Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,506 members, 7,819,832 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:02 AM

What Makes A Vehicle Righthand Or Lefthand Driving? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / What Makes A Vehicle Righthand Or Lefthand Driving? (1071 Views)

Torrot: A Vehicle Made For Lagos Traffic / Peace Mass Transit Set Up A Vehicle Assembly Plant In Emene, Enugu / Policeman In Ojota Assists With A Vehicle Causing Traffic - Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Makes A Vehicle Righthand Or Lefthand Driving? by ahamonyeka(m): 9:15pm On Dec 11, 2015
I was arguing with a colleague in the office that what makes a vehicle left or right hand driving is the position of the steering but,he said is the hand one uses in controlling the gear that determines,to this effect I really want to know the right answer to it.
Re: What Makes A Vehicle Righthand Or Lefthand Driving? by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:19pm On Dec 11, 2015
The after effects of taking origin. grin

5 Likes

Re: What Makes A Vehicle Righthand Or Lefthand Driving? by ZIMDRILL(m): 9:42pm On Dec 11, 2015
ahamonyeka:
I was arguing with a colleague in the office that what makes a vehicle left or right hand driving is the position of the steering but,he said is the hand one uses in controlling the gear that determines,to this effect I really want to know the right answer to it.

its about the which side of the road you drive at
Re: What Makes A Vehicle Righthand Or Lefthand Driving? by Nobody: 9:59pm On Dec 11, 2015
ahamonyeka:

The driving position determines if a vehicle is LHD or RHD. Not the hand used in changing gears, or what side of the road the vehicle is designed to drive on.

1 Like

Re: What Makes A Vehicle Righthand Or Lefthand Driving? by mayor2013: 10:53pm On Dec 11, 2015
GAZZUZZ:
The after effects of taking origin. grin

Not only origin
Re: What Makes A Vehicle Righthand Or Lefthand Driving? by Nobody: 11:08pm On Dec 11, 2015
ahamonyeka:
1. I assume you're a grown up(at least 23).
2. If you and your friend don't know the answer to this, i pity for this generation of Nigerian youths.
NB: No insults intended. grin

1 Like

Re: What Makes A Vehicle Righthand Or Lefthand Driving? by ahamonyeka(m): 6:57am On Dec 12, 2015
AdmiralDru:

1. I assume you're a grown up(at least 23).
2. If you and your friend don't know the answer to this, i pity for this generation of Nigerian youths.
NB: No insults intended. grin
must you talk from your anus?
Re: What Makes A Vehicle Righthand Or Lefthand Driving? by nurey(m): 7:13am On Dec 12, 2015
ahamonyeka:

op take it easy and don't abuse people, both of you are partially right because you defined it in a layman's term while Siena defined it in the recognized term. your question can also be answered in so many manners which could make sense or not.

yes the position of the steering could determine that but imagine driving a saleen S7 or a Mclaren F1 which have their steering positioned in the middle.

your friend was talking about gear he is some right to an extent depending if he defines it like LHD will expect you to operate gear with right hand and RHD will expect you to operate gear with left hand
Re: What Makes A Vehicle Righthand Or Lefthand Driving? by colossus2: 7:25am On Dec 12, 2015
Re: What Makes A Vehicle Righthand Or Lefthand Driving? by DjAndroid: 9:42am On Dec 12, 2015
Op, the simplest explanation is this:

The position of the steering wheel answers your question.

If the steering wheel is on the left side, the vehicle is LHD.

If it is on the right side, it's RHD.
Re: What Makes A Vehicle Righthand Or Lefthand Driving? by Nobody: 8:54am On Dec 17, 2015
ahamonyeka:
must you talk from your anus?

As i said earlier, no insults intended.
Re: What Makes A Vehicle Righthand Or Lefthand Driving? by alatbaba1(m): 9:25am On Dec 17, 2015
DjAndroid:
Op, the simplest explanation is this:

The position of the steering wheel answers your question.

If the steering wheel is on the left side, the vehicle is LHD.

If it is on the right side, it's RHD.

Hw about when the wheel is at the center? Center hand drive abi or End time hand drive?

(1) (Reply)

10 Upcoming Cars That Will Make You Lose Your Mind / / Volkswagen Celebrates Its 150 Millionth Vehicle,A Golf GTE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.