Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,602 members, 7,809,188 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:44 AM

"Obafemi Awolowo University, Ife" My Dream Institution - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / "Obafemi Awolowo University, Ife" My Dream Institution (11466 Views)

Beautiful Pictures Of Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-ife / What's Your Dream Institution? If You Had The Chance To Get There... / Lecturer Fighting A Student Today In Oduduwa University Ife (o.u.i) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Obafemi Awolowo University, Ife" My Dream Institution by Virgo83(m): 2:24pm On Jun 02, 2009
Hello My Fellow Nairalanders!!
Right from my Primary School days 've been dreaming of becoming one of the Great Ife(s). I wouldn't say exactly where the Passion and Likeness I developed towards the Institution might have generated from, But I could remember a Day in Life When I was about to be named the[i]Acting Senior Prefect[/i] of my then Primary school, One of the Teachers set as Panelists to examine the Acting Prefect asked me, "Hey Olaonipekun, what University do you dreamed of going?" immediately had I gazed into her eyes and answered, though with fear at one corner in my mind, "thanks for the question, Ma. Obafemi Awolowo University."

1 Like

Re: "Obafemi Awolowo University, Ife" My Dream Institution by nisot23(f): 7:58pm On Jun 02, 2009
this is really sweet but what happened?why couldnt you go 2 oau then?its a really great place 2 be in.am proud anyday,anytime and anywhere 2 be a Great Ife.wish you all the best in life.
Re: "Obafemi Awolowo University, Ife" My Dream Institution by Pittbaby(f): 10:08pm On Jun 02, 2009
I dont mean to be rude , but since you are young , correction  "obafemi Awolowo University, Ife"  My Dream Institution

or even better

The Institution of my Dreams

keep working at it , all things are possible if you work hard and Pray hard
Re: "Obafemi Awolowo University, Ife" My Dream Institution by Teehnu(f): 11:58pm On Jun 02, 2009
OAU is a lovely school indeed, the most beautiful in Nigeria currently and it also offers the best education in this country. Good luck with your dreams.
Re: "Obafemi Awolowo University, Ife" My Dream Institution by honmusa(m): 7:06am On Jun 03, 2009
Great ife,i can never forget my experience in IFe, is not easy at all ,with a lot of moz 101,alutas ,extras and academics stress ,Ife is a 'must' 4 every aspiring youth in that want to go far in life .
FORWARD EVER,GREAT IFE
Re: "Obafemi Awolowo University, Ife" My Dream Institution by honmusa(m): 7:09am On Jun 03, 2009
anyway wether great Ife or Ife great ,Gandie school is the koko cool cool cool
Re: "Obafemi Awolowo University, Ife" My Dream Institution by Nobody: 2:54pm On Jun 03, 2009
@Poster, please change 'Dreamed' to 'Dream' in your title.

Having said that, having the opportunity to attend Ife is one of the greatest things that had happened to me in my life.
Learnt so much from the school. Beyond what you learn in classrooms, you learn a lot from interactions/discussions with other students in your hostels, relaxation centres, religious and political gatherings etc.

OAU is a community on its own, an egalitarian community. A school where people hardly care about how expensive you shoes are, but how loaded you are, upstairs. The most popular students on campus are not those that use the flashiest cars, but those that have the mightiest GPs.

Ife campus politics are too intriguing and interesting to be totally ignored, no matter how apolitical you are. Oh, manifesto nights, the campaigns around halls of residence! How about the debates and arguments in TV rooms? Aluta nko? Maximum and ferefe shishi. Hall weeks. Aro.

I need not mention the aesthetics. What a cool environment! Sprawling, expansive, and ever neat, Ife campus is a sight to behold!

Let me save the talk about respect you get outside for another day.

Above all, academics. It is only in Ife that students taht students have positive attitude to academic success. In many schools, all you hear your 'senior' students tell you as orientation are 'you can't make a First class, no matter how you try', 'you can't pass so so course', but in Ife, what you hear as Jambite is the story of a guy that in 1985 broke school record, story of a guy that had 2.0 GP in year 1 and still made First Class, story of one efiiwe in Chemical Engineering part 5, story of one guy that never had used hsi hand to write and have B(meaning he had A in all non-practical courses) etc. These stories motivate you. , and it is only in Ife taht you hear that.

