Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,770 members, 7,955,937 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 07:08 PM

Why Do People Die? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Why Do People Die? (24272 Views)

More Than 71 People Die In Bus Crash In Ghana / 30 People Die As Al-qaeda Attacks Hotel In Burkina Faso (photos) / Photos: Container Falls On People In Ojuelegba:two Cars Crushed, Many People Die (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do People Die? by Oracle(m): 5:55am On Nov 04, 2005
For sometime i'v wondered the reason why people die
well itz a funny topic but im really confused
somebody in perfect health would just drop dead one day
and there's nothing to explain why
so itz kind of strange.
well what are your suggestions or ideas

Re: Why Do People Die? by damygurl(f): 6:41am On Nov 04, 2005
"death is a fact of life." we die becuz we r all humans and descendants of Adam and eve!!!! People die bcuz adam n eve sinned and ate d forbidden fruit and God cursed them. "And the LORD God commanded the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat: but of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die" (Genesis 2:16-17).
it's the consequence of Adam diobeying God!!"In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return" (Genesis 3:19).
He is appointed to die because he has transgressed the Law of God, and the Lord’s justice in the sentence of death is so undeniable that every mouth is stopped and all the world is guilty before Him. Man can offer no legitimate reason why the death sentence should not have been passed, for:

The wages of sin is death (Romans 6:23).

The soul that sinneth, it shall die (Ezekiel 18:4).

Sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death (James 1:15).

By one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin (Romans 5:12).

So then death worketh in us (2 Corinthians 4:12).

For all have sinned (Romans 3:23).

Every time that death strikes and a loved one is suddenly taken away, it is as if we hear the cachinnation of sin and Satan. Sin plays with man for a time just as a cat plays with a mouse. Sin will allow us to run here and there, to pursue happiness, worldly pleasure and power; but the game of life is brief. In the end sin has tracked down each of us, and each pays with his life. Inasmuch as “all have sinned” (Romans 3:23), we search in vain in our efforts to discover the secret of victory over death, for “What man is he that liveth, and shall not see death?” (Psalm 89:48).

Death is still in our midst holding the whole world in fear and subjection. The reason men shrink from it is because “the sting of death is sin” (1 Corinthians 15:56). Because our nature is sinful and our hearts wicked, death continues to prick us and drive us toward the grave as the goad drives an ox to slaughter.
Re: Why Do People Die? by Oracle(m): 1:29am On Nov 07, 2005
What a sermon
thatz great girl. shocked
Re: Why Do People Die? by nferyn(m): 1:39am On Nov 07, 2005
No need to look for a reason when there is none.

There is no purpose to life or death except what you make of it.
The story of original sin is just a way to make sense out of something senseless. Our minds look for purpose and a lot of people cannot accept the ultimate futility of it all, that's why they want to place everything within a greater plan.
Re: Why Do People Die? by Nobody: 5:42pm On Nov 08, 2005
it's the circle of life

birth - grow - reproduce (choice) - die
Re: Why Do People Die? by Oracle(m): 11:57pm On Nov 09, 2005
Thanx
Re: Why Do People Die? by Seun(m): 12:34am On Nov 10, 2005
They die because they are old or sick or terribly injured in an accident.
Re: Why Do People Die? by damygurl(f): 1:01am On Nov 10, 2005
Seun:

They die because they are old or sick or terribly injured in an accident.
so wat about does who are very healthy and just die like dat mayhap in there sleep or somefin?
Re: Why Do People Die? by goodguy(m): 3:04am On Nov 10, 2005
Not everyone dies actually. Enoch and Elijah never died. cool
Re: Why Do People Die? by nferyn(m): 3:08am On Nov 10, 2005
goodguy:

And where can I find these good people?
Re: Why Do People Die? by Oracle(m): 3:30am On Nov 10, 2005
goodguy:

those were the bible days i don't think that happens nowadays.
Re: Why Do People Die? by prettyH(f): 9:27pm On Dec 05, 2005
nferyn:

And where can I find these good people?

When u get to meet Baba God. smiley
Re: Why Do People Die? by goodguy(m): 9:32pm On Dec 05, 2005
Exactly.
Re: Why Do People Die? by nicetohave(m): 4:04pm On Dec 14, 2005
People die so that they can give account of their stewardship and receive a just recompence of their works done in the flesh here on earth...(Physical) death is not a punishment as may be thought by some, it is infact a good thing if it meets you at the right place at the right time, doing the right thing...then you move on to eternal life, however (spiritual) death, which is the true death is the punishment.....it means eternal anguish and separation from God[i].....that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life[/i]
Re: Why Do People Die? by Nobody: 1:51am On Aug 08, 2006
Re: Why Do People Die? by jammin(m): 12:21am On Dec 26, 2006
This question has an easy answer.

