very success or failure, the better for them to take risks and create chances for themselves; than wait for one imaginary claim of 'luck'.

Good things do not come to those who wait...

Quote and write for me your phone number. We should have a talk.

My boss, I've studied my life, it's successes/failures long enough to have known that I'm responsible for EVERYTHING that has happened to me. I'm 100% responsible for my life.

And ever since I accepted this philosophy, the ship has taken a rather interesting and rich turn; life has all of a sudden become very interesting; I can hardly wait for the next day.

My boss,I couldn't afford living MY LIFE to chance. No way. I'll inbox you my contact later sir.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2015 In Review: My Lessons For The Year. Share Yours. by afm4ever(m): 3:34am On Dec 27, 2015
mentorandfriend:
OK. Just sent you a welcome mail. Thanks for connecting sir.
the pleasure is mine sir

1 Like

Re: 2015 In Review: My Lessons For The Year. Share Yours. by obiaguna(m): 2:48am On Jan 03, 2016
[quote author=plainmirror post=41302170]I summarized my 2015 resolutions with this acronym
G- ive
R- espect
T- hink positive
S- ave money
S- tay happy

2016 modus operandi in underway #fearGod[/quotes ]

I have been struggling to come up with a modus operandi for 2016 but this suits me perfectly.. Permission to copy sir?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2015 In Review: My Lessons For The Year. Share Yours. by plainmirror(m): 4:22pm On Jan 03, 2016
[quote author=obiaguna post=41599340][/quote]

Granted

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Nigerian Youths Need To Make The Transition From Graduate To Apprentice / Nigerian Trained Physiotherapists Practicing In Nigeria Or In Diaspora. / Is It Ideal To Relate With Your Boss On The Social Media?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.