Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,817 members, 7,827,994 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:56 PM

How Much Do You Pay To Vacinate Your Dog - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / How Much Do You Pay To Vacinate Your Dog (15845 Views)

If you think your Dog is big check this out / How To Stop Your Dog From Eating Poo / GIVING YOUR DOG A NATURAL TICK BATH (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Much Do You Pay To Vacinate Your Dog by leksmedia: 4:43pm On Dec 12, 2015
I created this topic because of what happened today, I am a pet lover who will do anything to make my pets be in good condition. So I went to visit a fried who has a dog and he hasn't vacinnated him in a while (deworming , etc) then I told him of the dangers of not vaccinating his dog. So we looked for a nearby vet. After explaining all that needs to be explained ,then we got the shock of our lives when this guy gave a bill of about 15k
Deworming 4,000
DHP - 7,000
Multivitamin (one K9 tablet ) 3,000
And and some other thing about 2500

I was like are you kidding me ?

After much talk the dude was asking how much did you buy the dog , so do u expect to vacinate it with 2,000 naira. Then I noticed Nigerians generally believe that you have arrived once you get a dog. I had almost the same experience when I took my dog for vacinnation the first time.

I understand that prices may vary but I don't think vets should over extort people. So please how much do you vaccinate your dog and wjere is your location .
This is to give upcoming dog owners or dogs owners an idea of what they should budget when going to the vet.

3 Likes

Re: How Much Do You Pay To Vacinate Your Dog by JOOHEL: 5:01pm On Dec 12, 2015
to vaccine a dog is 4000 naira..
Re: How Much Do You Pay To Vacinate Your Dog by rodmann(m): 5:20pm On Dec 12, 2015
JOOHEL:
Correct!

2 Likes

Re: How Much Do You Pay To Vacinate Your Dog by osomegbe(m): 5:26pm On Dec 12, 2015
location matters.
Deworming injection -3,000
DHP -2000
Multivitamin- 2,000

In PHC
it was cheaper when i called someone from Aba. He charged me 4,500 for the ones mention plus transport included in the 4,500.

Look for somewhere else. sometimes, greed makes them to behave that way.
The price of the dog should not determine the prices of shots given or treatment given.

antibiotics -- 2,000
antirabies -- 3,500-4,000

1 Like

Re: How Much Do You Pay To Vacinate Your Dog by knyte(m): 5:57pm On Dec 12, 2015
JOOHEL:
Wich vaccine again pls?
Re: How Much Do You Pay To Vacinate Your Dog by JOOHEL: 6:05pm On Dec 12, 2015
knyte:
Wich vaccine again pls?
Dhpp.and deworming +multivitamin and booster. Costs 4K.

3 Likes

Re: How Much Do You Pay To Vacinate Your Dog by leksmedia: 6:12pm On Dec 12, 2015
Wow thanks for your inputs , at least this will serve as a guide to anyone taking dogs for vaccination, cos some people just want to rip you off for the love of dogs .

For me I generally think between 2k to 5k should be a fair depending on the nature of the vacinnation

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Much Do You Pay To Vacinate Your Dog by osomegbe(m): 6:19pm On Dec 12, 2015
JOOHEL:

where please. which state
Re: How Much Do You Pay To Vacinate Your Dog by JOOHEL: 6:23pm On Dec 12, 2015
osomegbe:
where please. which state
Lagos state. Ikeja to be precise
Re: How Much Do You Pay To Vacinate Your Dog by kennyausta: 7:06pm On Dec 12, 2015
Deworming tablet I bought for 900 naira it contains 20 tablets while vaccination is 3k. The first time I deworm my dog I was charged 1,500 naira. So I went to a pet pharmacy and got the deworm can for 9h.

1 Like

Re: How Much Do You Pay To Vacinate Your Dog by kennyausta: 7:11pm On Dec 12, 2015
JOOHEL:

Please which area is that?
Re: How Much Do You Pay To Vacinate Your Dog by JOOHEL: 8:30pm On Dec 12, 2015
kennyausta:

Please which area is that?
Ikeja. Ogba sir
Re: How Much Do You Pay To Vacinate Your Dog by knyte(m): 8:55pm On Dec 12, 2015
JOOHEL:

smiley I kip my mouth locked up
Re: How Much Do You Pay To Vacinate Your Dog by Prodeegee(m): 2:00pm On Dec 13, 2015
knyte:

best decision...cos sometimes e dey backfire...you know what i mean cheesy

1 Like

Re: How Much Do You Pay To Vacinate Your Dog by blackboy(m): 2:59pm On Dec 13, 2015
My vet in Asaba charges N2500 ARV, N3500 DHLPP and antibiotic N3k. Total N10k. No deworming. I told him I handle that myself.

