Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,488 members, 7,812,519 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:37 PM

The "Benins" Who All Migrated 2 Various Destinations In Nigeria in Ancient Times - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The "Benins" Who All Migrated 2 Various Destinations In Nigeria in Ancient Times (1360 Views)

Names Of Various Animals In Yoruba Language / reasons why some benins have yoruba names / Threat To Traditional Kingdom: Benins Dare Ljaw Freedom Fighters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The "Benins" Who All Migrated 2 Various Destinations In Nigeria in Ancient Times by itstpia8: 6:55pm On Dec 10, 2015
were they black africans or the mixed descendants of the portuguese and other immigrants?
Re: The "Benins" Who All Migrated 2 Various Destinations In Nigeria in Ancient Times by martha89: 7:35pm On Dec 10, 2015
Hummmmmm
Re: The "Benins" Who All Migrated 2 Various Destinations In Nigeria in Ancient Times by Nobody: 2:32am On Dec 11, 2015
itstpia8:
were they black africans or the mixed descendants of the portuguese and other immigrants?

What do you mean by mixed Portuguese? I've done more extensive research, and the Portuguese mix is not as much as I initially thought. Besides out of all the people in Edo, some Esans are the only ones with a trace of Portuguese lineage.
Re: The "Benins" Who All Migrated 2 Various Destinations In Nigeria in Ancient Times by Nobody: 2:33am On Dec 11, 2015
itstpia8:

Also, someone stated that Edos aren't native to Nigeria and that we are actually Guinean in origin.
Re: The "Benins" Who All Migrated 2 Various Destinations In Nigeria in Ancient Times by tpiar: 2:37am On Dec 11, 2015
aim5:

What do you mean by mixed Portuguese? I've done more extensive research, and the Portuguese mix is not as much as I initially thought. Besides out of all the people in Edo, some Esans are the only ones with a trace of Portuguese lineage.

that's highly doubtful..

I think you're assuming only light skinned people can be mixed [or all mixed people are light skinned], that's not so.
Re: The "Benins" Who All Migrated 2 Various Destinations In Nigeria in Ancient Times by tpiar: 2:37am On Dec 11, 2015
aim5:

Also, someone stated that Edos aren't native to Nigeria and that we are actually Guinean in origin.

link?
Re: The "Benins" Who All Migrated 2 Various Destinations In Nigeria in Ancient Times by Nobody: 3:13am On Dec 11, 2015
tpiar:

that's highly doubtful..

I think you're assuming only light skinned people can be mixed [or all mixed people are light skinned], that's not so.

No. I never said all light skinned people are mixed. If anything, I said that I researched and later found out that the Portuguese mixing wasn't as much as I initially thought, and that includes my own group.
Re: The "Benins" Who All Migrated 2 Various Destinations In Nigeria in Ancient Times by Nobody: 3:14am On Dec 11, 2015
tpiar:

link?

I heard it from a guy while I went to a function a couple weeks ago. Google it and see what you find.
Re: The "Benins" Who All Migrated 2 Various Destinations In Nigeria in Ancient Times by Nobody: 3:16am On Dec 11, 2015
tpiar:

that's highly doubtful..

Also, there are some dark skinned people with thin lips and "European" features, so I'm not dumb to assume that only lightskinned people can have any European heritage. Afterall, look at African Americans.
Re: The "Benins" Who All Migrated 2 Various Destinations In Nigeria in Ancient Times by bokohalal(m): 9:53pm On Dec 11, 2015
aim5:

You are joking, right?
Re: The "Benins" Who All Migrated 2 Various Destinations In Nigeria in Ancient Times by bokohalal(m): 9:54pm On Dec 11, 2015
aim5:

GUINEA as originally a Bini word is different from "of GUINEAN origin."
Re: The "Benins" Who All Migrated 2 Various Destinations In Nigeria in Ancient Times by Nobody: 10:32pm On Dec 11, 2015
bokohalal:

You are joking, right?

Yes I'm joking.
Re: The "Benins" Who All Migrated 2 Various Destinations In Nigeria in Ancient Times by HugoChavezJr(m): 10:35pm On Dec 11, 2015
aim5:

Stop embarrassing yourself you look stupid.
Re: The "Benins" Who All Migrated 2 Various Destinations In Nigeria in Ancient Times by Nobody: 10:51pm On Dec 11, 2015
bokohalal:

GUINEA as originally a Bini word is different from "of GUINEAN origin."

This isn't coming from me, someone at a function said it and I thought about it. That isn't my belief.
Re: The "Benins" Who All Migrated 2 Various Destinations In Nigeria in Ancient Times by tpiar: 2:59pm On Dec 13, 2015
aim5:

I heard it from a guy while I went to a function a couple weeks ago. Google it and see what you find.

In short, hearsay?

Ok, I'll check google.

(1) (Reply)

Emir Of Kano, Sanusi Lamido And His Adorable 'footwear' Step Out For An Event / Arε There Any KEGITES On Nairaland,if There Arε Let Us Vibrate Here. / The Two "TRIBES"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.