Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,729 members, 7,831,318 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:59 PM

Investing In Mutual Fund, Shares , Bonds Or Treasury Bills ? - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Investing In Mutual Fund, Shares , Bonds Or Treasury Bills ? (2114 Views)

Investing In Shares Or Treasury bills / Fixed Deposit Vs Treasury Bills: Which Pays Better? / How I Was Cheated By Mutual Benefits Life Assurance Ltd (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Investing In Mutual Fund, Shares , Bonds Or Treasury Bills ? by 5Onesoul(m): 9:11am On Dec 12, 2015
Good day all,
I’m new to Nairaland, Infact, this is my first post.

I have limited theoretical knowledge and zero practical knowledge in terms of Mutual funds and Shares Investment. I plan to invest the sum of #3Million Naira for a minimum of 2 years & max of 3 yrs in any of these fields. I have done some fundamental basic research and finding on where and how to go about it. But I’d like to know the following:

~Is Mutual funds Investment better of buying shares? If Yes, what are their return profit margin @ least ( I know its not certain, but to some certain % I’d like to know)
~Are share better of Mutual funds? If Yes, which of the listed firm on NSE is a good buy for now? ( I bought shares worth #50k then when DataComm sold their share. I didn’t get the certificate or even know how it went down.. I count it as loss already.
~Or is it better to just have a 3YRS Fixed DEPOSIT with either GTB or Firstbank, as those are the banks I use.

Brothers/Sisters, I would appreciate if you can give me your input base on your knowledge and experiences. None is a waste, I’m open to learn and research further base on the input i get here.

Thanks all.
Re: Investing In Mutual Fund, Shares , Bonds Or Treasury Bills ? by nwachukwu9(m): 9:24am On Dec 12, 2015
I can assist you to get returns. If you are serious send me your contact.I am experienced in business
Re: Investing In Mutual Fund, Shares , Bonds Or Treasury Bills ? by sichri(m): 9:42am On Dec 13, 2015
@ Op, one of the rules of investment is, do not put your hard earned money into any business/investment you know absolutely nothing about.
Having said that, I think fixed deposit is the best option for you right now. While the money is safe in fixed deposit, though interest rates are very low now, you can take time to figure out a better business with higher returns.
For your fixed deposit, I will advise you to choose GTB.
Best of luck.

1 Like

Re: Investing In Mutual Fund, Shares , Bonds Or Treasury Bills ? by 5Onesoul(m): 5:20pm On Dec 13, 2015
sichri:
@ Op, one of the rules of investment is, do not put your hard earned money into any business/investment you know absolutely nothing about.
Having said that, I think fixed deposit is the best option for you right now. While the money is safe in fixed deposit, though interest rates are very low now, you can take time to figure out a better business with higher returns.
For your fixed deposit, I will advise you to choose GTB.
Best of luck.

Thanks a billion

(1) (Reply)

Free Whatsapp Mentoring On Importation Business / Learn How To Convert Itunes Gift Card And Other Gift Cards To Cash / Last Chance To Earn

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.