Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,684 members, 7,831,121 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:58 PM

Cyril Stober Of Nta Retires From Service At Nta, Today - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Cyril Stober Of Nta Retires From Service At Nta, Today (57520 Views)

Can A Military Officer (Soldier) Resign From Service? / Nigerians React To NTA's Cyril Stober's Retirement From Service (Tweets) / NNPC Retires 1000 Staff (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cyril Stober Of Nta Retires From Service At Nta, Today by Nobody: 2:02am On Dec 10, 2015
Congrats Cyril. These great Hosts and OAPs of my time didnt make it this far. RIP

Nnamdi Anazia
Naphtali Tope Brown
Steve Kadiri
Momoh Kubanji
Walter Oyatogun

Special shout out to
Aisha Katogun, Modele Sharafa-yusuf, Frank Olise, Clalistus Ubare, Cele Eradere, Femi Sowolu, Larry izamoje

1 Like

Re: Cyril Stober Of Nta Retires From Service At Nta, Today by AmazonKindle: 2:04am On Dec 10, 2015
BeeBeeOoh:
It's been long I heard from "Fatima Abbas Hassan last..

Happy retirement oga CY..
bro that is truth

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cyril Stober Of Nta Retires From Service At Nta, Today by Beetwaise(m): 2:22am On Dec 10, 2015
I remember vividly when Cyril Stober anchored 'Tonight at 9'....good old days. Wish you the best Mr Stober, you had a very successful career.

1 Like

Re: Cyril Stober Of Nta Retires From Service At Nta, Today by OROSUNBOLB(m): 2:36am On Dec 10, 2015
Sacluxpaint:

Probably Rivers or Bayelsa definitely South South.

Are you sure he is not from the North?
Re: Cyril Stober Of Nta Retires From Service At Nta, Today by OROSUNBOLB(m): 2:44am On Dec 10, 2015
jossyj:
He was more than good in his profession
never pronounced wrongly and if not for his mode of dressing you could hardly figure out which zone he came from

I really want to know where he is from. Do you have an idea?
Re: Cyril Stober Of Nta Retires From Service At Nta, Today by kodlins(f): 2:44am On Dec 10, 2015
With his football age sha.
Started reading news when my mum dey school and my mum retired this year too
Re: Cyril Stober Of Nta Retires From Service At Nta, Today by GMan650(m): 3:01am On Dec 10, 2015
grayht:
gringringringrin E remain LALASTICLACLA gringringringrin

Guy, u wan dey proud abi..... abeg teach me ao u take write your signature(dz is like the 3rd time I'll be asking)
Re: Cyril Stober Of Nta Retires From Service At Nta, Today by ishola543(m): 3:19am On Dec 10, 2015
happy retirement.. best wishes
Re: Cyril Stober Of Nta Retires From Service At Nta, Today by omogin(f): 3:50am On Dec 10, 2015
God bless him
Re: Cyril Stober Of Nta Retires From Service At Nta, Today by politicalpastor: 3:51am On Dec 10, 2015
Dafe20:
He needs no introduction at all. Cyril Stober, an
ace newscaster on the Nigerian Television
Authority (NTA) has been around for decades, pursuing his passion in his chosen career, broadcasting.

Before the advent of private stations in Nigeria,
listening to the NTA news at 9 everyday was
always a wonderful moment for many families in
Nigeria.

Watching Frank Olize, Hon. Abike Dabiri on NTA
Newslines and all the stories of what was
happening around the country was amazing.
Saturday mornings were also magical with the
likes of late Yinka Craig on Morning Ride.

Watching Sienne All Well Brown, Ruth Benemesia
Opia, John Momoh and the late Tokunbo Ajayi on
NTA news was so intriguing.

Everybody admired the authority and eloquence
with which they delivered the news. He's
anchored several editions of NTA news and other
programmes for years. Let's hear your wishes for
him. Congrats,
Congratulations Sir Cyril Stober!
cuteprinz

https://mobile.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=909273675830006&id=100002421463577&refid=7&_ft_=qid.6226391554327703539%3Amf_story_key.8438108880947657569

Wow. I remember Cyril stober . He was my best news guy. Wow . I really miss him.
Re: Cyril Stober Of Nta Retires From Service At Nta, Today by DonBobes(m): 4:13am On Dec 10, 2015
i doff my hat to u sir! Weldone to an ahiever and a great service to fatherland.

2 Likes

Re: Cyril Stober Of Nta Retires From Service At Nta, Today by azpekuliar: 4:30am On Dec 10, 2015
dedugbaa:
As young chap in the late 80's and early 90's I remember the programme he anchored. On saturday Tonight at 9.I hated the programme but my dad loved it(although he was very handsome then).I prefered Frank Olize's Newsline on sunday.May God bless and keep him.Am now a Grown man in my early 30's.