1 Like

Re: How Much Do You Pay To Vacinate Your Dog by knyte(m): 5:33pm On Dec 13, 2015
Prodeegee:
Yes oo, i really do know.
Re: How Much Do You Pay To Vacinate Your Dog by peyton84: 11:35pm On Dec 14, 2015
leksmedia:
I created this topic because of what happened today, I am a pet lover who will do anything to make my pets be in good condition. So I went to visit a fried who has a dog and he hasn't vacinnated him in a while (deworming , etc) then I told him of the dangers of not vaccinating his dog. So we looked for a nearby vet. After explaining all that needs to be explained ,then we got the shock of our lives when this guy gave a bill of about 15k
Deworming 4,000
DHP - 7,000
Multivitamin (one K9 tablet ) 3,000
And and some other thing about 2500

I was like are you kidding me ?

After much talk the dude was asking how much did you buy the dog , so do u expect to vacinate it with 2,000 naira. Then I noticed Nigerians generally believe that you have arrived once you get a dog. I had almost the same experience when I took my dog for vacinnation the first time.

I understand that prices may vary but I don't think vets should over extort people. So please how much do you vaccinate your dog and wjere is your location .
This is to give upcoming dog owners or dogs owners an idea of what they should budget when going to the vet.

You guys have all said well,from all I have been able to scoop out of the long list of people's opines but as for the self trial thing whoever is subscribed to the idea of treating his or her by his/herself should reconsider the impending consequence when it backfires....just a candid advice!
Re: How Much Do You Pay To Vacinate Your Dog by yommen: 5:26am On Dec 15, 2015
I once opened a thread seeking petlanders to help draw a timetable of vaccines so that people who are interested can administer these drugs themselves. Of course I know breeders who inject dogs and I've also watched how to inject dogs on YouTube. I also have a customer who does that himself.

1 Like

Re: How Much Do You Pay To Vacinate Your Dog by leksmedia: 6:43am On Dec 15, 2015
You are right if you aint experienced don't do it

peyton84:

You guys have all said well,from all I have been able to scoop out of the long list of people's opines but as for the self trial thing whoever is subscribed to the idea of treating his or her by his/herself should reconsider the impending consequence when it backfires....just a candid advice!
Re: How Much Do You Pay To Vacinate Your Dog by wunmi590(m): 9:19am On Dec 15, 2015
knyte:

Yes oo, i really do know.
Prodeegee:
knyte:

Best statement from pet gurus.

I duff my fila for you guys with wealth of experience cheesy
Re: How Much Do You Pay To Vacinate Your Dog by pmadise(m): 4:28pm On Dec 15, 2015
I pay -

- N800 for deworming
- N2,500 for DHLPP (per shot); and
- N3,000 for anti rabies

LOC: Egbeda

4 Likes

Re: How Much Do You Pay To Vacinate Your Dog by knyte(m): 4:35pm On Dec 15, 2015
wunmi590:

Best statement from pet gurus.

I duff my fila for you guys with wealth of experience cheesy
grin we all dey learn everyday but some own the fountain of knowledge already. Lol
Re: How Much Do You Pay To Vacinate Your Dog by wunmi590(m): 6:42pm On Dec 15, 2015
knyte:

grin we all dey learn everyday but some own the fountain of knowledge already. Lol

cheesy

1 Like

Re: How Much Do You Pay To Vacinate Your Dog by Kiri335: 4:24pm On Aug 04, 2019
Where in pH please
osomegbe:
location matters.
Deworming injection -3,000
DHP -2000
Multivitamin- 2,000

In PHC
it was cheaper when i called someone from Aba. He charged me 4,500 for the ones mention plus transport included in the 4,500.