We die because we live.
ponder on that profundity. cool
Re: Why Do People Die? by emilyquinn: 8:34pm On Jan 22, 2007
I'm not a religious person, so i'm not going to answer like alot of the people so far have. but i beleive people die to make life important. idk if this needs an explanation, fairly simple answer. if people didnt die, there would really be no point to live life to the fullest. since there is a limit on the amount of time we have, we do the things we want to while we still can. i try to live that way, anyway.
Re: Why Do People Die? by Nobody: 10:20pm On Jan 24, 2007
Death is necessary to keep the natural balance. Just imagine if we could live forever. There would be no space for everybody
Re: Why Do People Die? by desertboom(m): 8:21pm On Jan 28, 2007
I think we that are alive may not know or cannot even explain why we die, but i believe when we all die we will all get to understand why we die.
Re: Why Do People Die? by phoenixman: 8:24pm On Jan 28, 2007
ALL of you people are saying "dirt"
people die, because they lived.
Re: Why Do People Die? by Free(f): 3:56am On Jan 29, 2007
ppl die becus of Sin undecided
Re: Why Do People Die? by Seun(m): 10:50am On Jan 29, 2007
Those that die suddenly die because of heart attacks or other causes that a good coroner can reveal.
Re: Why Do People Die? by naijababe2(f): 2:57pm On Jan 29, 2007
any soul that sin shall die
Re: Why Do People Die? by Douzy(m): 3:01pm On Jan 29, 2007
Even Christ who didn't sin 'died'.
Re: Why Do People Die? by phoenixman: 12:33am On Jan 30, 2007
Extrapolating from douzy. sin is not what makes people die

Therefore in order to die, you have to live.
conclusion: people die because they lived
Re: Why Do People Die? by Tobiegal(f): 1:36pm On Jan 30, 2007
dunnolike dis talk abt death, n dying pple!!! sad cry
Re: Why Do People Die? by honey5: 4:13pm On Feb 15, 2007
people die because of the sin of their past life,

what do u think?
Re: Why Do People Die? by understand: 8:56pm On Feb 19, 2007
all i know is that "dayamgirl" is wrong.
okay. forget adam and eve,
forget god.
forget everything.
you wont figure out why people die over the net.
you'll know when you die.

i understand
Re: Why Do People Die? by phoenixman: 1:04am On Feb 20, 2007
to fully understand why people die
you have to first
know why people live.
and it will alway be
with life come death
always was
always will be
Jesus never sinned
yet he died
conclusion
death is
life ultimate goal.
said another way
you live to die.
ponder that. cry
Re: Why Do People Die? by dblock(m): 8:43am On Feb 20, 2007
Humans die becasue every day our DNA fragments get a little bit shorter, there are less commands and so all the cells get older until we reach a stage where we can't function anylonger. If someone could invent some sort of NanoCells that could assist or replace altogether our normal body cells, we would live forever. Of course there are many other ways of dying, bu lightning strike, gettin zapped by your macintosh desktop, tripping while walking home and landing on a rusty nail that infects you and causes you to die, Getting hit by a baseball ehile having a friendly game, choking on a PIE the least is so extensive that it's not funny

So many ways to die but practically only one way to be born wink
Re: Why Do People Die? by picky: 2:17pm On Feb 24, 2007
In what way do you mean 'why do we die?'

The earth was intended to be an awesome place to live, created for us out of love by Jesus.
We weren't supposed to die, or have pain, and frankly I think it would be cool to have a pet cobra, but whatever.
Sin was introduced because we were loved enough to be given free will: ie, not be forced to do what we were told
but instead decide for ourselves. Sin was introduced, and with sin comes death.

We now die because we get old, we age, our body stops functioning correctly, we get hit by a bus like on Lost,
With technological advances, we are living longer. We now die around 80 instead of 40. Yes we live longer.

But we die because eventually our bodies wear down and stop working. Our bodies do this because sin was introduced.

It doesn't matter that you'll die. It matters where you'll go when that happens. Eternity is a long, long time.
Re: Why Do People Die? by phoenixman: 8:26pm On Feb 24, 2007
picky:

In what way do you mean 'why do we die?'

The earth was intended to be an awesome place to live, created for us out of love by Jesus.
We weren't supposed to die, or have pain, and frankly I think it would be cool to have a pet cobra, but whatever.
Sin was introduced because we were loved enough to be given free will: ie, not be forced to do what we were told
but instead decide for ourselves. Sin was introduced, and with sin comes death.

We now die because we get old, we age, our body stops functioning correctly, we get hit by a bus like on Lost,
With technological advances, we are living longer. We now die around 80 instead of 40. Yes we live longer.

But we die because eventually our bodies wear down and stop working. Our bodies do this because sin was introduced.

It doesn't matter that you'll die. It matters where you'll go when that happens. Eternity is a long, long time.

Is this suppose to be an intelligent response?
Tell Jesus to come kiss my black a$$.
he may have got you Sucker, but he cant Con me.

(1) (2) (Reply)

What's The Funniest Moniker/ Username You've Seen On Nairaland.. / Electricity Distribution Company Staff Invade Lagos Community / Did You Use 5 & 10 Kobo Coins? (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.