Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,990 members, 7,817,911 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:49 PM

How To Make Coconut Oil - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How To Make Coconut Oil (4876 Views)

How To Make Coconut Fufu With Desiccated Coconut (chaff) / DIY Recipes: How To Make Coconut Cookies / How To Make Homemade Tiger Nut And Coconut Milk (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Make Coconut Oil by AmJane(f): 12:21am On Dec 10, 2015
Hello everyone. Please I want to make my coconut oil at home but don't know how to go about it. I will be glad if anyone can help me with guidelines on how to make it. Please feel free to drop your ideas, guidelines and instructions. You can as well share your experiences so that I and maybe, others that are interested will learn.
Thank you.
Re: How To Make Coconut Oil by drake2(m): 3:39am On Dec 10, 2015
AmJane:
Hello everyone. Please I want to make my coconut oil at home but don't know how to go about it. I will be glad if anyone can help me with guidelines on how to make it. Please feel free to drop your ideas, guidelines and instructions. You can as well share your experiences so that I and maybe, others that are interested will learn.
Thank you.

why wanna make your own coconut oil? Different techniques produce different qualities at different costs. If you are willing to reveal your location, will send you information on where to get VCO(Virgin Coconut Oil) made by InterCEDD.
Re: How To Make Coconut Oil by Mariecakes(f): 7:44am On Dec 10, 2015
Its a simple process but it doesnt yield much...

Get matured Coconuts,

Remove and Collect Coconut Meat,

Grate the Coconut Meat :You can use a grater, blender or crush the coconut meat with a pestle in a mortar

Extract Coconut Milk : Add some water to the grated coconut and mix well. Squeeze out the milk from the mix. You can do it with your hands, a piece of cloth , or a very small mesh sieve to filter out the milk from the mix.

Boil the Coconut Milk : boil until all the water is evaporated, you should see the oil bubbling on the surface of the heated milk.if it boils up, stir the mixture while boiling

Extract Oil From Boiled Coconut Milk using a piece of cloth , it will settle, then drain your pure coconut oil

3 Likes

Re: How To Make Coconut Oil by AmJane(f): 10:52am On Dec 10, 2015
drake2:

why wanna make your own coconut oil? Different techniques produce different qualities at different costs. If you are willing to reveal your location, will send you information on where to get VCO(Virgin Coconut Oil) made by InterCEDD.
Ok, thanks. But I still want to make my own with my hands. This life is a learning process right? I have bought the coconuts. Just the procedures and we are good to go

2 Likes

Re: How To Make Coconut Oil by AetA: 12:11pm On Dec 10, 2015
AmJane:
Thank you.

http://www.wivestownhallconnection.com/2013/05/how-to-make-coconut-oil-at-home-by.html?m=1

Check the link above
Re: How To Make Coconut Oil by drake2(m): 3:40pm On Dec 10, 2015
AmJane:
Ok, thanks. But I still want to make my own with my hands. This life is a learning process right? I have bought the coconuts. Just the procedures and we are good to go

At InterCEDD (International center for ethnomedicine and drug development), we use the cold pressing method (It requires a machine). The long chain organic molecules in the oil are very volatile and will loose its original configuration and quality if subjected to the heating method which is what you are probably asking for.

If you are insistent on doing it yourself and also the most efficacious way; the cold press method is your best bet. Any other way will produce an oil with little or no evidence based efficacy.

Plenty of Good luck though!
Re: How To Make Coconut Oil by AmJane(f): 11:22pm On Dec 10, 2015
Re: How To Make Coconut Oil by Nobody: 8:47am On Feb 08, 2017
AmJane:
Thank you.
plz ma, I sent u a pm kindly reply me plz
Re: How To Make Coconut Oil by AmJane(f): 4:58pm On Feb 08, 2017
Benignasweety:
I didn't see anything o. You can resend.
Re: How To Make Coconut Oil by AmJane(f): 5:22pm On Feb 09, 2017
Benignasweety:

I have replied your pm dear
Re: How To Make Coconut Oil by Chomsky1967(f): 6:09pm On Feb 10, 2017
drake2:

At InterCEDD (International center for ethnomedicine and drug development), we use the cold pressing method (It requires a machine). The long chain organic molecules in the oil are very volatile and will loose its original configuration and quality if subjected to the heating method which is what you are probably asking for.

If you are insistent on doing it yourself and also the most efficacious way; the cold press method is your best bet. Any other way will produce an oil with little or no evidence based efficacy.

Plenty of Good luck though!
Where is it available?
Re: How To Make Coconut Oil by Nobody: 7:32pm On Feb 12, 2017
AmJane:

I have replied your pm dear
Goodevening ma and happy Sunday. I trust your lo is kicking fine?
Plz ma, I havent gotten a feedback from you via the pm I sent to you. I would appreciate any answer from you ma, be it a "yes you will" or a "No I cant" plz ma.
Re: How To Make Coconut Oil by Nurry2017(f): 8:20pm On May 16, 2018

There are different ways of producing virgin coconut oil.
Fermentation
Boiling
Chillingham thaw
Visit [url]agricbizidea.com[/url] for detailed information and pictures on the different methods, advantages and disadvantages

(1) (Reply)

Bakery Equipment / Isi Okporoko(stockfish) 4 Sale!!! Order Now! / Beware Of Fake Peak 123 Milk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.