Lolz... You just described me too. When I see the opening signature aerial footage of those tank farms, I'm off to bed. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Cyril Stober Of Nta Retires From Service At Nta, Today by Ebbunwa(m): 4:47am On Dec 10, 2015
I missed the days he used to anchor NTA Tuesday Live. Happy retirement to the legend.
Re: Cyril Stober Of Nta Retires From Service At Nta, Today by dallyemmy: 4:47am On Dec 10, 2015
Hello I am Cyril Stober, tonight...

1 Like

Re: Cyril Stober Of Nta Retires From Service At Nta, Today by Nobody: 4:56am On Dec 10, 2015
Nairalanders, una no dey sleep?
Happy retirement to the iconic journalist. Youe have indeed registered your journalistic prowess in the sand of times. Wishing you many more fruitful years and greater achievements in your future endeavours.
Cheers!
Re: Cyril Stober Of Nta Retires From Service At Nta, Today by akinladejo: 5:03am On Dec 10, 2015
love cy and ayinde shoaga
Re: Cyril Stober Of Nta Retires From Service At Nta, Today by STARGREEN(m): 5:06am On Dec 10, 2015
Congratulations Sir Cyril Stober! Hopefully you trained others well to take over? Hoping to have any of ur kids doing better soon! Once more congrats we gonna miss your services
Re: Cyril Stober Of Nta Retires From Service At Nta, Today by onunwa21(m): 5:12am On Dec 10, 2015
Am Cyril Stober NTA news......

Congratulations sir.....
Re: Cyril Stober Of Nta Retires From Service At Nta, Today by sexymoma(f): 5:16am On Dec 10, 2015
gists:
What a career this man has enjoyed.
For serving the country for so long I am tempted to say he deserves a national award.
I know the young NL kids born in the late 80s and 90s will not understand, but trust me this man deserves it.
you Sha like to show pple say u nor be their mate for here... What the meaning of your third paragraph now angry

2 Likes

Re: Cyril Stober Of Nta Retires From Service At Nta, Today by OKUCHI11(m): 5:31am On Dec 10, 2015
he is now a jolly good fellow
Re: Cyril Stober Of Nta Retires From Service At Nta, Today by Ahmeduana(m): 5:38am On Dec 10, 2015
madridguy:
Ok
WITH THIS YOUR RESPONSE I KNOW THAT IS NOT BEEN LONG YOU CAME AROUND, JUST BELONG TO GENERATION OF PREMIUM TIME, THE NATION AND CABLE NEWS. I doubt if you know their was newspapers called DAILY SKETCH, NATIONAL CONCORD, DAILY OBSERVER TALKLESS OF YOU KNOWING WHO is felix adenaike! (Did you even know who is call yanju adegbite, ayo ade osun dele tomori, folusho taiwo, Ina??) SO MUCH FOR GENERATION OF PROPAGANDA!
Re: Cyril Stober Of Nta Retires From Service At Nta, Today by Tomato16(f): 5:53am On Dec 10, 2015
Congratulations sir
Re: Cyril Stober Of Nta Retires From Service At Nta, Today by agog: 6:02am On Dec 10, 2015
I always look to seeing him cast news in those days. You cannot but fall for his eloquence.
Wishing him a fulfilling retirement with good health.
Re: Cyril Stober Of Nta Retires From Service At Nta, Today by Bollove: 6:02am On Dec 10, 2015
Whatever I become in life successfully, I owe it to God, NTA newscrew :Cyril stober, Lt tokunbo Ajayi, Eugenia Abu, Fatima Abass Hassan, Aisha katung (bello) ...... They were my role models and I wanted to also cast news like them but by SS1, I rejected "art class" for "commercial" simply because I don't want my classmates (who mostly are in science and commercial) to be making fun of me ..... I changed to commercial class and today , I am an Accountant per academic and professional excellence.

Tales by moonlight, Newsline and beyond our dream ( Being Big has always remain the dream)

These folks were my light and source of inspiration when I was just 3years old in the early 90s.

I will name you guys on National TV when the time comes, By God's Grace, In Jesus Name, Insha'Allah. Amen.

Cyril Stober, God bless u and ur family ..... Though I couldn't understand your English on NTA Tuesday Live then but now, I realise it is a platform to discuss critical national issues by seasoned professionals. Thanks Cyril Stober.
Re: Cyril Stober Of Nta Retires From Service At Nta, Today by ifyalways(f): 6:05am On Dec 10, 2015
speak2leo:
Cyril Stober, Fatima Abbas, Euginia Abu, Nimsel Nimyel, Abike Dabire of newsline now in politics. all did well.

