Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,915 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:00 AM

You Will Forgive Your Wicked Rich Uncle After Reading This - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / You Will Forgive Your Wicked Rich Uncle After Reading This (1284 Views)

What Can Make You Forgive Your Wife If She Cheats? / Would You Forgive Your Husband Who Got Your Maid Pregnant? / This Is A Tough One: Will You Forgive Your Kids If They Tried To Kill You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

You Will Forgive Your Wicked Rich Uncle After Reading This by MaverickExcel1(m): 2:11am On Dec 11, 2015

While growing up my mum will always warn me against rich relatives, rich kids and even rich friends. She would tell me that rich people are wicked and do not care about others. I don’t know why she thought so. Perhaps, it’s from past experience with rich relatives.

I never questioned her judgment because I thought she knew better than me. Hence, I came to believe that the rich were some kind of mean, cruel and heartless bunch of proud peacocks.

I guess I was wrong.

The funny thing was, I wanted to be rich one day!

Does that mean that I would become wicked too?

Never!

Would you like your cousin or nephew to label you a “wicked uncle?”

Of course not.

Neither do I.

Since I wouldn’t want to be seen as a wicked rich man I decided to reconsider the perception that rich people are wicked. I actually had to look at the other side of the coin to see if the rich are as wicked as many people see them.

Things to consider before you rush into a hasty conclusion about the rich.

You never ask:

It’s so easy to rush into conclusions after hearing the story of this woman or that man who got thrown out of the house by his uncle after asking for some assistance.

The problem with most of us is that we fear rejection from others that we become scared to ask for help. This rich people are not some ancient mind readers or omniscience to know what you need.

All you just need to do is ASK and if he is unwilling to help, you click the NEXT button. After all there are a thousand fishes in the river.

Be Considerate:

You should know that being rich comes with so many responsibilities and also with challenges. Remember that they have a family to care for, businesses to manage and other thousand and one things to do.

Just think about all the homeless people who have begged you for money. You probably got so used to it that you ignore each and every one of them now.

They’re Busy People:

Obviously, being hardworking makes them busy and as such they won’t have the time for everybody that has a problem. When you’re going to visit that your rich uncle or aunt to ask for a favor, it would be a good thing to go when they’re less busy.

Definitely NOT on their leisure time.

You’re not the only person:

You should note that you’re not the only person asking for help. Perhaps, you’re among other thousands of people. And helping all these people would be impossible.

No one is perfect:

The truth is no matter how good you are, people will always find a reason to write you off. The rich can’t become everything to everybody. They can’t always be good.

Earn it:

Instead of reaching out to the rich and ask for their help right away, you can do something for free that makes them happy. In the online world, it can be writing a little promotional article about them or writing a valuable content for them to publish on their blog.

See how i did it here: http://maverickexcel.com/read-this-before-you-quit-10-reasons-why-jide-ogunsanya-is-a-savvy-entrepreneur-and-blogger/

Relationship matters:

Before asking for help you should take your time to build a cordial relationship with them. People deal with others based on the relationship they have with them. A house keeper asking for help from his master is different from a son requesting help from his father.

In life, relationship is everything.

Don’t Assume:

Not everybody you think is rich is actually rich. So, don’t go running after a man with a nice piece of Italian suit without caring to know how much he has in his bank account.

In Nigeria a man with pot belly is assumed to be rich

You can’t have what you hate:

Hating rich people won’t make you any way richer than them. Don’t expect to be rich when you hate those who are.

They also need help:

Do you think the rich have it all?

No.

They also need help in one way or the other.

You can look out for ways you can help the rich and watch them return the favor.

Conclusion of the matter:

Rich people are not entirely or typically wicked. They are simply busy people constantly disturbed by others, requesting their help and money. Instead of feeling hurt when you get ignored, learn how they got to where they are and take action for your own life.

Determine to get past where they are, so you’ll also get the chance to help others.

Remember, they have the right to help or ignore you and they owe you no apology. Don’t always go to them when you need their help. Make them your friend. Build a friendly relationship.

1 Like

Re: You Will Forgive Your Wicked Rich Uncle After Reading This by ambient: 5:44am On Dec 11, 2015
i dont go around begging my rich uncles for anything because i know they have a lot of responsibilities.its just selfish expecting someone to solve the problems your parent couldnt solve and then tagging them wicked if they dont meet up.

5 Likes

Re: You Will Forgive Your Wicked Rich Uncle After Reading This by MaverickExcel1(m): 10:31am On Dec 11, 2015
ambient:
i dont go around begging my rich uncles for anything because i know they have a lot of responsibilities.its just selfish expecting someone to solve the problems your parent couldnt solve and then tagging them wicked if they dont meet up.

That's right Ambient. The world does not owe us anything but rather, we owe the world

(1) (Reply)

Exclusively For Your Family. 2 In 1 Gas And Petrol Cab. For Your GENSET / Angels Guide / She Want Me To Help Reconcile Her And Her Fiancé, How Do I Go About It.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.