Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,799 members, 7,810,078 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:12 PM

How Much Naira Are You Allowed To Take Out Of Nigeria On A Flight? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Much Naira Are You Allowed To Take Out Of Nigeria On A Flight? (11428 Views)

Ghana To Rescue Nigeria On Electricity. What A Shame! / Sanusi Will Ruin Economy If Allowed To Carry Out Liquidation Of Banks / US To Assist Nigeria On Nuclear Power (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Much Naira Are You Allowed To Take Out Of Nigeria On A Flight? by Hotdapps(m): 9:38pm On Jun 03, 2009
Hi fellows, just out of curiosity, i really want to know how much one is officially allowed to take out of Nigeria in an out-bound flight without being harrased or molested by the Nigerian Customs Services or the Immigration Services @ Murtata Int'nl Airport?
Re: How Much Naira Are You Allowed To Take Out Of Nigeria On A Flight? by Fhemmmy: 10:03pm On Jun 03, 2009
I am not sure out of Nigeria, but i know that some country wont let u take more than 10,000$ into their country, nations like Canada, and since they wont let you take more than 10K$ in, would be dumb to take more than than out of Nigeria
Re: How Much Naira Are You Allowed To Take Out Of Nigeria On A Flight? by stkris(m): 1:38am On Jun 04, 2009
i dont think nigeria has any such limitations, so u should be more concerned about the destination. . which in most cases is $10,000
Re: How Much Naira Are You Allowed To Take Out Of Nigeria On A Flight? by ifyalways(f): 8:15am On Jun 04, 2009
st-kris:

i dont think nigeria has any such limitations, so u should be more concerned about the destination. . which in most cases is $10,000
lol
Ofcos we have limitations just that they are non-functioning. . . .as long u are willing to dole out some of the cash to Immi.and Custom guys,u can go with even CBN vault.
@Poster,taking it out is easy,bringing it in to ur destination is the main Koko.
Re: How Much Naira Are You Allowed To Take Out Of Nigeria On A Flight? by TayoUK(m): 3:11pm On Jun 05, 2009
I think there’s limitation in every country but in Nigeria, with small tips, you can get away with any amount with no question asked. There was a time a guy came to UK with 100 thousand pounds to invest in property. He was allowed to leave Lagos with the money and there was no problem when he got to Heathrow. After finishing with what he came to do in London, he was left with about 13 thousand pounds and you know what he was told at departure? He was told he’s not allowed to leave the country with more than 10 thousand pounds cash. That’s how bizarre our own system is in Nigeria.
Re: How Much Naira Are You Allowed To Take Out Of Nigeria On A Flight? by wavareblessing: 3:42pm On Jul 21, 2013
do you need uk/canada[b][/b] resident visa and within 1 week it will be out if yes contact us today on +2348138209842
Re: How Much Naira Are You Allowed To Take Out Of Nigeria On A Flight? by arbitrage: 6:56pm On Jul 21, 2013
Since your question did not mention cash, I will assume you can travel with any amount of money provided the money is residing in your ATM card. But if you mean cash, I will suppose Nigeria's travel limit is the same as our BTA/PTA that is usually granted when buying dollars from bank when travelling, which is usually between $5000 and $10,000 per quarter.
Re: How Much Naira Are You Allowed To Take Out Of Nigeria On A Flight? by Nobody: 9:50am On Jul 22, 2013
Tayo-UK:
I think there’s limitation in every country but in Nigeria, with small tips, you can get away with any amount with no question asked. There was a time a guy came to UK with 100 thousand pounds to invest in property. He was allowed to leave Lagos with the money and there was no problem when he got to Heathrow. After finishing with what he came to do in London, he was left with about 13 thousand pounds and you know what he was told at departure? He was told he’s not allowed to leave the country with more than 10 thousand pounds cash. That’s how bizarre our own system is in Nigeria.

So you tell me why the londoners allowed him free passage into their country at Heatrow with 100k but wont allow him exit with 13k. Thats real hypocrisy...
Re: How Much Naira Are You Allowed To Take Out Of Nigeria On A Flight? by franel79(m): 3:10pm On Jul 22, 2013
Trust Nigeria Limited.
Motto: Nothing works within our borders.
Email: nolight@nigeria.com
Phone: 080-Dont Rely on Govt.
Address: Lack of Basic and Necessary Social Amenities, the available few are not well regulated.
Re: How Much Naira Are You Allowed To Take Out Of Nigeria On A Flight? by tck2000(m): 1:40pm On Jun 06, 2019
how

(1) (Reply)

How Much Did You Save This Year.. 2023 / Coping With Businesses That Involves Selling On Credit. Advice Needed / How To Get Financial Help From Nigerian Philanthropist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.