Wishing u well in life Cyril. bravo!!!!
You forgot : Frank Olize , Ruth B Opia and late Tokunbo Ajayi

1 Like

Re: Cyril Stober Of Nta Retires From Service At Nta, Today by agog: 6:06am On Dec 10, 2015
Ahmeduana:

WITH THIS YOUR RESPONSE I KNOW THAT IS NOT BEEN LONG YOU CAME AROUND, JUST BELONG TO GENERATION OF PREMIUM TIME, THE NATION AND CABLE NEWS. I doubt if you know their was newspapers called DAILY SKETCH, NATIONAL CONCORD, DAILY OBSERVER TALKLESS OF YOU KNOWING WHO is felix adenaike! (Did you even know who is call yanju adegbite, ayo ade osun dele tomori, folusho taiwo, Ina??) SO MUCH FOR GENERATION OF PROPAGANDA!

hmm those names you mentioned.... While growing up in Osun about 20 years ago the likes of Dele Tomori, Folusho Taiwo etc held sway at d broadcasting home of Osun.
Have they retired or still in service?
Re: Cyril Stober Of Nta Retires From Service At Nta, Today by dickoflife(m): 6:15am On Dec 10, 2015
gists:
What a career this man has enjoyed.
For serving the country for so long I am tempted to say he deserves a national award.
I know the young NL kids born in the late 80s and 90s will not understand, but trust me this man deserves it.
I was born in the 80's and I understand.
Re: Cyril Stober Of Nta Retires From Service At Nta, Today by harry509: 6:22am On Dec 10, 2015
Dafe20:
He needs no introduction at all. Cyril Stober, an
ace newscaster on the Nigerian Television
Authority (NTA) has been around for decades, pursuing his passion in his chosen career, broadcasting.

Before the advent of private stations in Nigeria,
listening to the NTA news at 9 everyday was
always a wonderful moment for many families in
Nigeria.

Watching Frank Olize, Hon. Abike Dabiri on NTA
Newslines and all the stories of what was
happening around the country was amazing.
Saturday mornings were also magical with the
likes of late Yinka Craig on Morning Ride.

Watching Sienne All Well Brown, Ruth Benemesia
Opia, John Momoh and the late Tokunbo Ajayi on
NTA news was so intriguing.

Everybody admired the authority and eloquence
with which they delivered the news. He's
anchored several editions of NTA news and other
programmes for years. Let's hear your wishes for
him. Congrats,
Congratulations Sir Cyril Stober!
cuteprinz

https://mobile.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=909273675830006&id=100002421463577&refid=7&_ft_=qid.6226391554327703539%3Amf_story_key.8438108880947657569
congratulation sir. U Rr an icon of NTA, we reali miss u. But my fear now is dat make 1 foolis'h oga @ d top nu go day delay ur pension or day pack am day chop, else thurder wey go fire am die go day do PRESS UP evryday b4 e go 5nally strike am ooh.
Re: Cyril Stober Of Nta Retires From Service At Nta, Today by madridguy(m): 6:26am On Dec 10, 2015
Welcome the Ancient man. Maybe you're very much new on nairaland for you not to know that " ok " is just to booked space. Even though I cannot remember most of the names you listed but I sabi Cyril stober like money.

Ahmeduana:

Re: Cyril Stober Of Nta Retires From Service At Nta, Today by minwafor: 6:27am On Dec 10, 2015
Cyril Stober remains one of the best broadcaster to have graced the set of NTA. He is an all-round professional that will be missed in the mass media of this country. It is a pity that the recent broadcasters NTA employs are not up to the standard set be him.
Some use strange accents that viewers hardly understand.
Re: Cyril Stober Of Nta Retires From Service At Nta, Today by Jalal(m): 6:29am On Dec 10, 2015
Congrats! The man seems ageless, enjoyed his presentations especially Tuesday Live. Wish him well in his future endeavours.
Re: Cyril Stober Of Nta Retires From Service At Nta, Today by Larynx(m): 6:32am On Dec 10, 2015
Na lie u dey lie... He no dey talk news like that... He introduces himself by saying I'm Cyril Stober, moreover he doesn't go to bomb site, he s always in the studio.... U sef wan form familiarity abi

jaymejate:
I don know this man since time b4 now. He is a Legend for NTA.

"My name is cyril Stober, reporting live from where the Bomb blast happened 4days ago
grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Dennis Dooshima, A Beautiful Fire Fighter (Photos) / Best Companies To Work For In Nigeria In 2018 - Jobberman / Thread On Volunteering Opportunities In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.