Look for somewhere else. sometimes, greed makes them to behave that way.
The price of the dog should not determine the prices of shots given or treatment given.

antibiotics -- 2,000
antirabies -- 3,500-4,000
Re: How Much Do You Pay To Vacinate Your Dog by Specialjoe(m): 7:29pm On Nov 17, 2019
Hello guys pls how many types of vaccination do we have and which one is the best
Re: How Much Do You Pay To Vacinate Your Dog by Emmanuelmosaku: 9:53pm On Oct 03, 2020
The price of vaccination varies just the same way there are different vaccines with different efficacy which cost differently. To also add the fact that location matters. You don't expect the vaccination of someone who used over half a million to rent his clinic apartment annually to someone who just used 100k to rent his apartment for 1 year. Off course all these factors play a major role.
And to those that think they can do it on their own, it's only a matter of time before it backfires as most of you think it's just about getting a syringe and the vaccine and you're as good as done. I'm a Vet and i have seen several cases where people administered drugs or vaccines on their animals and had to pay through their nose to correct the situation and worse off, the pet died.
Owning a pet isn't for everybody, its more like owning a child. if you know you're not financially ready to take care of a pet, then don't force it. Pets like dogs especially are for people who can comfortably take care of themselves, unfortunately most people in this part of the world purchase pets and then make them pass through hell all in the name of the money you want to make.

My submission.

1 Like

Re: How Much Do You Pay To Vacinate Your Dog by seunH: 9:38am On Oct 05, 2020
Emmanuelmosaku:
The price of vaccination varies just the same way there are different vaccines with different efficacy which cost differently. To also add the fact that location matters. You don't expect the vaccination of someone who used over half a million to rent his clinic apartment annually to someone who just used 100k to rent his apartment for 1 year. Off course all these factors play a major role.
And to those that think they can do it on their own, it's only a matter of time before it backfires as most of you think it's just about getting a syringe and the vaccine and you're as good as done. I'm a Vet and i have seen several cases where people administered drugs or vaccines on their animals and had to pay through their nose to correct the situation and worse off, the pet died.
Owning a pet isn't for everybody, its more like owning a child. if you know you're not financially ready to take care of a pet, then don't force it. Pets like dogs especially are for people who can comfortably take care of themselves, unfortunately most people in this part of the world purchase pets and then make them pass through hell all in the name of the money you want to make.

My submission.
Sir, if it were possible for me to dash you a thousand likes, sincerely I would do so. in fact I had to review all your post and give each a like. God bless you sir. You took the word out of my mouth. It is attitudes like this that makes them fall into the hand of quacks. Imagine here on Nairaland, someone claimed he could treat parvo for less than 500 naira, and a lot of people followed him !!!!!!
Re: How Much Do You Pay To Vacinate Your Dog by Sandrach: 2:52am On Mar 28, 2021
Vaccination is pretty costly where I live, but it's too much of a life-saver to be cheap about it. I should be happy that I can order original pet drugs for my dog without going broke, since you can get them from uk pet drugs with free delivery and generous discounts. For people who own pets, there's nothing more important than having an ability to keep their pets healthy.
Re: How Much Do You Pay To Vacinate Your Dog by Niceoneofficial(m): 4:30am On Jul 10, 2021
kennyausta:
Deworming tablet I bought for 900 naira it contains 20 tablets while vaccination is 3k. The first time I deworm my dog I was charged 1,500 naira. So I went to a pet pharmacy and got the deworm can for 9h.

Can you at least tell us the brand name of the drugs you got
Re: How Much Do You Pay To Vacinate Your Dog by charles77f: 12:08pm On Jul 10, 2021
okay
Re: How Much Do You Pay To Vacinate Your Dog by olamirewaju6190: 3:25pm On Jul 10, 2021
Deworming tablet bottle is 5k now, which deworming drug did you buy 900 naira? Vaccination is 3k every 2 weeks 3 times making 9k,government vetinary clinics would charge you 4500 per dose and your dog has to take 3! The last multivamin I bought was 5k and I am sure it would be more by now No matter what, you would still spend close to 15k or more self

1 Like

Re: How Much Do You Pay To Vacinate Your Dog by Mor5: 6:30pm On Jan 13, 2022
Prodeegee:
Like how much can pays a vet monthly to b looking after his dog

(1) (Reply)

Ekuke Lovers Trend / BERGER ALLEMAND PUPPIES NOW AVAILABLE.[GERMAN SHERPHERD] / Dog Breeding Business In Nigeria.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.