Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,071 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:04 AM

Nigerian Bank Charged Me N240 Per Dollar For Online Transaction - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nigerian Bank Charged Me N240 Per Dollar For Online Transaction (1312 Views)

CBN Weakens Naira To 307/dollar For First Time (dailytrust) / Best Nigerian Bank For Business Account / Zenith Bank Charged Me This For A 5Dollar Transaction *pix Attached**** (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Bank Charged Me N240 Per Dollar For Online Transaction by homebase(m): 6:48am On Dec 12, 2015
I just received GTbank debit alert this morning of the transaction
i did yesterday around 9:30pm.

You know what? GTbank charged me N239.998843....... per $1

In short do the calculation yourself: N18,671.91 divided by $77.8

I was thinking that the charges won't be more than N220.05 per dollar,
can you imagine the difference?

At least Nigerian banks should have a system that will notify one
of their POS dollar rate before doing e-transaction.

I am just using this to alert people who might want to use their
card to buy via any e-transaction channels to do their finding
very well before any transaction.

Walahi this money pain me no be small angry
Re: Nigerian Bank Charged Me N240 Per Dollar For Online Transaction by sofiabelgrade(f): 6:51am On Dec 12, 2015
Skyebank is better for online transactions. Forget about U.B.A and GTB.
Re: Nigerian Bank Charged Me N240 Per Dollar For Online Transaction by walearoy(m): 6:52am On Dec 12, 2015
End Time GTB grin
Re: Nigerian Bank Charged Me N240 Per Dollar For Online Transaction by MzDeeb(f): 7:14am On Dec 12, 2015
I did an online transaction last 2 weeks. And i was charged #230 per dollar by GTB. Whereas, a colleague of mine was charged #217 by her bank- Diamond bank..

I was so pissed off.
Re: Nigerian Bank Charged Me N240 Per Dollar For Online Transaction by homebase(m): 8:02am On Dec 12, 2015
Yes most of them have upped their rates since Thursday.

Diamond bank N217? I saw on another thread here where someone said that
Diamond charged him/her N230 per dollar, so they all not predictable especially
from Thursday.

Besides i have always use GTbank at N220.02 the highest per dollar not
until yesterday experience.

MzDeeb:
I did an online transaction last 2 weeks. And i was charged #230 per dollar by GTB. Whereas, a colleague of mine was charged #217 by her bank- Diamond bank..

I was so pissed off.
Re: Nigerian Bank Charged Me N240 Per Dollar For Online Transaction by homebase(m): 8:19am On Dec 12, 2015
When last did use your Skyebank card?

As far as Nigerian banks are concern anytime from
last Thursday onward is not predictable.

Like you, i have always vouch for GTbank that its won't charge more
than 220.05( because that was the range its have been charging me
not until yesterday) as the time other banks were charging more than that.

And i use the card to buy at least a day in every week.

sofiabelgrade:
Skyebank is better for online transactions. Forget about U.B.A and GTB.
Re: Nigerian Bank Charged Me N240 Per Dollar For Online Transaction by sofiabelgrade(f): 10:52am On Dec 12, 2015
homebase:
When last did use your Skyebank card?

As far as Nigerian banks are concern anytime from
last Thursday onward is not predictable.

Like you, i have always vouch for GTbank that its won't charge more
than 220.05( because that was the range its have been charging me
not until yesterday) as the time other banks were charging more than that.

And i use the card to buy at least a day in every week.

Ok if u say thursday, I will agree with u. As at tuesday I was charged 225 per dollar.

(1) (Reply)

What Do You Think Of Trevor Corporate Networking? Need Ur Answers Pls / Calling On Nationwide Distributors For Our Beauty Products / What's Your Take On A Lady Going Into Barbing?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.