I wrote this article about Awo hall, my hall of residence in Ife(2001-2006)
http://www.thenationonlineng.com/dynamicpage.asp?id=40464
Re: "Obafemi Awolowo University, Ife" My Dream Institution by pongwa(m): 8:49pm On Jun 04, 2009
ori mi nwu o, e lagimo
Re: "Obafemi Awolowo University, Ife" My Dream Institution by Nobody: 9:49am On Jun 08, 2009
tongue i advice u to get dat dream off ur head, dat school aint a plaz 2b, u would be so haggard u wnt knw wat hit u, i jst graduated dere so i knw wat im talkin bout.a word is enuf 4d wise.
Re: "Obafemi Awolowo University, Ife" My Dream Institution by tpia1: 6:12am On Aug 30, 2013
Re: "Obafemi Awolowo University, Ife" My Dream Institution by tpia1: 6:20am On Aug 30, 2013
Re: "Obafemi Awolowo University, Ife" My Dream Institution by tpia1: 6:21am On Aug 30, 2013
Re: "Obafemi Awolowo University, Ife" My Dream Institution by tpia1: 6:21am On Aug 30, 2013
Re: "Obafemi Awolowo University, Ife" My Dream Institution by tpia1: 6:24am On Aug 30, 2013
Re: "Obafemi Awolowo University, Ife" My Dream Institution by tpia1: 6:25am On Aug 30, 2013
Re: "Obafemi Awolowo University, Ife" My Dream Institution by tpia1: 6:27am On Aug 30, 2013
Re: "Obafemi Awolowo University, Ife" My Dream Institution by tpia1: 6:32am On Aug 30, 2013
Re: "Obafemi Awolowo University, Ife" My Dream Institution by tpia1: 6:33am On Aug 30, 2013
memory lane, so the almonds used to be palm trees:

Re: "Obafemi Awolowo University, Ife" My Dream Institution by tpia1: 6:36am On Aug 30, 2013
1973:

Re: "Obafemi Awolowo University, Ife" My Dream Institution by tpia1: 7:44am On Aug 30, 2013
Re: "Obafemi Awolowo University, Ife" My Dream Institution by tpia1: 8:00am On Aug 30, 2013

Re: "Obafemi Awolowo University, Ife" My Dream Institution by tpia1: 8:01am On Aug 30, 2013
sports hall [ladoke akintola]

Re: "Obafemi Awolowo University, Ife" My Dream Institution by tpia1: 8:03am On Aug 30, 2013
Re: "Obafemi Awolowo University, Ife" My Dream Institution by tpia1: 8:04am On Aug 30, 2013
Re: "Obafemi Awolowo University, Ife" My Dream Institution by tpia1: 8:05am On Aug 30, 2013
Re: "Obafemi Awolowo University, Ife" My Dream Institution by PECng: 2:27pm On Oct 27, 2020
When you Have Changed Your Choice of Course in your UTME but the Old Course is Still Reflecting on Your OAU Post-UTME
It is very normal that between when UTME results are released and when admission offering is over, applicants will have the need to change their choices of institution or/and courses, it’s very normal. But I have to tell you that this is one of the very rampant but overlooked reasons why a lot of people lose their admission—especially when it has to do with OAU. Read me right please, changing your choices of course within OAU is not a problem at all, it only becomes a problem when you do the changing of course at a wrong time; and there are so many wrong times to change your course if you are aspiring to be offered an admission in OAU. READ THE REST OF THE ARTICLE HERE>>> https://www.pecngr.com/2020/10/when-you-have-changed-your-choice-of.html

(1) (Reply)

The Use Of "Should In Case"-a Big Blunder / The Polytechnic, Ibadan Post Pce 2009/2010 / Project Topics On Clincal Chemistry/chemical Pathology.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.